“You wish you'd never been there.”

Kildare Street Hotel
Ranked #54 of 150 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The room was too small, the window wouldn't open, the bathroom didn't have a ventilator, there was rust on metals and moss on walls. I could smell the rotting from the carpet and the wallpaper. It would take minutes for warm water to come out. The stairs were so small that you'd have to stand at the end and let the others come down first. The breakfast rather expensive. The service was acceptable for a cheap hotel like that, and there is free WiFi, and the location was indeed good.

Room Tip: I would really not suggest this hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LordPein
Alex_Hurduc, Manager at Kildare Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear LordPein,

Thank you for your comments and my apologies for your stay with us not being 100%.
I have since addressed the issues mentioned by you. The room you stayed in was refurbished since your stay together with other 5 rooms in the hotel and all the windows in the hotel have been serviced at the end of September.
I am glad to hear you found the location suitable for your visit and I hope you will choose to stay in our hotel in in the future and help us improve the experience through your very honest and constructive comments.

Thank you again and if i can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Alex Hurduc

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Staff were friendly enough, but the place is looking a bit shabby and could do with a big facelift. Talking of lifts, there are none, so if you're staying on the top floor you'll be tackling lots of stairs. it did feel a bit more like a hostel than a hotel. next time, I'll be spending an extra £10-20 and staying somewhere more modern.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2013

stayed here the august bank holiday, the staff in this hotel are soo friendly and helpfull (bigger hotels could learn from them) i was up for a very early half marathon as were many other guests so the hotel very kindly put breakfast on early for us :)
The view from the room wasnt great there was a flat roof with o pool of rusty lookin water, which to be fair they cleared.. Im only sorry i wasnt dressed while the pool guy was doing his job outside my bedroom window. the room we stayed in had been newly refubished and was fine. The hotel is in a lovely quiet spot close to shops and bars, i would stay again

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I booked one of the rooms with a shared bathroom, as prices were high for the week of august. We were fine sharing the bathroom - it was large and clean, but the water pressure was very weak.

The room was clean and comfortable. The beds were some of the most comfortable I have slept in in a hotel.

Quite alot of stairs to climb to the third floor - but it helped burn off the calories from all the beer I drank in Dublin :-).

There was noise from the street - I slept with ear plugs, and slept fine. (My 16 year old daughter didn't hear a thing :-).

The location was absolutely wonderful. walking distance to everything, yet I felt completely safe walking to and from the hotel at night, and even 2 am.

The breakfasts were fine, but they kept running out of croissants, which in my opinion were the best part of breakfast, since I am not into the whole "Irish Breakfast" of baked beans and ham and eggs. You had to get there by 8 am to get them.

I would stay in this hotel again, since I really liked the location, and there were tons of fine and simple restaurants one block away.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear IsraelDelite,

Thank you once again for booking with The Kildare Street Hotel and thank you also for your kind words.
We are delighted that you had a good experience here and we very much look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards,

Alex Hurduc

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel staff was very friendly, but here are some disappointing bits. There is no lift at this hotel which meant me climbing 3 flights of stairs each time going to the room. If booking with this hotel I would recommend the first floor rooms. Bed mattress was very hard to sleep on and did not have a great sleep also the rooms need more plug sockets and the ensuite bathroom smelt of dampness.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Redfox2013
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Although it is perfectly situated, this hotel is horrific during the summer heat. No air conditioning is one thing, however our "view" was of the adjacent office air con units that pumped hot air into our room.
The hotel is dated and requires serious renovation works, however it is a 2 star and we only stayed one night so it sufficed.
Service was friendly and there was discount in the bar below.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank DanielRT82
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in a family room for 4. The staff was exceptional! They were very accommodating and went out of their way to ensure our stay was comfortable and enjoyable. Overall, a great little hotel in an excellent location with a truly delightful staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family