“Plush, hip hotel with great staff...”
Review of Dylan Hotel

Dylan Hotel
Ranked #36 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I stayed here for 10 days while on a work trip. The staff here was extremely helpful, friendly, and willing to cater to or help with any needs or concerns. I played golf over the weekend and the staff booked tee times, took care of my clubs, and made the experiences a pleasure. Every morning, the staff had my coffee ready as I left to go to work.

The rooms were clean, large, and modern. The bed was comfortable and rather plush. The bathroom was large and spotless and filled with great toiletries. I'm not sure you can expect anything more from the modern, reasonably-priced, urban hotel.

All in all, it was a great experience. One word of caution is that the hotel is quite far from city center. If nightlife is what you are seeking during the week, it won't be found anywhere near Dylan. Also, there are limited restaurant options in addition to the hotel in the immediate vicinity. This isn't the Dylan's fault (obviously) but should just be noted depending on what is important to you in your stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank houselightsdown

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Everything about the hotel was what we expected; from the great service to the contemporary decor.

A good 20 minute walk from the city centre, but pleasant on a warm, dry day.

Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I stayed in a "Style" room - very nicely laid out and very spacious. Excellent toiletries and plenty of water etc. provided by the turndown service.
A confusing incident happened in the restaurant where the staff seemed unaware of the offer we had. It all got a bit embarrassing at the time, but was subsequently sorted out by the staff member who followed up with my wife. She was assured that the staff would be better informed in future of the details of any offers which are available.
I would definitely go back there - location, ambience, etc. was perfect.
Oh yes, and the espresso Martinis were ridiculously good!

2  Thank Hodkinson
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I stayed for one night at the Dylan and did not enjoy it, our room was really noisey and the bed very uncomfortable the service was really poor we waited 45 minutes for breakfast! I emailed hotel manager to complain and she did not even reply. In dublin I have stayed in much nicer hotels I wanted to give the Dylan a try but it was just a let down.

2  Thank margaret305
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Hotel is very well appointed. Everything is top class from the reception staff to the patio areas and interior decor. Plenty towels in room and spotlessly white robes in the closet. Room service was superb. Very quiet too. Room was a little dark. Not a problem for most but I do like a lot of light! Valet parking very efficient. Nothing seemed to be a problem to the staff. I think they make the hotel. So pleasant and without any airs and graces. I would have no problem recommending the hotel. The breakfast was very nice; Eggs Hollandaise, top class but toast was dry and hard! Minor issue but important to note. As a cook I believe the small things matter. All in all I would return and next time request a room in the front of the hotel, where the sunlight was streaming in through the windows of this stunning building. One note, no hair dryer in room but I am sure if I had asked for one it would have been supplied immediately!

Room Tip: Front rooms would get all the sun!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank bogland
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Myself and my boyfriend (and small dog) recently stayed in the Dylan for one night and our only wish was that we were staying for longer!!! Cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. Really good location, walking distance to great restaurants,pubs and the city centre. Even though it is so close to the busy areas it is in a lovley secluded and quiet area, no noise disturbance(had the best night sleep). The rooms are lovely, everything you could wish for and the bathroom was very spacious(I loved the shower!). We had room service, which was very prompt and the food was lovely. We both ordered Steak. I found the heated platters great for keeping our plates and food warm, great idea! Also the cocktails were delicious, also great atmosphere around the bar, I think there must have a been a party as it was quite busy, not that it affected service or anything. We found all the staff from reception staff to valet all very polite and friendly. As a person that works in the hotel industry I really must applaud The dylan for it's excellant level of service and its friendliness and warmth of staff, hotels like this are few and far between. Looking forward to returning again in the future!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank A0ifeD
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Have stayed in The Dylan a few times and can't fault it. This time we were staying as we were going to see Dirty Dancing in the Grand Canal which is only a short journey away.

The room itself was large and very welcoming. A nice touch on a arrival is the hand written note and not just an informal print out from the hotel and also 2 gorgeous brownies had been left for us also.

The staff are very helpful and there is a lovely bar also which does a fantastic selection of cocktails and a lovely restaraunt also. Great place to stay for a special occassion or if you are heading to events in Grand Canal, Rds or the Aviva

3  Thank SteveWhite81