“Great location & good value”

Maldron Hotel Smithfield
Ranked #52 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Cork, Ireland
“Great location & good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend despite warnings from friends that the area was dangerous! Loved it. Lovely room, very clean & very friendly & informative staff. Luas close by, lovely walk to the centre, great cafe almost next door & the Cobblestone pub is a great way to end the night! Car parking for €10 was a great bonus. Will recommend to anyone going to Dublin

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
County Offaly, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a Friday night, the first impression when I rang to get directions to the car park was clean and accurate & from the moment we entered the hotel we were met with smiles by all staff members. Check in very quick & nice comfy chairs in the foyer if you had to wait, I asked if an upgrade was available the receptionist check & upgraded us to a suite, which was such a treat. The room was huge with two Queen size beds, a sitting area, lovely shower and bath and the most fantastic balcony which unfortunately it was too cold to sit out on, but fabulous views of the rooftops of Dublin. The location is perfect near the Cobblestone pub which was very lively, beside a lovely supermarket, plen of coffee shops in the area and a lovely stroll to the Phoenix park, 2 minutes to the Luas stop which has you in the city centre in minutes. The car park was spacious and good value at €10 for a 24 hour period. Breakfast was very tasty and again lovely pleasant smiles from the staff members. I would highly recommend this hotel for excellent staff, gorgeous room, convenient location, I will definitely stay here again and will recommend it very highly.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hillswick, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I visited with friends and shared a twin room. The hotel is modern, calm and clean. The bed was so comfortable, it was difficult to motivate myself to get out of it again. The room was a good size with lots of storage and had a beautiful bathroom.
The hotel was quiet, being away from the main road, yet right next to a grocery shop selling wonderful food which I popped into often. Within a minute's walk to a cinema and 2 minutes walk away from a tram stop. Within 15-20 minutes walking distance of Temple Bar and other central attractions. The hotel is across from the Cobblestones pub where traditional music Irish is played.

Breakfast was not included, but was reasonably priced at 8 euros if booked in advance, or 10 euros at the door. My only complaint is that I couldn't work the left hand lift very easily as it required your card key to activate it, but it took some convincing for it to go anywhere. It may have just been that it found my room key difficult to read. The right hand lift, I had no problem with. The staff were very helpful and the hotel has a 'left luggage' room which was invaluable. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kirsteen M
Amtrayno, Ann Marie Traynor, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Smithfield, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Clickitysnip,

Thank you so much for you wonderful review on Trip advisor. Your review is much appreciated and the team and I are delighted with your positive comments.

I agree the team are a special key element and service is an area we strive to excel at. The team and I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to post your comment and we are delighted your stay was such a pleasurable one.

I was sorry to hear about the issues you encountered with the lift.
I have asked our maintenance engineer to carry out a full service on both readers to ensure they are both working correctly.

We are lucky to be a city centre property, which is conveniently located for local attractions, shopping areas, legal district, temple bar, O2, Heuston and Connolly station along with having the Luas on our doorstep.

Both I and the Maldron Hotel Team look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future and thank you once again for taking the time to make our day with your wonderful and positive comments.

Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I cannot praise this hotel enough! Staff are wonderful. Professional, enthusiastic and always willing to help. The room was very clean and the maids done an excellent job of tidying up. Location is brilliant. Right beside the louas trams but we walked to the city centre in around ten minutes. Really lovely experience, would definitely book again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed a couple of times at this hotel. It has the things I value the most for a hotel.
First of all, rooms are clean and comfortable.
A great point is that the hotel is not situated near a busy street. It's actually on a quiet place, so you can sleep all your soul without being awaken by cars/buses/tramways.
And finally, it is conveniently located, with the Luas line nearby and within reasonable walking distance to the center, shops and Temple Bar. You also have an Airlink bus stop not too far, very practical to reach the airport.
As for the rates, I got a good value for my first stay, second was a bit overpriced but I have the feeling rates are overall reasonable wrt. the competition.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Amtrayno, Ann Marie Traynor, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Smithfield, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Ggllk,

Thank you so much for your positive review on tripadvisor,

Both the team and I were delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Customer service is a priority here at the Maldron Hotel Smithfield and we aim to ensure all our guests are given the highest level of service. We were delighted you found the team to be so pleasant throughout your stay.

I agree our location is a great advantage to us. With the Luas on our doorstep it allows easy access to areas such as the O2, CCD and the Grand Canal Theatre, as well as being situated within an easy walking distance to many of Dublin’s main attractions.

We thank you once again for your positive review and both the team and I look forward to welcoming you back the Maldron Hotel Smithfield in the near future.

Portlaoise, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed here mid-week as it was a good location for where I was working. I picked it purely on convenience and wasn't expecting that much but I was pleasantly surprised. Lovely large room, good food in the bar, perfectly adequete breakfast and extremely helpful and cheerful staff. Would definitely return :-)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Caroline,

Thank you so much for your positive review on tripadvisor,

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Good value for money, though a little out of the way in Smithfield and a bit noisy, though close to the cobblestones pub for traditional Irish music. Bed and pillows were terrible; my girlfriend and I struggled to get a decent sleep, however staff were helpful and overall the hotel was ok

• Stayed February 2013