“Great stay and kind staff.”
Review of Dylan Hotel

Dylan Hotel
Ranked #26 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
“Great stay and kind staff.”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We booked this hotel because many others nearer to the city center were fully booked. It turned out to be a lucky break. The hotel was in a great location on a side street within a neighborhood, making the atmosphere quiet and relaxing, even with the windows open. Shops, pubs, and public transportation were available right around the corner. Access to city center and the DART were a comfortable 10 to 15 minute walk. The front desk staff were very kind and helpful, and the hotel had a number of thoughtful touches.

The hotel is not easily accessible from the airport. The air shuttle drops you off within a few a blocks, but that's difficult to manage with luggage. You can take the city bus from there, but it's still a hassle. Be prepared to pay 30 euro for taxi service to or from the airport.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Co. Roscommon
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here with husband. Lovely welcome with cocktails, impressive room although no bath but great shower, real milk for making tea and ipod in room with good music. We had a theatre package but couldn't book dinner til 6pm and show was at 7.30 so although dinner was fabulous we had to rush it to make show. I think restaurant should open at 5.30 to accommodate theatre package. Breakfast was lovely although service was quite slow. Would highly recommend this beautiful boutique hotel and only 10min walk from Stephen's Green.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank moondance1
Tenterden, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Myself and my wife stayed here for 2 nights and found it to be a wonderful experience. The design and decoration are exceptional, the staff were really helpful and the food was to die for. It is set in a lovely part of Dublin that is within easy walking distance of Stephens Green. I recommend it most highly. Bring a little upmarket romance to your life - you deserve it :-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bull44
Tarporley, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

This must be just about the best location in Dublin. Walkable distance to the town centre close by Aviva stadium and the RDS and in an area of fine restaurants and even finer pubs. The hotel is a boutique hotel nicely styled rooms are generally very good and the staff and services were first class. We booked through Mr and Mrs Smith which gave us a 'free' breakfast and wine if you dined in house. The breakfast is fine and the restaurant with fairly limited choice is also quite good. The bar is really nice and was very lively over the weekend. The few downsides include somewhat shabby carpets in the hallway and a bathroom that really doesn't work very well. The door opens on to a single sink and the shower above the bath makes the best of very limited space but is not what you want in a first class hotel. Overall we would come again if only for the location. Within minutes you have some great pubs Searsons for one with live jazz and fantastic bars and ambience. Down Baggot street you have great little cafes like Voila and first class Michelin restaurants.

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank David C
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed here for one night as part of a competition prize. We have never met such a friendly, polite and helpful receptionist to check us in-her name is Maddison. She couldn't have been more helpful, even the following day making time to talk to us and walk us to our taxi. The hotel itself is extremely clean and modern with i pods in the room! Breakfast was delicious with a variety of choices, definitely 5 star food. Bar menu included absolutely everything, many cocktails, beers and wines. We may return in the future but this hotel, as it is 5 star is a bit expensive for us! breakfast 25euro pp and cocktails ranging from 9.50-13euros. Also hotel is very quiet, in a very quiet location.

Room Tip: Room 108 was superb!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have just come back from a weekend in Dublin and I can honestly say that I was incredibly lucky with my choice of hotel.

I arrived late from London after a day in the office, my flight was delayed, my patience was long spent. I was greeted with a smile, checked in and 5 minutes later was in my room. Which was spacious, luxurious, bright with soft music playing in the background. I poped into a bar for a nightcap where a Black Velvet (champagne + Guinness) radically improved things.

Now, the beds are divine. They make you feel like floating on air and I was seriously considering skipping sightseeing and meeting friends just so I don't have to leave the bed. (That was my first time in Dublin, so this is saying something.)

The nicest touch was an iPod with pre-loaded somg selection that happen to include all of my favourites and more. I ended up listening to it all the time and even took it out for walks instead of my own, as selection was better. They also come with pre-loaded guided walks, but I took the sight-seeing bus.

I did not get breakfast with my bed, but it turned out to be a better deal (I am not a fan of buffet breakfast). Both mornings I had my breakfast a la carte in the bar/terrace area and it was a cheaper option.

The hotel is about 15 minutes walk away from the centre which might seem like a lot, but a quiet night sleep is worth a 10 euro taxi fare from the centre in the evening.

The staff are very welcoming and very friendly - I wish I remembered more of their names, but they did rememebr my name, my room number and my previous choices. It's the small things that make you feel special.

My only regret is that I did not take their airport transfer option on arrival, as Agustin, the friendly driver who dropped me off to the airport was a pleasure. I will be most definitely coming back to Dublin and I will be definitely staying at the Dylan again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed here in late June this year. It's a hotel I've always loved going to for cocktails or vino, but staying was really a disappointment.
Arrival and check in was fine, no particular pleasantries or otherwise, valet parking is 20€, and room price was 300€
Room was nice, nice colours of silver, greys etc. well stocked mini bar and goodies hamper available for purchase.
The bar in the hotel, not the rooms, was really busy on the night we were there.
We first had some light lunch, and it took a long time to get ordering. When we did, food came in good time and was tasty. I ordered an elderflower cocktail and asked for the gin to be changed for Vodka. The first one was lovely. The second was completely different, with way too much lemon. So their cocktails aren't consistent which is a pet hate of mine :)
We went into town for a while and came back at about 5 and wanted to sit in the bar and have a drink. Every single table was reserved but the place was empty. We were told we could sit at the bar where there were 4 seats with one already occupied. I said we were residents at the hotel and wanted a nice seat. So the batman who was nice, checked with someone else and then allowed us to sit at a nice seat. Staying in a hotel like this, I'd expect to be able to use their facilities and be treated with some preference if you are a resident. We also had dinner there, the kitchen was really busy as they had loads of canapés to serve into the bar, so service wasn't as good - however they apologised for this at the time, so that was fine.
When we were checking out after yummy brekkie, (although waiter forgot to bring us our 2nd coffee) the valet mentioned that they were so busy the night before and said he hoped it didn't interfere with our stay. I mentioned that yes it had and that it was a disappointment. I also filled in a feedback form, mentioning the biggest disappointment, the bar being too busy for residents, left my email address etc, but 5 weeks on, and I haven't heard from them! Why bother with feedback!,

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple