Kingfisher Townhouse
$204
$195
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$144
$405
$317
  • Restaurant
All reviewso'connell streetno elevatorann marieflights of stairsparnell sttemple barcomplimentary toiletriestop floortriple roomfull irish breakfastgreat positionnoisy at nightwould stay againplenty of hot waterminute walkgreat place to staysingle bed
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed here for Saint Patty's Day. We had 2 rooms; 1 triple and 1 double room. Great to stay for a few days in Dublin. Location was amazing! close to a lot of locations, temple bar, O'Connell street, shopping, etc. Next door is a Tesco, grocery store, and less than a minute walk to the shopping stores and bars, restaurants. I booked this hotel less than 2 months from saint patty's day and it was the best price out there compared to other locations which were extremely expensive!! Very affordable and free breakfast, which was delicious! The staff was very nice. Rooms were clean, beds pretty comfy. However, the showers were extremely cold from 8am-12pm and though the housekeepers changed our towels, cleaned our rooms, they did not empty our overflowing trashcan in the BR. You can also borrow a blowdryer and iron from the front desk and they provide small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, soap, and lotion. I enjoyed my time here and I would recommend this to anyone if they're staying in dublin.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 10, 2012

As a first-time visitor to Dublin, I thought this was great value for the money. The other reviews pretty well say it all. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the price includes breakfast at the adjoining restaurant. I was traveling with my two children (ages 12 & 15), so had booked a family room (Room #3, with 2 twin beds and 1 double). As with a recent review, my concern was location (to easily see the city) and price (we were on a 3 week tour of the UK and Ireland)...we just needed a place for a comfortable sleep and shower. The Kingfisher met all of our needs. Ireland can be very pricey, but our two night stay cost Cdn $235.00. The front desk and the restaurant staff are friendly and helpful. The location is fabulous. As others have noted, the Kingfisher is located around the corner from O'Connell St. and lots of shopping, and it's just a 20-30 minute walk to the historic Temple Bar area. It is also just around the corner from the Dublin (Green) Bus Tour (hop on, hop off), which was a great way to get a quick glimpse of Dublin in one day. Right next door is a Tesco grocery store, which was convenient for picking up some gluten-free bread. If I get to Dublin again, I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank GG296
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Very enjoyable stay for this first-time traveler to Dublin. I was initially attracted by the location and by the price but have to say that the choice could not have been better. It was an easy trip to nearby O'Connell Street via bus from Dublin Airport and the walk from the stop to the hotel was only three short blocks. The hotel itself is on Parnell in the middle of a business district with anything you might need to buy within a ten minute walk (and often much closer). A Tesco supermarket is a few doors down and a Pharmacy is one block away. Public transportation to other parts of Dublin are all within an easy walk.

The hotel itself is in a very nice old townhouse converted to long stay apartments and hotel rooms. Be warned, though, that there is no elevator. If climbing stairs is an issue for you then perhaps this is not the place for you. The staff throughout our stay were very friendly and very helpful in every possible way. Our room was done up every day quite promptly. The bed was comfortable and there was a sitting area. The bathroom is small but not a hardship. The shower took some getting used to and it wasn't as strong a stream as I like but certainly not a deal breaker.

Our plan included breakfast in the downstairs Kingfisher restaurant (owned by the same people) and gave you the option for a full Irish breakfast with coffee or tea. A very good value. The price I paid for the room (69€/night) was very good. Since I was going to be sightseeing all day, I was more concerned with location and price than any other amenities and it fit my needs quite nicely. WiFi is available in the hotel, the restaurant and the coffee shop next door free of charge (but requires a password that will be provided).

Very happy with my stay in this establishment and would certainly return without hesitation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back as it's quiet at night.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RSFinch3
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I don't think I could give it 5 stars as it's not a top class all-amenities place, of course, but I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Dublin. My boyfriend and I got the tip from a friend who had lived in the city and ate breakfast there in the adjoining restaurant. Anyway, we arrived quite early, around 9 am but as it was the offseason our room hadn't been used and was already ready (in fact it was the same room in the main photo here on TA). Great! Our room was fine, no issues. As there wasn't a hairdrier, had to ask the front desk and he gave me one no problem. The people working the turns are the desk were all courteous and the location can't be beat! We never used public transport....it's a nice walk up O'Connell street....it took maybe 10 minutes on foot. Lots of shops along the way, nice area. We had a voucher for breakfast included in our booking and it was amazing. A great start to the day! Either half or full Irish, or cereal, toast, juice, anything really. No problems, convenient location, good prices. If I were to go to Dublin again I'd definitely return here.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DennyRose78
Reviewed October 7, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com