WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #8 of 164 Dublin B&B and Inns
ireland
“not for me”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I would like to start by saying that my standards are high and normally I wouldn't stay in a B&B but this was booked through a friend. My expectations were not high, but I still expected more than I got. The staff are great and that is really about the best thing that I was say about the place. The rooms, reception and common areas are very tired and scruffy. The rooms are not a bad size but very dated with odds and ends of what seems to be cheap furniture. The room that I stayed in was crammed into a small return with 2 other rooms and I could hear EVERYTHING that went on in the other rooms even just talking and moving around the room.The room seemed clean on the surface but far from spotless. The bathroom was a disaster - ugh - the frame of the door bathroom door was rotting and filthy. The towels were white/grey, threadbare and tiny. But the worst thing of all was that there was no actual shower , just a shower head over the corner beside the loo. I didn't actually use the shower for all the above reasons and also because there was no hot water for the entire time I was there.
The broadband was almost non existent. I did try to phone reception desk but there was never any reply. The tv had about 4 channels. Besides the bathroom the place is not disgusting but it is far from good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank fhan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We chose Leeson Bridge Guesthouse because of its reasonable prices and convenient location (just outside the city center, but with excellent bus service). We arrived after Reception had closed, but we'd emailed ahead of time and been given the security code for the front door; when we opened it, our room key was waiting with a note that we could check in the next morning.

We booked a classic double room with an ensuite bathroom, which was fairly small, but well laid out and comfortable. It had a small balcony, but unfortunately no view; it looked out over the hotel's parking area. The free Irish breakfast was filling and reasonably good; the hot foods were served from chafing dishes but replenished frequently and there was a good array of cereals, fruit and yoghurt; only the pastries and scones were disappointing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed here with a friend. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Service was very good. We stayed in the front room on the main floor. It did not have good air circulation and became very stuffy very quickly. Couldn't turn down the heat, either. We requested a fan and received it promptly. Breakfast was good. Price was reasonable. It was a bit of a walk to central Dublin, but was good for us!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank mary19
cavan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here on New Years Eve. The Airbus from the airport (8 euro) stopped just outside. The room was very clean, plenty of towels and complimentary toiletries. My room was at the front with lovely views of the canal and the city and the secondary glasing made it very quiet. The main reason that this guesthouse stood out was the friendliness of the Irish staff. They couldn't do enough. It made the whole experience a really enjoyable one. Next time I'm in Dublin It'll definitely be The Leeson Bridge Guesthouse.

1 Thank frank c
Kyiv

Dear All,

For a week I've been living in Leeson Bridge Guesthouse and I must say that it's a perfect place for tired traveller to have some rest there. The appartment I've been living in was very cosy with comfortable bed and fully equipped kitchen. All the staff members are very polite and always ready to help. Many thanks to all of them.
I had a wonderful time in Ireland and I do hope to visit the country once more. If it happens I'll stay in Leeson Bridge Guesthouse again.

1 Thank Ira A
Veenendaal, Utrecht, Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

little charming hotel with clean and well equipped rooms
staff is very helpful
nice loaction
excellent value for money
It is very nice that I was staying in this hotel
I'll be sure to come back by the next visiting of Dublin

paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

hello, this was our second stay and we will return. It is perfect for our needs. Home away from home. If anything needs fixing the staff is very helpful. Very clean. Great location. Walking distance to a lot of places.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple