“Central location with easy access to airport and the city”
Review of Abbey Court

Abbey Court
Ranked #8 of 106 Specialty Lodging in Dublin
Tucson
“Central location with easy access to airport and the city”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Overall, worth the price. Not the cleanest but certainly not the most unkempt place I've stayed in either. Staff was nice and helpful. Stayed in the 12 bed female room. Had a bathroom ensuite which was worth it. Very centrally located to nearly all of the major tourist attractions. Also very close to the major pickup sites for the airport bus and nearly all tours. Wi-Fi does not work in the bedrooms so it was hard to plan things for the next day from the convenience of my room. All in all, for the price, it was definitely worthwhile.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Vaasa, Finland
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Our group of five booked two private 4-bed rooms with toilet + shower ensuite. The rooms were very small with only the beds and a minimal drawer, but clean, and breakfast included (toast and jam, coffee/tea, cereals, fruits). No luxury anywhere, but that is not to be expected from a hostel. We were the only middle aged persons among a lot of young people, and were astonished that there was no noise or trouble of any kind at any time during our stay. Very centrally located, all the main sights are within approx 1 km. Recommended if you don't want to pay high hotel prices only for sleeping.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 23, 2013

For my recent trip, I decided to look at hostels, instead of pay a lot for hotel, where I barely spend any time (other than sleeping). I booked a room at Abbey Court for three nights and had overall, a really pleasant experience.

But, I will preface that I booked a private room and was not in a dorm or shared space, so my experience here is only based on that.

My room was really spacious (even for two people) and the bathroom was great. Good shower, small sink, but overall, clean and comfortable. It did face the street so you could hear some street traffic in the mornings, but it wasn't completely disrupting. And because the private rooms are in a separate, but attached part of the hostel, noise from other guests wasn't loud at all, except when suitcases would be dragged across the floor in the mornings, but that's not awful.

Location is great, right across O'Connell Bridge, and before it gets a little shady. Easy access to Temple Bar and all other parts of Dublin, and very walkable and safe at night and early morning.

My only quibble was the staff. Some were very nice and helpful and some were really rude, but you'll find that anywhere.

I would definitely stay here again, but only in a private room as I did before.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Bayjb
Herts
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed at Abbey Court hostel for 10 nights in September with my sister.We had a private room with a double and a single bed,en-suite with a modern shower(room 33).The towels were changed everyday and the room serviced to a high standard.It was well worth paying a little extra for privacy and comfort.
Abbey Court is so central and great to return to after a long day out.The facilities were second-to -none:free internet,a healthy choice of fruit,cereals and toast & good quality jams for breakfast and a large,clean kitchen fully equipted for cooking your own food.
I would have liked some more hooks in the room to hang our clothes on but we managed with some coathangers on the shower rail.
The staff were very helpful and friendly(thanks Bobby!)and stored our luggage safely on our check-out day.
I would rate it 110% and would go back there next time I`m in Dublin.

Room Tip: Room 33 was at the back so quieter,but up 3 flights of stairs.Small window,but fine for us.
1 Thank Travelfanherts
Milan, Italy
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The hostel is located in the middle of Dublin: if you just cross the bridge you are in temple bar and it's a five minute walk from the Spire. I slept there with some friends for one night; we had a 6-bed-room, which was very small, though very clean. Toilets are separates from the showers and there are a lot of them on each floor. The staff is very friendly and we had the chance to leave our bags in the luggage room for the whole day, even after the check-out. I think that it was a bit expensive though.

Room Tip: 6 bed-rooms are quite small, double rooms may be bigger.
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed here last year and it was brilliant, the location was great, the staff was friendly, and we had our own private room with a bathroom for about 10 euros a night!!!! The only negative was we had no view but who really cares we were only there to sleep, I would 100% recommend this hostel!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I started to stay at the Abbey Court on Sunday, 1st of September. ~25 minutes taxi drive from the airport, the hostel is in midtown Dublin 1, on the Bachelor's walk next to the O'Connel-Bridge and -street.
I stayed at dorm 21, which is a 6-bed-room, together with a friend and we where alone in there most the time. As usually in hostels, most people only stay for one night and do not make any trouble, so if you can deal with dorm rooms, Abbey Court is good choise.

There is a lot of free stuff, if you decide to stay at Abbey Court: free Wifi, free breakfast of good quality, free computer terminal, free TV, Smoking area, free to use fridges, free projector room concidered to be a cinema room and a safe room for your baggage.

In general, the hostel is a very nice place to stay, clean as a hostel should be and a nice place to meet people from all around the world. Staff is nice and helpful, too.

But anyway: during my stay, there was a day without wifi, the toilets on the hallway are very tiny and not clean all the time. Additionally, the beds are not as comfortable as I'd wish for (and only 1.9meters long) and the in-room bathrooms are even tinier than the hall ones.

Room Tip: If you get the chance to choose your room, stay away from those with a window to the street (i.e. 11...