“Best location in Dublin!”

Kildare Street Hotel
Ranked #52 of 149 Dublin B&B and Inns
Pasadena, California
“Best location in Dublin!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights with a party of 9 people and had a great experience at the hotel. The staff, in particular Bernie, is welcoming and knowledgeable of the area with great recommendations. They have the best room set-up for families--one room had 3 doubles and one with 3 singles. The hotel is located across the street from Trinity College and near all of the Dublin sites. The showers were not great, but that's a small price to pay for all the other benefits the hotel has.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the back, as the street-side can be noisy when the bars are letting out.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Longford
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I had to stay in Dublin on business and choose this hotel as it was one of only a handful that was available. Staff are excellent, welcoming, friendly and helpful. I requested a quiet room away from bar/restaurant and night club and I was given room 211. The room was away from all of these but unfortunately there were some very noisy industrial units located right outside the window. As I am a light sleeper, I couldn't open the window due to noise level which was extremely unfortunate as the room itself was like a sauna. The toilet wasn't flushed properly and I found this quite offputting. There were some nice touches like the jar of biscuits, plentiful supply of tea/coffee/sugar/milk. Toiletries were also plentiful. Bath towel a tad on the small side. No remote for the telly but I figured out a way to get it working. You have to request a hair dryer and iron/ironing board from reception. There was a little fan located in the room which wasn't really much use. Be careful if you place anything on bedside lockers - there is a slant on the floor. I made a mug of tea and placed it on bedside locker. By sheer good luck I just caught the mug before it fell off the locker. It could have scaled me or made for an uncomfortable nights sleep in a wet bed!! Later when going to bed, I left a bottle of water on the locker and woke with a start when the bottle hit the floor. BE CAREFUL. Hotel itself is a little tired and needs a lick of paint here and there. They could also put top sheets on the beds as they have duvets but no top sheet. A little disconcerting. It is a pity because this could be a great hotel with just a few tweaks here and there. There is also a tendency for youngsters to gather on the corner outside the hotel. I don't know if this was overspill from the hotel bar (smokers perhaps). I went for a walk and had to step onto the road as they didn't step aside to allow me to pass on the footpath. They weren't aggressive or threatening but it does create a bad impression and perhaps some people might be intimidated by such a gathering of young people. I found the wifi to be fine, I experienced no problems. Will I return - hard to say.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the 3rd floor. Make sure and ask for a room away from bar/restaurant/night cl...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GingernutLongford
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed two nights here and overall it was fine. The biggest problem for me was the noise level from both the late night music from Club Nassau and the noise of the traffic lights in the streets. The service was fine and the staff was friendly and accommodating. We were there during a women's marathon and there were lots of street closures, but the young lady in the on premises pub spent a lot of time helping us avoid the hassles. Very grateful to her. Otherwise, for those who can't lug their luggage up the stairs, there is no lift. The hotel is a bit dated, but it is cheaper than others in the area. The area itself is right in the center of the action, near Trinity college, Grafton Street, Stephen's Green, and more.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

The worst hotel I have ever stayed at in my life!!! I never usually bother giving reviews as am always satisfied with hotels and I never stay in fancy hotels as am always on a budget but people do need warned about this place!!! I don't know how it is still in business! 1. Shared bathroom, very unhygienic and apparently is only for 2 rooms each but there seemed to be a lot of people using ours!!! 2. The room was a sweat box!!! Hard to bear and impossible to sleep in, and the window was dingy and useless, we used our bin to hold it open. A tiny piece of wood was provided to hold it open ... Very practical! 3. Lights were flickering ... Electric seemed to be faulty as I got quite a bad electric shock of a plug when trying to charge my phone!!! Which I regret not complaining about as I couldn't wait to get out of the place 2bh! 4. Sink provided in room right beside plugs ... Not very safe! 5. Chain on door broken ... Not very safe! And last but not least no lift! And we were staying on the 3rd floor, not ideal for heels! Basically I will never stay here again, only positives were the staff, beds, location and biscuits provided! Avoid avoid avoid!!! Not good value for money as I have seen better hostels!!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shauna M

Travelers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Whilst the location & staff were excellent, I wouldn't recommend this hotel & won't be staying again.
As previously described this hotel is well past it's sell by date. If the The sports bar TV doesn't keep you awake then the near by night club will till 3am! Its true, you get what you pay for so Pay the extra money & stay elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank GathersJ
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed here for three nights. The staff was friendly and the room was big and clean. We shared a bathroom, which was not a problem. We only had to share it with another room. The location is very good: close to Trinity College and other tourist sights and not far from Grafton Street, Temple Bar and the Liffey. There is a club next to the hotel, which made it slightly noisy, but that didn't bother us. If you want a quiet room, you'd better ask for a room that doesn't face the street. Alll in all, good value for money!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This hotel was very reasonable priced, but now I know why. The room, bathroom, and hallways were all very dingy and without an elevator, it was quite the job carrying a large amount of overweight luggage up the stairs. The location is ok, but for the quality of room I recommend staying elsewhere.

The redeeming qualities: The woman at the front desk was very helpful, gave good directions to nearby restaurants, and gladly stored our HUGE amount of luggage after we checked-out. The bar attached to the hotel was quiet and a fine place for a night cap.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple