Leeson Bridge Guesthouse
Westin.com
$242
$205
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$140
$380
$349
Westbury Hotel
$213
$192
Agoda.com
All reviewssauna and jacuzziguest housecity centreair coachgrand canalsingle roomgrafton streetst stephen's greensecure parkingbus stoptop floorminute walkshower curtainnight stayfull irishcooked breakfastlovely room
Reviewed April 9, 2009

Having stayed in this hotel for two nights, I would highly recommend it. It is only a ten minute walk to Grafton Street, the room was clean and spacious and the staff were extremely friendly. They offered to check us in at 10 am when we came to leave our luggage, when they had no obligation to do so until 2pm. The staff were also very helpful, providing us with a list of suggested activities/sights around Dublin and a city map with the hotel's location circled. The room (which was in the basement) had a large bathroom with a jaccuzzi bath, and was fully weelchair accessible. Although the rooms was in the basement it wasn't dingy, and had a window looking out to the corridor to let more light in. It had tea and coffee making facilities and internet access (a network cable can be borrowed free of charge from reception). The only fault I could find with the hotel is that the walls are very thin and so if neighbours are up late/early you may be disturbed by the noise, but overall it is a great place to stay and offers fantastic value for money.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2009

I chose this guest house as it was reasonably priced and stated that the Air Coach stopped at the door - it stops near the door for the return journey but I had quite a long walk from the bus to the hotel. I'd booked a single room but was given a 'double' - I'm glad I was on my own as the room was tiny, the wardrobe door hit the bed each time it was opened and the only place to sit was on the bed. The bathroom was equally as small and the shower curtain, surrounding the weakest shower ever, was unnecessary as the whole floor seemed to get wet.
I was out for the majority of the following day, returned to what I'd now described to my friends as 'my cupboard' to find that my bed had not been made, and the cup I'd used to make a cup of tea was unwashed - it was then that I discovered what their 'home from home' slogan meant!
I complained about this state of affairs and was offered a free breakfast the following morning the person on reception was on his own he said and was unable to come to offer any assisatance. I'd already arranged to meet friends in town for breakfast before my flight home so this turned out to be a hollow gesture. I'd already been asked to pay for my accommodation on arrival, so was unable to withhold any payment.
This unfortunate experience ruined a lovely weekend in Dublin. I can safely say I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank katie032
Reviewed February 20, 2009

when my mom and I originally booked this "hotel" we were under the impression it was a b&b. breakfast is included, which is your basic stale croissants and cold cerals. the rooms themselves were quite nice if not a little small. very clean and recently updated. only major complaint was how loud leeson st was! apparently its a very popular place for the university kids to go pubbing and there are literaly crowds of people roaming the street yelling and hollering at all hours of the night. so did not get much sleep. if your looking for peace and quiet, leeson bridge is not a great choice

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank laes
Reviewed February 6, 2009

After spending weeks looking at hotels in Dublin on the internet I deceided to book Lesson Bridge for my husbands 40th Birthday.

We got an upgrade through booking online directly with the hotel however I was slightly dissapointed with the studio we were given and am left to wonder what the standard rooms are like!

The room itself was a nice size, complete with tea and coffee making facilities, TV and even a seperate kitchen with fridge, microwave. oven, washing machine etc however it was in need of an update and the bathroom itself was tiny! and just about managed to fit a toilet, small sink and shower in. When I say shower though, be warned there is no seperate shower tray, its a wet room type style and we found that as the room was so small, you were unable to use the shower curtain as it just clung to you and there was still water on the floor a few hours later, which meant that you had to be careful not to slip!

Also due to our room being on the corner, the traffic noise was very loud, especially as there are traffic lights right outside.

Having said that there was a bus stop outside which took you straight to o'connoll street so the location was really good.

Be careful about the Air Coach though as whilst we asked to be dropped outside the hotel, we were actually dropped outside another hotel approx 5 mins walk away. On the way back we used the normal bus service which was cheaper and faster and we would recommend this service instead.

On a final note, the staff are friendly, the buffet style breakfast is nice and the location is good. Just dont go by the pictures on the website as I am not sure these pictures were actually taken at the hotel!

• Stayed: February 2009
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank mattvark
Reviewed February 5, 2009

I booked the Leeson Bridge as after days of trawling through websites this one looked very nice. I must admit, the website pictures kind of oversell this guesthouse but it was nice enough. It was alot smaller than I thought.

The location is a 10 minute walk from St Stephens Green. It is situated on a busy road but this was not a problem.

Rooms: We were given a free upgrade to a Exclusive Room as we booked direct. This was a standard size room. The tv is on the wall and there are tea/coffe making facilities. I was advised that we would have a jacuzzi and sauna. The sauna was lovely but felt too hot in the room as not too big. The jacuzzi was great it was a jet bubble bath. The sides of the bath were a bit worn which took the sparkle away from the bathroom.

The reception staff were extremely helpful and very friendly. The breakfast included was served in the basement area of the guest house, it consisted of eggs(cold),cold meat, rolls, cereals, toast, juices and fruit which was ample and delicious.

Also the Air coach to and from Dublin airport actually stops just at the front of the hotel.14EURO RETURN

I think this is an ideal hotel if you are looking for a good base from which to explore Dublin, but as I travelled with a child I dont think it was the best place for us.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family