“Great Location, Decent Price for Dublin”
Review of Abbey Court

Abbey Court
Ranked #7 of 115 Specialty Lodging in Dublin
Ohio
“Great Location, Decent Price for Dublin”
Reviewed October 29, 2008

We wanted to get away for a long weekend, and we chose Dublin. Abbey Court has the perfect location. We took the bus from the airport to Abbey Court, it was maybe 6 Euro or so. The rooms aren't 5 star hotel rooms, but that wasn't what we expected.

We were out walking around all day and knew we didn't want to spend too much money on a hotel that we were only going to sleep in. The room was pretty small, but definitely bearable. The bathroom was small as well, but it was clean. The location trumps the size of the bedroom and bathroom.

When I was in Florence last year, I learned to bring earplugs wherever I go. I needed them in Florence, NYC and Dublin. Since this is a hostel, there were some people being loud and running up and down the hall. I grabbed my earplugs and slept like a baby. I don't have a problem with people being loud and the rooms being small. Basically, I'm there to see Dublin, not hang out in a hotel room. We were literally only there to sleep. It was not worth it to us to pay a lot more and have a normal hotel room, probably in a much more inconvenient location!

We booked our 2nd vacation to Dublin at Abbey Court. This time we will be there for St. Patty's Day 2009. We are so excited because Abbey Court is a hop, skip, and a jump away from all of the action!

• Liked — Location!
  • Disliked — The soap dispenser in the bathroom is directly above the sink...where do you spit your toothpaste? :)
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nrosebr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Cheshire
Reviewed June 30, 2008

I booked this hostel because it was fairly cheap and claimed to be pretty central in Dublin. Well, I am glad to say that it was and we managed to walk everywhere from here.

We stayed in a double room with en-suite, which was cleaned every day with fresh towels too!

I really like how the non-dorms are away from the dorms, keeping it fairly quiet. I got woke up once at 4.30am by some people trying to get into their room next door, but thats all.

The keycard system is secure, but maybe a bit overly so. Sometimes it took us a long time to get it to work so we could open our door!

Breakfast is pleasant, though I think they need to invest in a better toaster! (didnt toast very well).

Overall, a very good stay and would go back!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — hard bed
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
München
Reviewed May 18, 2008

My friend told me about this hostel. Till now, the best hostel I stayed in Ireland. I booked a 4 bed dorm, which was cleaned daily - they even did my bed :-) It is possible to get a lock at reception (for a deposit) and store your stuff underneath the bed in a cage. The staff at reception was very helpful and nice. When i was leaving i could leave my bags in a luggage room until my flight. On my next visit to Dublin, will stay again here.

• Liked — location and cleanness
  • Disliked — the internet was expensive
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
UK
Reviewed May 18, 2008

The Abbey Court is in a fantastic location right across the O'Connell Bridge from Temple Bar and central Dublin. Easy to get to on any city bus. The room was CLEAN -- especially the bathroom -- but we did have some complaints....1) even though we had a room inside (not facing the river and thereby avoiding street noise) EVERY morning, the pipes would start to squeal like fire alarms at 8 a.m. they would creak, squeal, and sound off for at least an hour as folks got up to shower, also all noice from other rooms echoed into our room. 2) the mattress was thin and spring-ridden -- very uncomfy overall 3) the breakfast was cereal, watered down juice of some kind, and toast. if you don't know to ask, you should also get a bagel with cream cheese and bacon OR a muffin, but you have to read the small sign so you will know to do so.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — mattress, noisy
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank hollyg20

Travelers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Brisbane
Reviewed January 15, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed in a double room here on two occasions (3 nights in total) during our visit to Ireland in October 2007. The hostel is located centrally (its best feature) and was easy to find, right by the river -it is just across the river from Temple Bar.

- Breakfast - cereal, toast, coffee, 'juice' and, for those staying in private rooms, a muffin or bacon bagel as well.

- Rooms - very small, hard to find room for luggage, tiny but clean bathrooms with frustrating shower heads.

- Noise - was very loud - it appears noise travels easily from the dorms. The staff did not take any steps to stop noise being made after a reasonable hour.

Stayed October 2007
ireland
Reviewed November 15, 2007

HORRIBLE and here are the reasons
1. staff unable to communicate directions to rooms
2. parking atrocious
3. fungus and mould in bathroom
4. turning on power blew the fuse and no power remained for the outlets.....did you really want to catch that flight
5. access to rooms worse than a maze
DONT DO IT!

Stayed November 2007
Adliswil, Switzerland
Reviewed April 27, 2007

I stayed at Abbey court in the ctr of Dublin for 2 nights with friends in April 07. Cheap and good value. We arrived at 10am and left our luggage in a locakable luggage room in the basement and did not return until midnight from our day round Dublin. We were given room card keys and stayed in room 2 which had 6 bunk beds (sleeping 12). A mixed dorm with a sink (toilet was out of order) showers and toilets were located on the first floor and were clean and gd by hostel standards. People were coming and going all night but for 10 quid B&B that was what I expected. Breakfast was served in a pizza place 2 doors down from the hostel. Cereal + toast + diluteing juice + coffee + jams - very good for the price. Overall brilliant location, great price, comfy bed. We chose to stay here and put out money towards a nice meal and a pint of guinness in the evening.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — toilet upstairs
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends