“Amazing food - Average everything else!”
Review of Hairy Lemon

Hairy Lemon
Ranked #15 of 287 Nightlife in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: Best pint of Guinness in Dublin . Service with a smile !
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

A group of 8 of us ate at the Hairy Lemon on Saturday.
On walking in we all wondered what we were in for..... The food however was lovely and I would have no hesitation in returning for that!
We were sat in a bad location tho, by the toilets and the door to the smoking area so that wasn't ideal. The service was slow, however it was very busy so we excused that and won't hold that against them.
What we do hold against them tho is the service charge included on the bill...... When we had the worst seats in the place, experienced slow service and had one member of our party's bag and coat soaked because of a dripping leak from the ceiling above - Without sufficient apology - Not ideal and could easily have been resolved on the day with a token and apology from the manager.

2  Thank Warwickpeanut
There are newer reviews for Hairy Lemon

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Nice pub, good food, great service. Even when the place filled up, we didn't have a long wait.
The cottage pie was ok, the burgers were good, and the bangers and mash got rave reviews from those of us who tried them. The desserts are to die for, try the bread and butter pudding... you'll be coming back for more of that!

1  Thank ksg63
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

The waiter hovered over me as i put my PIN number into the visa machine (witnessed by the whole group) he then walked off out of my sight behind the bar with my Visa card and the machine. As he returned 2 mins later with my card which had been removed from the machine, I assumed that it has been skimmed fraudulently so cancelled the card immediately and reported the 'incident' to Pearse St police
The food, atmosphere, and venue were fabulous :)

1  Thank bertiebassett66
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Came here for a couple of drinks with a friend and stayed all night. Friendly service, brilliantly decked out bar and awesome music. Spent the latter half of the evening air drumming to Springsteen. Joy!

1  Thank SJonazzle
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This place is kind of hidden around St. Stephen's Green area/ Grafton what not. My out of town family were recommended to go here for some cornish beef (which they didn't have). The waiter was nice enough but he kept going on and on about how they were the top 10% of tripadvisor and have won multiple awards and so many customers love them. He talked for literally 20 minutes about how awesome they are.

The food didn't live up to his extra long spiel. It wasn't bad at all - it just wasn't amazing. My group had bacon and cabbage and an irish steak, wedges and soup. It was decent food - absolutely, but I could've had better (and cheaper) at The Old Storehouse or The Brazen Head or something.

If you're in the area - tired and hungry - for sure give this place a try, if not, spend the extra 15 minutes walking for other places.

1  Thank megan t