Dylan Hotel
Mespil Hotel(Dublin)
Good 3.5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
1,087 results
All reviewsboutique hotelbaggot streetgreat boutiqueunderfloor heatingturn down servicecity centremini barbeautiful hotelquiet locationgreat barfour seasonsstayed for one nightfollowing morningaviva stadiumfull irish breakfasthotel barsearsons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

For the first time we visit Dylan hotel in Dublin,and just to say thanks to my sister and all the staff at Dylan hotel for the warn welcome,professionalism and outstanding work during the stay.we recommended Dylan hotel to everyone who wants to enjoy life.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Adelio F
GrainneRoss, General Manager at Dylan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments on your stay at Dylan on Trip Advisor.
I am delighted to read that you had a fantastic experience with us and have passed all your comments on to our team.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Another place that's been on my "I've been meaning to" list for years, I finally graced its doors for some pre-Christmas cocktails.

Firstly, I needed to leave something at reception for safekeeping, the gentleman there kindly obliged while all the time being extremely polite, addressing me a madam. How nice.

I enjoyed some cocktails with my sister and her friends. It was very comfortable and luxurious. The floor staff were very attentive and very patient too.

The cocktails themselves: I had a Sidecar to start for 12 EUR, it was ok, too sour for my tastes. Next I had one of their own creations called a Southside Fizz, I think, for 9.50 EUR. It was pleasant enough.

I retrieved my property as I leave and I am shown from reception to a waiting taxi outside. I cannot fail the staff here in the Dylan, they are impeccably helpful and polite. I would recommend this as a hotel on their customer service alone.

While the cocktails were fine, I doubt very much I will be back for a drink. I don't mix in the kind of circles that socialise in the bar here. But for the folk who were here in the Dylan bar, they all looked very at home and happy.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cristin L

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Dylan Bar on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read that you experienced a high level of customer service from all of our Dylan team. They really do go out of their way to ensure every guest has a wonderful experience.

I am happy your group tried some of our award winning cocktails. Our bartending team are encouraged to be creative and bring forward new ideas to enhance our menu. Our cocktail list is regularly changing and we are always open to suggestions.

I am sorry to hear that you may not come back. Here at Dylan we welcome every guest that comes through our door. I know it is simply not possible to delight everyone all of the time, but we always strive to do so. At Dylan we are very lucky to have a very varied profile of regular guest. I hope that you will re-consider & come back. We have a lovely outdoor terrace for summer cocktails.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed at the Dylan for a week while in Dublin on business, and I was SO happy with the choice! The staff was very friendly and made the stay very pleasant. Though not located in the main downtown area, it's only a 20 minute or so walk, so I still got plenty of site-seeing in during my trip and still had very restful nights. The breakfast included made-to-order omelets and the smoked salmon option was a delightful treat. Overall, lovely hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I am delighted with your comments about our hotel. We do think that we have an ideal location, close enough to the city centre to walk to Grafton Street in 15mins but situated on a quiet, picturesque Victorian residential road.

Thank you for your comments about our tasty breakfast in Dylan Restaurant. We are proud to have both a continental buffet and hot breakfast made to order, as well as more casual bar menu options.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Dylan in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Myself and my girlfriend stayed here for New Years Eve and had a wonderful time, it is one of the nicest hotels in Dublin and we couldn't really find fault with anything (other than not being able to stay longer!)
We arrived by car but the parking is Valet only, it is 20 euro per night but this was included in our stay. We were helped to our room with our luggage and spent time getting acquainted with the beautifully appointed room, we stayed in 303. The room was spacious, spotless and very very modern and comfortable. Lovely touches such as locally sourced confections were very welcome, as was the personalised greeting upon arrival in the room. We ate in our room and can recommend the Dylan Burger, fabulous. Drinks in the bar were great with a huge array of cocktails, spirits and beers. We drank far too many cocktails but they were so wonderful we can't really be blamed!
The hotel is pricey but unike other places, in this regard you do get what you pay for and I would recommend the Dylan to anyone interested, a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Make sure you check the location, it can be tricky as it is not signposted.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for placing your recent experience at Dylan on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay with us.

There are two parking options for our guests. The first would be on street parking on either Eastmoreland Place or the adjacent St Mary’s Road. Both roads are pay and display with hours operating between 8am and 6.30pm, Monday to Friday on Eastmoreland Place or between 7am and 7pm, Monday to Saturday on St Mary’s Road. The price is €2.90 per hour. However most of our guests take advantage of our valet parking option as there is no meter feeding to worry about and for a full day’s parking, our valet parking service works out financially in their favour.

I am glad that you noticed our “Irish Box of Goodness”; this is full of little treats that are locally sourced from different local artisan suppliers. It has been an extremely popular addition inside our rooms since last summer.

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed our famous Dylan Burger and can vouch for a wide variety of our cocktails in Dylan Bar. All of us here look forward to welcoming you back to Dylan soon.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Nice, clean, spacious room. Employees were very helpful, professional and courteous. Great Irish breakfast. Great location if attending event at aviva stadium-between stadium and St. Stephen's Green. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple