“Great Location And Value For Money”
Review of Abbey Court

Abbey Court
Ranked #8 of 126 Specialty Lodging in Dublin
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. I stayed in the large female dorm and it was clean and comfortable. Excellent location, great free breakfast and under bed cages to store things. Free wifi and computers as well. However the one thing I was unimpressed with was the state of the kitchen a good portion of the time. Multiple burners weren't working and many guests left the area in disarray.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,115)

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stood 4 nights in one of the apartments (we were 3, but it was up to 4 people). It was clean, quiet, cozy, with a double bedroom (very comfortable), a fully equipped kitchen, TV, sofa, bathroom, heating and 2 foldable beds. The staff at the reception was very friendly, kind and helpful. We had a problem with the light of the bathroom and they fixed it the day after. The only cons: there's no wifi in the apartments and the checkout is at 10.30 AM.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We only stayed here one night, but the facilities were good, the location was excellent and the staff were helpful (although one of the staff members was really not very attentive, which was a bit frustrating). However, on the whole it was fine.
For a one night trip, it was good and i would recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The place is very well facilitated, complete with a game room, computer room and even a hammock room! The rooms themselves are usually very clean and the staff working there are very helpful! The only complain I have is its Wi-Fi, which can be good or bad depending on where you are. Still, I highly recommend it to travellers and people looking for a cheap place to stay for a few nights.

Room Tip: Be sure to rent a lock so that you can keep your valuables safe in the lockers supplied.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 18, 2013

i chose this hostel because it was central, the lockers were free and I could leave my luggage on the check out day. I wasn't disappointed, except for the fact that the cages underneath the beds couldn't be safely locked as it was said they would, so they were almost useless. However, there are some small lockers in the common area that can be used. Room and bathroom small and old;., matresses, sheets and duvet too (clean?), not the best. But great location, very friendly and helpful staff, good value for money and, since the hostel is big, easy to find accomodation. I loved the fresh pineapple and oranges in the morning.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed in abbey court yesterday and I loved it, I was in a 24 mixed dorm it was very clean and spacious
you get cages under your bunk that you can lock which is great so that your belonging are safe. FREE WIFI was available, I was really happy about that and their was also a computer room you could use for free
Abbey court in right in the Centre of Dublin, a few minutes walk to go shopping, get food, or a pub
The hammock room is cool too although I advise not to get in one if your drunk haha
The staff were very friendly and helpful
A hostel pub crawl is also a must you can buy tickets from reception and it's a great night out in Dublin
Never tried the breakfast though because we woke up too late but didn't really mind
Met a lot of lovely people also

Overall abbey court would be my first choice of a place to stay if I were ever in Dublin again, it's very cheap to stay in so it's well worth the money for all you get

Great place to stay and great place to meet a lot of new people

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 7, 2013

My room was a 12 bed mixed dorm, which for my first stay wasn't that great a plan. The bathrooms had hot water and were functional. However the hostel had a bit of an institutional feel in the bigger dorms and the bathrooms.
Hammock room was cool, and downstairs had plenty of space in the lounge and dining areas.
The staff weren't terribly helpful and when I arrived late on my first night it took a while for me to convince staff to unlock the courtyard so I could get to the luggage room.
The room was also quite cold.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo