“Friendly, efficient staff, top location”

O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel
Ranked #60 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I had 5 nights here in June 2013. Very comfortable. Clean room, maybe showing a bit of wear and tear in the bathroom. The staff were unfailingly helpful and efficient. The breakfast was good, though service was sometimes a tad slow. There's a nice bar on the ground floor, but it doesn't get noisy. The room was quiet and I slept well. I still object to paying for wi-fi on top of a not inexpensive room rate (you get half an hour free each day). Can't beat the location - walk out the door, across the road and you're in Stephens Green. 5 mins to Grafton Street. Close to tram and buses. Dublin looks good these days, despite the recession.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Dara C, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Ozcyclist,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us here in the hotel.

Your comments about the team are heartfelt and well received - I have spoken to the team in relation to service in the breakfast room - it is an area we continue to spend a large amount of time focusing on.

In relation to the Wi-Fi charges, we encourage all our guest to book directly through our own website - any bookings made via this site will receive complimentary Wi-Fi.

I am hopeful we will get the pleasure of your company on your next trip to Dublin.

Dara Cruise

Write a ReviewReviews (1,403)

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Firstly the photos are misleading. Perhaps they were taken with a panoramic lens but the rooms are not as big as depicted and they all certainly do not have a sofa

The room had a desk with an armchair-like chair but its seat was slightly sloped and made of very slippery plastic which meant one couldn't sit comfortably at all on it.

No free wifi which is incredibly mean. Also the breakfast at 13 euros?? Come on. That's a rip off.

However the plus points were that staff were pleasant and rooms have aircon which was a godsend in the heatwave.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear citybreakjunkie,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor.

I was happy to read that when you were dealing with team members you found them to be pleasant in handling any concerns you may have had.

In relation to our internet service, all bookings made directly through our own website receive complimentary Wi-Fi access. We also provide a 30 minutes complimentary Wi-Fi to all our guest. We also have a business centre in house for our guest to avail of.

All the images on line are of actual rooms here in the hotel, our sincere apologises if you feel they are misleading.

I welcome the opportunity to discuss in more detail any points you have - please contact me directly on dara.cruise@ocallaghanhotels.com

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed here with my 9 year old for 1 night, Hotel definately not a 4 star standard more a low 3 star. We checked in smoothly enough and literally just put our bags in the room and headed off to explore the shops. On our return I noticed that there was stuff on the headboard (looked liked someone had a good nose cleaning and rubbed it all onto the headboard) Once I informed reception the came to clean the headboard and offered us an alternative room, at this stage i just wanted to check out after what we had seen. The receptionist reassured me that they had a very high cleaning standard and apologised again for what had happened. They upgraded us to a two bedroom suite on the same floor but I still felt very wary after our experience with the previous room. We didn't eat at the hotel so I cant comment on that, overall the hotels location is ideal but other than that it doesn't have much going for it, wont be staying here again !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Dara C, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear CorkGirl08,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I am very sorry about the standards of housekeeping you experienced in our hotel.

It is certainly not the standards we strive towards, I along with all of my colleagues are working diligently towards ensuring each of our guest has a wonderful time with us here in our hotel.

I will be in touch via private message to discuss the matter further.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Have stayed in the Stephen's Green hotel on a number of occasions for business and would recommend it. Staff are excellent, very helpful and friendly. Rooms very good also spacious and clean. Just a 2 minute walk form Grafton Street - will definitely return!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Claire B

Dear clarice100,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us here in the hotel, it is great to read such glowing reports about the team around the hotel.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here with my daughter as we were going to a concert. Location is great, go out the front door turn left walk 3/4 mins and you're on Wexford/Camden St. Go out the front door cross the road walk 5/6mins and you're at Stephens Green shopping centre. Staff fierce friendly and helpful! Room clean and spacious. I would definately stay here again!!!! :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Angiepangies,

Thank you for your lovely review on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted you and your daughter had a lovey stay with us.

Thank you for the recommendation, I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Great location, friendly if slightly disorganised staff, adequate breakfast huge bed, broken ironing board and scalding water from taps and shower. Yes it's clean and central but isn't warm and welcoming and it's expensive for what you receive back in amenities and service.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Missile_Ward,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

Naturally I am disappointed that your time with us was less than satisfactory.

I do hope I get the opportunity to discuss further your time with us.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed in this hotel last night and was so pleased with the service that I had to comment straight away. We actually live in County Dublin and decided to stay in the city centre for my birthday. We chose O'Callaghan's Stephen Green for location and price and we weren't disappointed! The staff were extremely pleasant and efficient and the rooms were spacious and clean - lovely decor too. The bar also had a lovely ambiance. Overall a great night and it was lovely seeing Dublin as a tourist :-)

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank RebeccaandNiall

Dear RebeccaandNiall,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to post your lovely review on Tripadvisor.

We are all delighted you enjoyed your time with us here in the hotel.