“great host”
Review of Hollybank B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dublin
Hollybank B&B
Ranked #62 of 150 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 23, 2012

i spent two nights at hollybank b&b dublin. would recommend it and would return again. siobhan
always seems to be about and is very welcoming. when i stayed a gentleman arrived looking for a room only to find it was fully booked, however siobhan welcomed him in while she rang round and surfed to find him a room, nothing is too much trouble for this fantastic host

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I spent two nights at Hollybank B&B during my trip to Ireland. Siobhan was extremely helpful and welcoming. She gave me directions and advice, and the Irish breakfast was very delicious. My room was perfect and comfortable. I opened my window in the evening and had a very restful sleep.

The B&B is located near a bus stop that will take you into town. One can also walk into town in about 20 minutes. A cabride to the airport was about 13 euro. Hollybank is on the north side of Dublin in a nice neighborhood.

Without a doubt I would stay there again. I was so comfortable I almost scooted around in my pajamas!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ladyvet27
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed in Hollbank House at the weekend and I have to say it was excellent. Siobhain was a wonderful hostess and nothing too much bother for her. She was very attentive and professional and had time for a chat without been intrusive. The bed was so comfortable I slept soundly both nights. The room and bathroom were spotless and lovely and cosy. Breakfast on both mornings was very tasty and cooked to order which was great. There was a tea station in the breakfast room which we could use throughout the day ( and we did ). The area is quiet but still close to shops and the city centre which is very handy. I would have no hesitation recommending this b&b and I would definately return. 10 out of 10.
Thanks Again.
SCourtney

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We stayed two nights at Hollybank in May and thoroughly enjoyed it. Some good pubs within walking distance and an easy bus ride into the centre of Dublin. Siobhan looked after us well - terrific brekkies and comfy beds. The perfect base to explore Dublin.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank Ross and Margre... G
Reviewed August 16, 2011

This is a must stay if you are looking for a Dublin Ireland B&B, short bus ride or walk to Dublin city center. Fagans Pub down the street is always a good choice...

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Richard T
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We received a warm friendly welcome when we arrived. The owners took time and showed a genuine interest in our activities, offering tips and suggestions that made our trip much better. We were able to fit in all the activities and more thanks to their help and guidance. Very convenient location. Bus line is a short walk away. The breakfast was fantastic, amazing coffee!!!!! The location is perfect, short ride from the airport and close to city center. At the end of the street is a lovely pub, Fagan’s, that has a great menu and fantastic food. Rooms are very clean, very comfortable beds with plenty of pillows and blankets. Rooms are ensuite, bathroom was spotless and up to date.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Michele T
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed in hollybank house both before and after touring the country and couldn't have been happier! We were hosted by George and Siobhan who are extremely friendly and helpful people, amazing hosts. They had so much information and suggestions on what to do while in Dublin as well as when we left for the country. It made planning our vacation so much easier. We stayed in bedroom 3 which is a twin room ensuite. The room had a tv, alarm clock, wifi, and a wonderful
hairdryer (not a cheap crappy one like in hotels at all). The sheets were so nice and warm (which I was worried about going to ireland) but I fortunately didn't have one cold night thanks to hollybank. The bathroom had a really nice hot shower which was great to not have to worry about the shower ever. Since it was a small b&b with 3 rooms we didn't feel like they just any old guest they really took care of us individually. It Was also nice at night that it was small because it was very quiet. The breakfast room was so nice. There was coffee and tea available all day and for breakfast there was a large selection of cereals and a full Irish breakfast which was wondeful. Siobhan is an excellent cook. The location was great it was a minute was to a bus stop where there was 4 busses that took you right into the main part of town in minutes. There was also a variety of restaurants and pubs nearby that Siobhan was kind enough to give suggestions on where to go. As well as banks, a post office, a grocery store, a bakery and a lot of other little shops. A place that was a short walk away was the national botanic gardens which were absolutely beautiful. We also rented a car for touring Ireland and easily dropped it off at the budget rental a block away from the b&b which was very convenient. Everything about the hollybank b&b made Ireland an amazing experience. I recommend it to anyone staying in Dublin. Thanks so much to George and Siobhan for making it so great!

• Stayed: March 2011