“Great location”

O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel
Ranked #56 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here with my daughter as we were going to a concert. Location is great, go out the front door turn left walk 3/4 mins and you're on Wexford/Camden St. Go out the front door cross the road walk 5/6mins and you're at Stephens Green shopping centre. Staff fierce friendly and helpful! Room clean and spacious. I would definately stay here again!!!! :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Dara C, General Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Angiepangies,

Thank you for your lovely review on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted you and your daughter had a lovey stay with us.

Thank you for the recommendation, I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

There are newer reviews for O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Great location, friendly if slightly disorganised staff, adequate breakfast huge bed, broken ironing board and scalding water from taps and shower. Yes it's clean and central but isn't warm and welcoming and it's expensive for what you receive back in amenities and service.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Missile_Ward,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

Naturally I am disappointed that your time with us was less than satisfactory.

I do hope I get the opportunity to discuss further your time with us.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed in this hotel last night and was so pleased with the service that I had to comment straight away. We actually live in County Dublin and decided to stay in the city centre for my birthday. We chose O'Callaghan's Stephen Green for location and price and we weren't disappointed! The staff were extremely pleasant and efficient and the rooms were spacious and clean - lovely decor too. The bar also had a lovely ambiance. Overall a great night and it was lovely seeing Dublin as a tourist :-)

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank RebeccaandNiall

Dear RebeccaandNiall,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to post your lovely review on Tripadvisor.

We are all delighted you enjoyed your time with us here in the hotel.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Just checked out of this hotel after a one night stay.
I had been advised by staff to park my car in Stephens Green Shopping center, and have my ticket stamped at reception.
I was amazed that the car parking for 22 hours in Dublin City Centre came only to EUR14.!
The bedroom in the hotel was bright and airy , with a nice view of Stephens Green across the road.
Ideally located for someone visiting the city center on vacation or on business.
Little disappointed at breakfast, when I had some fresh fruit berries, and found that some of them were actually still FROZEN in the center!
Only eggs in the buffet were scrambled... I asked for poached eggs and they were presented to me within a few minutes.... that made up for the frozen berries!
I would definately use this hotel again in Dublin.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear The_Festy,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I appreciate your comments in relation to the frozen berries on the buffet, they should have not have been placed on our breakfast buffet if they were frozen.

I am glad you enjoyed the poached eggs, it is also very good to read that you found the rooms to be more than satisfactory.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again sometime in the future.

O'Callaghan Hotel

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have stayed at the hotel a few times with friends and its always been a really good stay. The rooms are really good and roomy and the staff couldnt be more helpful and friendly. The breakfast is always really good. I also stay in this hotel on my own for my work and always feel really safe and know if I have any issues the staff would assist me. The hotel is in a perfect location easy walking distance to anywhere we want to go. I cannot recommend this hotel enough and will be back again next year for another weekend !!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Angela S,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted with your comments and will share them with our team.

I look forward to welcoming you back some time in the near future.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

First time at this O'Callaghan hotel (I normally stay at the Davenport every month) but I shall definitely return! The hotel is fantastic; location is perfect, the staff are excellent and very friendly, the facilities are exactly what you need. It's clean, tidy and modern. The rooms are an excellent size. The bar is great and has a simple but good menu at reasonable prices for a hotel of this calibre. Located right in the centre of town on the green itself. Shopping and restaurant areas are all within a couple of minutes walk.

Really, nothing at all you could fault about the place. If you are looking for a hotel in the centre of Dublin - this is the best one!

Room Tip: I had a room overlooking the main street and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Neil P

Dear Neil P,

Wow what a great review - thank you for highlighting your experiences on Tripadvisor.

It is very up-lifting to read your feedback.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Perfect place for the south side city center, two minute walk from Grafton street and across the road from the park. I've stayed for business and came back pleasure. Bar food and restaurant are both great.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ross_Williams

Dear Ross_Williams,

Thank you for a very nice review on Tripadvisor.

We were very happy to read your review and the comments about the food were particularly up-lifting.