“Pure luxury”
Review of Dylan Hotel

Dylan Hotel
Ranked #33 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed December 21, 2013

What a treat this hotel is! Service, room, ambiance... just wonderful. Breakfast and dinner - amazing. If staying in the hotel, you must try the restaurant! While we were there the Irish Masterchef crew were filming in the kitchen, which says a lot.

Our room was tastefully decorated with great little touches. A drink in the bar is also a must. It's classy, while at the same time relaxing. A lovely way to finish off the day.

We've definately found our go-to hotel whenever we're in Dublin again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,054)

Reviewed December 12, 2013

From the welcome to departure, the staff were warmly welcoming. At first, I thought you had to be a man to work here, but I did see a lady at the front desk at check out. While staying here, we were attending a theatre in the city and had late supper close by. I was sorry we did not have more time in the hotel as we had no time to eat or drink downstairs. Also, our bedroom was so beautiful. I also loved the bathroom which had a decent sized shower as well as a fine sized bath. There was a TV in the bathroom for those so inclined - I was not. Our room overlooked the front of the hotel which is on a quiet Ballsbridge Road. I heard nothing during the night. Beautiful hotel for a special treat. Customer service is important here.

Room Tip: Ours was over front - no complaint from me. It was upgraded - beautiful and spacious. Did not see...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed here May 2012 for a birthday function. Location was okay - outside the CBD/shopping district but only a 15min Walk away. Room - we had a double room up in the "roof", room was poky and dark (one very small window). But at least it was clean. Considering the price i was very disapointed. The hotel itself was very modern, "designer" touches everywhere. Service from the staff excellent. Breakfsst not included but it was decent enough (tried the full irish breakfast) and well priced.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first - esp if you would like natural light
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 30, 2013

A comfortable and well designed boutique hotel, excellent food - the breakfast kippers are really a treat. Service seems to get mixed reviews and having been woken by room service at 1.15 am, presumably with someone else's order and having breakfast arrive just before i had to go, this rings true, equally very helpful in other ways. Preferring some character to another chairn hotel, I would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AZandDZ
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My husband and I booked this via Mr & Mrs Smith as we were given vouchers for our birthday. We arrived on a high after a wedding in Wexford and were not at all disappointed. The room was gorgeous, quirky and big - felt like we were in a suite! The staff were very attentive and we were never left waiting to be served at reception, the bar or the restaurant. Bar and restaurant food great and cocktails too! Great location for the City centre as only a 20 minute walk. Highly recommend

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a night with my wife on an bed, dinner and breakfast special. Hotel itself is very nice, room was great too and the bed was lovely and comfortable. Only issue with the hotel is the bad service and it's far from 5 star in this regard. Ordered a martini with olives and the waiter dropped it down without olives stating that they had none and would that be ok? Bear in mind he had already had the drink mixed up under the pretense that I would accept it! I told him no - he seemed a bit perplexed by my response and reluctantly took it away. The other thing was the food in the restaurant which was far from perfect. We were given the wrong menus to start. No wine menu was given either so none was ordered! My venison came out over cooked and after repeatedly reminding the waiter that my wife was celiac he gave her a creme brûlée that was covered in a fine wheat crumb and chocolate sprinkle mix. She would have been violently sick had she eaten it. Overall the service was poor and the food just mediocre at best. I couldn't even bring myself to complain to management about the dessert issue as by then I had had enough and couldn't be bothered raising the issue as I know I'll never be back - that 5 star service you would expect is simply not there.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Day 1 in Dublin
We have just got to the Hotel after a late flight and the service on checking in was very helpful and the Room we have is 4* we just ordered room service and it was fast friendly and hot, so far so good I will let you know more as the weekend goes on, if they keep this service up I will be very happy.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple