“couldnt be better!”

Ranked #103 of 150 Dublin B&B and Inns
Ireland
“couldnt be better!”
Reviewed September 2, 2009

I stayed at Willow House with my mother and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Bernadette the owner was very pleasent and helpful. the room was in good condition, extreemly clean, comfortable bed. Breakwast was second to none with a good choice. Bernadette recommended some good restaurants locally which we enjoyed. I would heartily recommend this B&B for the excellent service and location. bus stop is right outside the door!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Milano
Reviewed August 31, 2009

Near to the airport and also to the city center, well served by bus. Cute and clean rooms (try the "penthouse"!), you can find all you need.
The proprietor is a lovely lady with a great sense of humour who will help you with any information you need and provide suggestions. Take your time at breakfast for a conversation with her! In case something's wrong with the room or else, just tell her and she'll fix it out!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Palatine Illinois USA
Reviewed August 4, 2009

Willow house is a very lovely place to stay in Dublin not far from the city centre and about 20 min from the Airport. It's situated in Drumcondra with main bus routes stop outside the door. Minutes walking distance from restaurants and bars and many other local attractions.I stayed with my Family six nights in a spacious and confortable on suite room. Breakfast was the best with choices of Irish breakfast or continental and the host Bernadette is very nice and helpful and so pleasent we felt like we were family, She made us feel so comfortable.The service was excellent and the rooms were comfortable and very clean with hairdryer and coffee maker. I would recommend Willow House and Bernadette to all my friends and family and I plan on returning again to stay there on my next trip to Ireland. Thank you Bernadette for making out trip so enjoyable!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Eileen M
Cordoba, Argentina
Reviewed July 30, 2009

I warmly recommend the Willow house to everybody who wants to discover real Ireland! The rooms are very clean, beautiful cosy and you find all the utensils you need in a real Irish B&B. Bernadette is a very kind person, so friendly and always helpful in all concerns. The Irish breakfast is delicious and such a great experience! We always keep this warm hearted hospitality in mind and as soon as we'll plan our next trip to Dublin, we'll write an email to the Willow house !!!!!
Just one word to the bad ratings..... those people haven't got a clue about how it is like in a B&B - there is absolutely no reason to leave the Willow house in a bad shade...
everything is perfect and for those people it would be better to stay at home!
That's all about travelling - finding a real place to discover the country in it's heart.
And the Willow house is a real Irish place - if you are looking for a cosy and warm atmosphere!!! We just love it !!!! Irene & Maria from Austria

Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Irene2808
arizona
Reviewed April 8, 2009

I was very disappointed in this experience. The lady of the house was extremely rude the two days of stay. The carpet in the bedroom needed to smoothed down (I actually tripped over it). The wall paper was coming off. I could have over looked the flaws of the house if I was treated with some respect.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank patti1
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed April 7, 2009

My sister, nieces and I stayed at Willow House B & B for a couple of days in April for my 60th birthday. It was wonderful. Easy to get to the City Centre by bus and very relaxing neighborhood when we returned for the evening. After dinner at Fagan's, Bernadette had a chocolate cake for my birthday! She was very helpful and thoughtful.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Dinah48
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 29, 2008

I have now stayed in this B & B twice now (2006 and 2007) Bernadette the owner was friendly and helpful both times...recommending a great places to eat and tips on getting around. I loved this place. Breakfast here at the Willow house was awesome.....and loved the setting in the breakfast room too.

Bernadette gave me a room on main floor - and once in the room I found it was was not only comfortable and very clean (but had to pinch myself as I noted the skylight above with the pitter patter of rain outside). Very cozy!!! Very Irish!!!! Seriously, I was overwhelmed by the charm of this room. In fact I was so impressed with the Willow house - I could not wait to return again. which I did the next March for St .Patty's day.

The Bus stop is right outside the door and it takes only about 10 minutes to City center (where all the fun is located) and about 20 minutes to airport. I think it is a better deal then in town, and you feel like a local -- eatting and drinking with the Irish people - not the tourist. Which to me is an ideal vacation plan. I loved walking down the street to the Fagans Pub with the mist in the air - and the smell of peat burning from someones home. It was a true Irish experience. Not a packaged tour experience.

Everyone I met in this area was very kind and the Irish people know how to have a lot of fun! They seem to love americans (had one say that they feel this way because a lot of their relatives are americans). Anyway, I have found the Irish talkative and friendly group - who will l go out of their way to help you. I had guys helping me with my suitcase, girls escorting me directly to the Willow House. When I arrived in Fagans -- and after waiting a while to place my order --I leaned over asked two gals sitting next to me if I was to order at the bar. They immediately helped me and worried that I was hungry and offered me their fries. WOW!!! One bit of info...if in a pub and you met locals they will buy you around...then next time it is your turn to buy them a round.

Back to the B and B.....

I did stay there a 2nd time with a friend and we had the top floor family room. It was not as impressive....very functional for a family, but nothing special. To be honest I was dissappointed after staying in the room with the skylight. Hopefully Bernette will charm up this room, but until then expect the basics. Anyway, once again Bernadette was a great hostess ,and I loved the location.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely if I could get my 1st room that is ;-)!!! Thanks for the nice Holiday Bernadette!! Keep making memories for all of us that want to experience what you have everyday.
I

• Liked — To be out of the tourist area and near the locals
  • Disliked — The family room was Blah.............
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled solo