“excelent”

Ranked #106 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“excelent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

good location. easy to access dublin central,staff where verry helpfull,rooms were clean and spacey

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KOBRICK
LouiseManager, Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Good Afternoon,

I am Happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us at Travelodge and I do hope that you will come and stay again at some stage in the near future,

Louise and the Travelodge team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

I've probably stayed in this hotel 60-70 times in the last 2 years and have yet to have a bad experience.The girls are excellent and willing to go out of their way to help all guests.

I've stayed in many other hotels throughout the UK and Ireland paying much higher prices and haven't been treated as well.

the hotel is easily accessible from M50 and has a secure underground car park.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank stephen r
LouiseManager, Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Hi Stephen,

Thank you for leaving such a nice review for us......

We look forward to welcoming you to the Hotel each week and do hope that we can continue to give you the best service possible.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

After reading a few of the bad reviews on here, I was slightly dubious about this hotel, having booked the trip away as a birthday present for my boyfriend. However, I cannot fault anything about it.
We stayed for two nights across a weekend, and our room was lovely. It was clean, modern and a great size, with a high ceiling and full length window which gave it a bright and spacious feel. The bathroom actually had a full size bath unlike other Travellodges we have previously stayed in, and there was a pull down ironing board and iron in the room, which was much more useful than the usual trouser-presses.
The bus stop outside has two buses that go into the city centre (the 4 and 13) which take about 15 mins and both run regularly and until fairly late in the evening (11.30pm) even on a Sunday. We bought a 3 day bus pass for just 13.50 euros whilst at the airport which gave us unlimited bus travel including on the Airlink airport buses, which was great value and we would definitely do it again should we return to Dublin. We caught a bus into the city centre from the airport, and then one to the hotel from there (make sure you get the one going in the right direction though, noted from experience!).
We didn't use the restaurant or bar, so cannot comment on them, but they looked pleasant enough. The staff were friendly, and we didn't hear any late night noise as was commented on in some previous reviews.
The area the hotel is in does look tatty in certain areas, but looking at the modernity of some buildings (mainly the ones directly near the hotel) in comparison to others, you can tell it is undergoing regeneration. As a 21 year old girl, I didn't feel unsafe at all waiting on my own at the bus stop while my boyfriend popped back to the room a couple of times throughout our visit, but I don't have a particularly nervous disposition anyway.
Overall, a lovely trip away, and we would not hesitate to return to this hotel. It was brilliant value for money (we paid just 19 euros a night), convenient for the city centre and very comfortable.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sophia M
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time out to write a review of our Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the Hotel up to your standards.

I do hope that if you visit Dublin again that you will come back and stay with us at Travelodge.

Cork
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

Stayed in Travelodge as we were flying out early the next morning. Staff were really friendly and everything was just perfect. a great start to out holiday. Staff at reception had no problem booking taxi for early start and it was early!! So clen and a great price. Definitely would recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
LouiseManager, Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel.....

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and Thank you for your kind words. I will pass on your comments to the Team,

We do hope that you will come and stay with us again,

Louise and The Travelodge Team
Royston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

I have stayed here for work purposes several times in the last year. This has to be one of the best value hotels I have stayed in at an average of 30€ per night. The rooms are large and very clean and the staff are always warm and welcoming. There are quite a few reviews knocking the local area but I have never had any problems. It might seem a bit rough round the edges but don't be put off as local people are a friendly bunch.

There is a bus stop yards from the hotel with a cheap and quick bus service into Dublin. A cab back at night will probably set you back about 14€. There are takeaways locally and the hotel offers some basic food choices, but it is worth heading into Dublin for greater choices. A local gem is the Reco cafe in the youth centre which offers fantastic cheap home cooked food at lunchtime. You can find the Reco by walking directly through the shopping centre and as you come out the other side you will see it across the road from you.

If you are looking for a cheap base from which to explore Dublin you'll be hard pushed to find somewhere offering better value than this hotel which has rooms for up to 3 people. Some years ago I stayed in a nasty hostel in Dublin and paid a lot more for the privilege!

The hotel seems to get better with each visit and they try to keep making improvements. There is now coffee available from reception and a new bar area so that you don't have to go into the adjoining pub which isn't very attractive.

Another huge bonus of this hotel is the friendly staff. They are really accommodating, e.g. they have always let me check in very early for my room as long as the have a room free.

• Stayed November 2011
Good Afternoon,

Firstly, Thank you for taking the time out to write a review of our Hotel.

I am very happy to see that you enjoy staying with us and also that you are impressed with the changes that we are making in the Hotel. We at Travelodge are constantly thinking of new ideas to make so that all of our guests feel welcome and have an enjoyable stay with us.

I do hope that you will come and visit with us again.

Louise and The Travelodge team
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

I would definitely rate the Travelodge as one of the best places to stay at in Dublin. The staff are fantastic, yes, absolutely fantastic. The lady at the cafe who served breakfast is really a jewel in the Travelodge's crown- simply superb service. The breakfast(full Irish breakfast) was served hot and the serve was very generous. Taste wise I will say it was great. The Service desk personnel were very friendly helpful and showed a genuine interest to help foreigners like me.This is the place I was stay on my next visit to Dublin. The rooms are huge and very comfortable when compared with some of the Holiday Inn rooms I had stayed a few days earlier in England and Dubai.The Hotel is very close to Dublin city transport and has a dedicated taxi service if needed 24 hours.

Room Tip: My room was good and had the large french windows and I could see that almost all rooms had similar...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank gmj_ni
LouiseManager, Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the hotel and restaurant to be of a high standard. We at Travelodge pride ourselves on our high level of customer service that we provide to all our guests.

I do hope that we will see you again in the not too distance future, once again Thank you.

Cork, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

nice hotel pity about location right in the middle of ballymun parking for any thing bigger that a car its street parking not the place to go

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review. As you stated we are in the middle of Ballymun. Ballymun as an area is going through regeneration and there has been huge improvement in the area over the past few years with still more to come.
We do have an underground car park but if you have a vehicle that does not fit we do have parking bays for vans or coaches right in front of the hotel. you can just let reception know that you have parked there.
Again thank you for your review

Louise and The Travelodge team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Metro Hotel Dublin Airport
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport
Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords
Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel
Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel

Been to Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel? Share your experiences!