“Great value and location”

Your Home from Home - Southdock
Ranked #26 of 118 Specialty Lodging in Dublin
Lisbon
“Great value and location”
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I stayed at Southdock for five nights in September during a working visit to Dublin. The apartment was large, clean and well-furnished. Unfortunately it was at first floor level and faced the adjoining bus station, which had a noisy ventilation system all day and night. Had I been staying indoors for more hours per day, and for more than four days, I probably would have requested a change of unit. Some equipment (freestanding up-lighter) didn't work, and the kettle looked like the bottom of a toilet bowl and smelled of rotten water (I boiled water on the stove instead). There was also a normally-recessed down-lighter fitting hanging from the ceiling. All kitchen fitted appliances were clean and worked perfectly.
Arrival (at around 12:45 in the morning) was straightforward, having telephoned from the airport as requested by staff beforehand. Location is good, with a 30 minute walk into central Dublin, and shops and the DART nearby.

Room Tip: Avoid facing the bus station at lower level
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I will def be back here. Mr Sloan, took us to our room which was spacious, modern and clean. I was on a weekend break with my two friends, going to see a concert in the O2. The O2 was in walking distnace of the appartment and the centre of town was only a short taxi ride at night. I would not consider staying anywhere else in Dublin now!! Was very impressed!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank AngelineSloan
Newry
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Fantastic accom. Great location for the Aviva stadium. Spotlessly clean, spacious and very friendly staff. There were 7 of us that stayed here for a concert. We booked a 3 bedroom apartment. The rooms were nice, clean, bright and well equipt. I would say "home from home". We were quite surprised by the apartment as it was way better than we expected for the price we paid. But we were very pleased. The staff are so friendly and helpful, nothing was too much hassle. Next time we head to Dublin I will definately be staying here. Thank you Donal.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed March 30, 2011

I was apprehensive about staying in this apartment but it when I entered into the apartment all vanished. The rooms are designed very well especially the drawing room. Nice Big room with cozy sofa over looking the Ringsend Dock. Every penny worth.
Service is at best. If any urgency they are always on call during odd hours. Good location very near my office. I would love to stay in this apartment again. Highly recomended if your office is in Ringsend area or D4.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank HappyToTravel06
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2010

My friends and I were pleasantly surprised to find a clean and modern apartment for a reasonable price. The kitchen, bedrooms and bathroom looked recently modernised. The livingroom furniture was a tad shabby however very clean and homely.
Whatsmore our trip date had been changed from April to October due to a bereavement and despite our booking being non transferable, they were more than happy to change our dates after I emailed them to explain. We arrived in Dublin late morning and were allowed to check in at 12 noon instead of the usual 2pm. The man that met us at reception was friendly and on showing us our apartment was very helpful with any touristy questions we had.
The apartments are a half hour walk in to town or a taxi cost approx 10euros.
I would definitely use these apartments again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank dinaskinz
darlington
Reviewed September 14, 2010

My two freinds and I booked a 2 bedroom apartment at 'Your Home From Home' from 10/09/10 for two nights. When we arrived at South Dock, Dublin we were met by a member of the team and showed around a 3 double bedroom apartment much to our delight, we had been upgraded free of charge. The accommodation was spotless and extremely comfortable, there was even a small amount of coffee, tea and milk sachets for our use. The journey by taxi to the centre of Dublin took about 10 mins max and cost approx 9 euros. The apartment far exceeded our expectations and we are already planning a return visit next year.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2010

Work commitments often prevent me from booking in advance, but we have never been let down over many years of Dublin stays. Hotels are ok for a day or two, but Your Home from Home really does provide accomodation that you can be comfortable in and have everything to hand. Having the use of your own apartment so close to the city makes total sense and is the only way to go for us.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple