“Very nice hotel in the center of Dublin”

O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel
Ranked #52 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Le Chesnay, France
“Very nice hotel in the center of Dublin”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Special thanks to Victoria, from reception who was not only helpful but also suggested some activities to do during my days there.
Rooms are big, comfortable and clean. I only missed a minibar, but it has a kettle with coffee and tea. Windows are double-glazed so you barely notice anything going on on the street. And if you need to put anything in the fridge, they can keep your stuff in theirs.The breakfast buffet variety was fine, not too much to choose, but enough for all tastes. :) Waiters are very kind too.

1 Thank Maria S
Paul C, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review Maria S. I am delighted to hear you found the staff very friendly and helpful. I will be passing your kind comments onto Victoria and the team in the restaurant. Improvements have been made recently to the breakfast offer but we are continually assessing the variety based on feedback from guests. Once again thank you for leaving feedback and we hope to see you back in Dublin soon.

Kind regards, Paul C.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Arabic first
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed 3 nights for a business trip and had a great stay. My room was in the newer section of the hotel and was very nice and modern. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was incredible! Love being right across from the park and shopping area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the executive wing.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for leaving a review CMcKoy. I am delighted to hear you had an excellent stay at the hotel whilst on business. At Stephen's Green Hotel, we are committed to providing exceptional service to all our guests and it is great to hear this was the case during your visit. Some improvements have taken place around our breakfast offer and whilst we feel it offers exceptional value of money we will soon be adding some additional options following guest feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Green be it for leisure or a return business trip.

Wiesbaden, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for two nights on business. My room was nice, but not cleaned properly.There was a nasty ring in the bathtub/shower from the previous guest and wasn't cleaned throughout my stay. The variety of drinks at the bar was fairly limited. The food was good. The employees were very friendly, helpful and professional. The location of the hotel is very convenient downtown Dublin. A variety of shops, restaurants and landmarks can be reached by foot, or public transportation.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Eddie L
Paul C, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review Eddie L. I am sorry to hear you found an article belonging to a previous guest in your accommodation. Needless to say this should not have been the case and is not reflective of the normally high level of cleanliness in the hotel. I will look into this further and take necessary steps to prevent against a similar occurrence in the future. I am however very happy to hear you found both the staff and food to be good during your stay. I will pass your comments onto the team. Once again thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Dublin soon.

Bothell, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

My wife and I truly enjoyed this hotel. Our room was spacious and comfortable. The staff was helpful and responsive with most issues. The restaurant had a very limited menu but the food was excellent. The location was superb! The biggest issue we had was using the internet. It was not included in our package so we bought the service when it was needed. Getting logged on was very difficult and the internet would drop out frequently. On one day, we had no internet at all. We informed the front desk and asked for a credit. They refused. We would probably stay here again as long as we didn't need to rely on the internet at the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Clint130
Paul C, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for leaving a review Clint130 following your recent stay. I am sorry to hear you experienced issues with the Wi-Fi at the hotel. We have taken steps in recent months to improve the overall experience with improved bandwidth and ease of connection. Needless to say I am disappointed to hear this was not the case from your experience. We are continually looking to improve this service allowing for secure and reliable connection. I will raise your issues with our ISP in an effort to prevent against a similar reoccurrence for others. Please feel free to contact me at paul.clifford@ocallaghanhotels.com regarding the refund which was not honoured at reception. Once again thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I hope your issues with Wi-Fi connection will not distract you from O'Callaghan Hotels in the future.

Canal Winchester, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

I stayed here for two nights on my recent trip. Very good location and helpful staff. The room was very clean and was the perfect size. The view wasn't the greatest- I had a view of the wall of an adjacent building- that doesn't bother me because I didn't spend a lot of time in my room. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank rachw182
Paul C, Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for leaving a review racw182 following your recent stay. I am delighted to hear you had a positive stay and that you would recommend our hotel. As with most city centre hotels we cannot always guarantee a nice view but we will endeavour to provide a front facing room overlooking St. Stephen's Green where possible. Should you be returning to Dublin in the foreseeable future, be sure to contact me at paul.clifford@ocallaghanhotels.com and I will ensure you get a front facing room offering a view of the Green. Once again thank you for your kind review.

Belfast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

Stayed here for two nights during a conference in Dublin. I had an executive room which was comfortable and quiet. Good breakfast, especially if you can get a seat in the glass atrium with a view over St Stephens Green. Obviously very convenient for Central Dublin: my conference was only two minutes walk away.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for leaving a review Deramore following your recent stay. I am delighted to hear you had a positive stay at the hotel. We have given our breakfast offer some focus in recent months following feedback obtained from our guests and we feel the recent changes to include improved layout and additional breakfast items has greatly improved the breakfast experience at the hotel. Once again thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel be it on business or for leisure.

Charlottetown, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Nothing but good to say. Very friendly and accommodating reception. Clean and pleasant room. Nice food in the hotel bar where the staff were also very helpful when we arrived jet lagged. Central location in the heart of Dublin. Stephen's Green is a delightful park for a stroll to escape city life, right alongside the best of urban Ireland. Plenty of shopping, pubs, museums, businesses within easy walking. Hop on Hop off green bus tour was just right. 110v outlet. Apple chargers are built to handle both 120 and 250. We brought along two inexpensive plug adapters that worked as advertised. Free wireless worked well. Put the hotel key card in the holder by the switches at the door to activate the lights and ventilation. This hotel was just right for our holiday.

Room Tip: We had a fifth floor front room. Very quiet, nice view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for leaving a review IslanderEh following your recent stay. I am delighted to hear you had a positive stay at the hotel. We have recent launched our new bar menus so I am glad you found the food nice. We understand the importance of having the right power supply particularly when travelling from overseas so you will find an 110v socket as well as the standard 220-240v sockets in each of our bedrooms. If travellers from the US or Canada require additional sockets, we can point visitors in the right direction to secure inexpensive convertors. Once again, thank you for leaving feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Dublin in the foreseeable future.