“Great choice for a city break.”

and 1 more site!
Leesonbridge Guesthouse
Ranked #7 of 162 Dublin B&B and Inns
Berlin, Germany
“Great choice for a city break.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Leeson Guesthouse. The staff was very helpful at any time. ( they even brought my luggage to the second floor ! )The room was very clean and comfartable, kitchen fully equipped with everything I needed. For people who can't climb stairs... there is an elevator as well. There is a bus stop right outside the hotel with regular service, but you can walk to the city center - it isn't long ( 10 minutes )

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
yorks
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed for just one night on the 29th Sept 2012 as i was on business the following day. I found the staff very friendly and obliging.
They allowed me to leave my case for a couple of hours prior to my room being ready. This gave me the opportunity to have lunch with a friend - case free.
i found the Guest House clean and warm and was allocated a double room for the price of a single room. There was also plenty of towels and lots of hot water in my room and of course the shower worked!
The following morning, i had a very enjoyable and sumptious breakfast. There is a full range of choice from a more healthy breakfast to the traditional Irish; which i fully enjoyed. The staff were friendly and any request was no problem. I only stayed one night but i would definitely stay there again if i was attending a business venue south of the river.

Room Tip: i did request a room that was away from any noisy traffic but the room was double glazed and i did n...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

After being highly recommended to the Leeson Bridge guesthouse my boyfriend and I were taking a one night getaway from where we live, Galway.

We got a bit lost and when I rang the reception was extremely helpful and friendly. Our room was ready and we were able to relax a few minutes before exploring the city.

Pros: breakfast included in price,nice view from private balcony, I requested a back room to avoid noise and got it, comfy bed, helpful front desk, beautiful neighbourhood

Cons: shower/toilet all one room so entire bathroom gets soaked when you shower, didn't get a tub :( , thought location was a bit closer to Stephens green but is 5-7 min more of a walk(not fun in rain)

I would def stay there again and would recommend it as well to a friend.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Robin J
Brick, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

The Leeson Bridge Guesthouse was a charming and elegant little place, and our room was incredibly comfortable and very well appointed. Breakfast was also good, and the staff were really helpful in helping us to get around town and suggesting great things to do. It was an excellent value for the money, and I would stay here again hands down next time I come to Dublin.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank knf106
Dorchester, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Staff here were very nice and helpful. Beds were hard, room fairly basic. Jacuzzi didn't seem to work and twice there wasn't enough hot water to bathe. Not having staff available 24 hours was inconvenient for us. We had to wait a very long time to check in since our flight was a red eye, and we had trouble leaving as parking lot was locked when we needed to leave. It is definitely a bargain, and near everything with bus to airport and to sites right outside the door and free parking, unless you need more comfort than we do.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bonn, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was my third time at Leeson Bridge, but certainly not the last. It is best value for money: the rooms are nice, the breakfast is very good and gives you a good choice of not only traditional Irish and continental, but also cereals, fresh fruit, cake and yoghrt, the location is a very convenient walking distance into town and all staff were very friendly and extremely helpful with any sort of query or need. I would not waste time looking for a different place to stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Karin1309
The Garden Path
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I recently stayed at the Leeson Bridge Guesthouse in one of their Classic Studio Apartments. Although I was travelling by myself, the room was very large with a separate kitchen and wetroom (rather than a bathroom). Kitchen had all the mod con's: microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, a rather strange looking oven type thing (which was placed on top on the stove...). Bathroom was very small, I think you would call it more of a wet room. For it had no proper shower recess. Just a shower curtin across one end of this very tiny " cupboard" like bathroom. This was room 114... It had a balcony which was a nice touch.....with a plant that someone actually took the time to water....(and no it wasn't plastic.....)

During my stay I had an adequate night's sleep on the first night as I was so tired (from the flight), but the rest of the time I did not get a very good nights sleep at all. Room 114 directly overlooks the carpark and six other " add on" type rooms at this hotel and at night, the lights from the carpark directly shine into my window. Would not stay in this room again. Plus something or someone looks like they got hungry, perhaps from being kept awake all night from the glaring lights from the car-park and started chewing at the bottom of the door. (see photo....) Plus I found black hairs in the bed upon closer inspection....they were also found on the mattress protector underneath the sheets..... (and NO my hair is not black........)....perhaps from the previous occupant.....

Can't comment on the breakfast as did not try this option. Upon checking in was not asked for any sort of identification or did not have to sign anything (which I found quite strange) and upon checking out I had to ask for an itemised receipt (which is worrying). Plus a man (the owner perhaps....) always stood by the reception talking to the receptionist like he had nothing to do all day.......and NO I WOULD NOT STAY HERE AGAIN.....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo