This is a copy of an email I sent to Mr Duffy (the propriator of the guest house). I will also be sending a copy to the Irish Tourist Board amongst other interested bodies. I have also downloaded photographs.
Dear Mr Duffy
Thank you for your Email.
Whilst gratefully acknowledging a refund of a portion of the charge for our accommodation in room No 10, I wish to put on record some points that should be made with the level of service and accommodation that my partner and I received during our stay at your premises.
Quite frankly, after we had climbed to the highest point of the house and shown the room, I was in no state to either accept or reject it as my thoughts were more for the health of my partner Barbara. You will remember that we discussed the fact that she suffered Acute Brittle Asthma and C.O.P.D.
I asked you at the time if you had any other accommodation and you replied that there was none. On reflection, I now remember that you thought we had booked a twin room….why did you not offer this room as an alternative?
When we finally ensconced ourselves, I became appalled at the decoration and general state of the room. I will list the worst:
1. The shower is disgusting. The inlet water pipe joints to the shower unit are in such a state as to be biologically unhealthy.
2. When in use, the shower is so loud that at times we were expecting an explosion. The unit actually trembled and vibrated on the wall during use.
3. The shower tray fills to overflowing by the time you have finished at the pipes are blocked.
4. Where are you supposed to position the shower rose…the shower rail has the wrong attachment and you cannot fit the rose into it.
5. The basin tap can come away in your hand when it is turned on or off and the sink is not secured to the wall firmly as it moves when in use.
6. The shower is generally very dirty and the lock on the door doesn’t work
7. The towels were not changed on our second day and we had to make do with wet towels on our return in the evening. The waste bin was left un-emptied and was overflowing by the time we left.
8. The television does not work properly and the handset works when it wants to due to the missing rear cover.
9. You have already highlighted the breakfast problem and you are correct in your assumption that it is not up to standard, quite what that standard would be is left to the imagination. I was told bluntly by your staff that there was no bacon when I requested it. Imagine my surprise when on the appearance of 6 other guests, bacon mysteriously appeared when they requested it….power in numbers seemed to be the trigger there. At that point I had become angry and left. We ate at a local café as I couldn’t put myself or my partner through that charade again.
10. The photographs given on Trip Advisor are thoroughly misleading. The assumption given when viewing the pictures are that all rooms are of the same decorative state. I will advise people that they most certainly are not.
11. The shower curtain in the bathroom on the second floor is quite frankly disgusting and needs to be changed before anybody else uses it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Budget accommodation in a centrally located B&B - period building with 15 rooms (basic and en-suite). All with TV/radio etc. Breakfast included. Free WiFi. Free access to desktop PC. Car parking @ rear (small charge in high season). ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Fatima House Bed And Breakfast
- Fatima House Hotel Dublin