“Excellent hotel staff & balcony views”

Hilton Dublin Kilmainham
Ranked #21 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The Hilton Dublin Kilmainham is not only in an excellent location in the city (near Heuston Station and major bus routes), but has excellent customer service. "Paige", a trainee at the the front desk, may have been new at the hotel but made her best effort during check-in, check-out, and for all questions in between. The hotel front desk position is never an easy one ~ but a Paige's cheerful attitude and willingness to find the answer to any and all questions made our stay all the merrier. If you want an Irish stay with professionalism AND a smile - this Hilton is for you. The balcony view is worth the extra price - !

Room Tip: The rooms with a balcony are worth the price - you will have excellent views from you room!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mary12T
Deirdre M, Director of Sales at Hilton Dublin Kilmainham, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with us. I will be sure to pass on you kind words to Paige and the rest of our team.We do hope to get the chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Deirdre Moriarty

Write a ReviewReviews (2,221)

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Have just returned from a 2 night B&B & 1 Dinner stay at this hotel. The location was great, very central really whether you wanted to travel by foot or car/bus/luas etc. From the moment, my husband & i entered the hotel, i got a good feel for the place and how right that was. Every member of staff we encountered with were so friendly & helpful, food & drink and service for same was excellent. The hotel was spotlessly clean, and airy and spacious. Had a lovely weekend, cant recommend it any higher. Keep up the standards!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaryFinn_12

Hello Mary,

Thank you for taking the time to share you positive feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and found our team so helpful. I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments to our team. I hope we get the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights in the hilton kilmainham and enjoyed it! Some people say its to far from the city center but there are serveral opportunities du get there in not more than 15 minutes. A cab ride is just 10-14 euro. The hotel is in a modern shape and the room was comfortable and had enough space. The breakfast in the morning was quite good for the irish standard.
The hotelbar in the groundfloor serves great food and was not even expensive the staff is very kind and helpfull.
The reception team was good aswell and especially i have to name rudolff and eric from the nightshift who gave us some great recommendations. These two guys are great for hospitality business! the health club is quite ok but the steambath was not looking good any more and the pool was nothing special. If you need a supermarket oder a good pub you will find them close to the hotel in walking distance.
I can recommend that hotel to any traveller going to dublin!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank TheWorldTravelerGER
Deirdre M, Director of Sales at Hilton Dublin Kilmainham, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Hello and thank you for sharing your thoughts and positive feedback on our team, I will pass your kind words onto my colleague Eric and Rudolf.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed at this Hilton just after traveling all day by taxi, train, ferry boat, and taxi. The hotel is located on the western side of Dublin - just across from the Gaol - which unfortunately we did not have time to tour. Hotel is clean and rooms larger than expected. Check in was quick and efficient and staff very friendly, even directing us to a very nice pub for dinner.
Breakfast in the morning was buffet style. Eveything was fresh and kept nice and hot with coffee service efficient.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank GAretiree

Hello,
Thanks for sharing feedback on your recent short visit to Dublin. I hope we get the chance to welcome you back in the near future, when a tour of Kilmainham Gaol Museum is a must!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I've stayed in this hotel twice before. Its always been very reasonably priced for a hotel of its quality. My room had a big comfy bed, was well appointed, a bath and a separate shower, flatscreen tv and laptop safe. Add to this good food in the restaurant and the spa pool/gym it really is a nice hotel. The hotel also has free wifi throughout, good if you need to keep your emails in check!

The compromise you make is the hotels location, Kilmainham is a good 40 minute walk from O'Connell Street and the main city centre. There is a good bus service (20 mins into town) and the tram (5 mins walk from the hotel). So, if you're happy to make the compromise, you'll enjoy the hotel, if you are looking for city centre, this isn't it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Scott C
Deirdre M, Director of Sales at Hilton Dublin Kilmainham, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Hello and thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you have chosen us a number of times already, thank you and I hope that we can welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Spend a night here, and it it was ok, but it wasn't up there for a Hilton, or for the price.

My room was at the front, meaning it's at a road junction and must be close to an emergency services station, because I was woken a couple of times by sirens going by.

My room must have been close to the ventilation for the spa/pool as outside my room, as there was a very strong smell of chlorine outside my room (I could NOT smell it inside). Didn't bother me, but I could see it could bother some.

I could also hear a baby screaming in a room close by, so didn't get a good nights sleep.

The room was pretty good, spacious, desk and the bed was fine. Bathroom was fine, and it as all clean.

In room internet was terrible, I'd wanted to spend the evening working, and I needed the internet connection, but continually dropped out, got slow, needed to reboot and so on.

I don't think this is a hotel geared towards business travellers as it doesn't have the executive lounge, so be aware of this if it's important to you.

Breakfast was pretty good, there was a reasonable selection hot and cold, and it didn't run out.

I ate in the bar in the evening, and that was well priced, and good. It was a good choice to eat there.

Staff were all friendly and helpful, from the check in, bar, breakfast and checkout.

Room Tip: room at the back, so away from the road junction. Remember it's on the corner, so there are two...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Kilmainham for 3 nights last week. We picked it primarily because of the great price, which also included breakfast, and the new/modern look of the hotel (especially compared to others in Dublin). While the location is a little further out of the main areas of Dublin, once we figured out how to get around the city, it wasn't difficult at all or time consuming to get to the hotel. We are also runners, and really enjoyed running in the nearby War Memorial Park (there's a very nice running path near the river). The room was very nice. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean and large, and the bathroom was nice. Breakfast was also very good. The pool in the attached health club was amazing! I've never seen such a nice indoor pool at a hotel! The staff was also very nice and extremely helpful in answering my many questions about the area. The only less than stellar comment I have is regarding the restaurant for dinner. We did eat a late dinner in the grill/bar area one night, and I didn't feel the food was very good. Overall, though, a great stay. I would definitely stay here again if I return to Dublin!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple