“Cheap and good location”

Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Rathmines
Ranked #96 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Okay the rooms are a bit basic but this hotel offers great value for money as it's close to the city centre. Our room was spacious, clean and warm! The staff were very attentive when needed. We also got to leave our bags and cases in the hotel six hours after our check out as our flight home wasn't until late in the evening. Cheap and cheerful :)

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Kelly982
michellemanager, Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Rathmines, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Hi Kelly982,

Thank you for this very positive review.

We are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and that you ound our product to be great value for money.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed here for a long weekend with my partner.
The hotel was a bit further out than we hoped, its very easy to walk in to town as its one big main road that leads in. But the walk takes about 25 minutes, which the website does not say!

The staff were very very friendly, even the poor buggers doing the night shift managed to be friendly when we strolled in at 4am.

The room was not great to be honest. Mix matched furniture, all a bit old and shoddy. Our window view was block by a roof and it could of been a bit cleaner.

I wouldn't go back next time but it was okay for what we paid. I recommend people look at hotels in the Temple Bar location before this one. That is the perfect location for everything, especially the cute little Irish bars.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi RyanP19,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am delighted to read you found our staff to be friendly as this is very important to us here in Travelodge.

It is disappointing to read some of your other comments but these comments will help us improve our business so thank you.

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

... Although it was satisfactory for a travelodge overall.

Location - near enough to city, but would need to get a taxi. It has a busy road with a mcD, Starbucks, pharmacies, supermarkets (aldi/lidl), not a great area however, a few dodgy people waking around in the evening. More takeaways than restaurants.

Continental breakfast in the morning - coffee was awful! The corridors stank of stale smoke even though it's a non smoking hotel!

The best thing about it was the room (thank god). Clean, big for the cheap price, but very 'travelodge'.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank IndyS83

Hi IndySunner,

Thank you for writing your recent review on Travelodge Rathmines.

We appreciate all your comments regarding your stay with us which will enable us to improve our quality for future staying guests.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed here only because the Travelodge in Stephens Green double booked me. A taxi was paid for me to go to the sister property in Rathmines. Only 15min walk to Grafton St. Reception area needs a lick of paint or new lighting to make it more inviting. I was given Room 214, overlooking the road. The traffic noise was slightly louder than I would like but nothing too annoying. However what was annoying, was the slight flicker the lights would get every now and then, the TV even turned off at one point. Room was very clean and tidy. Bed was quite comfy, if the pillows were a little flat. Bathroom was small, with a small shower cubicle that only had a shower curtain that kept sticking to me whenever I raised my hands. It also left puddles of water on the floor when I was done.

Very well located for Dublin city, and Dundrum Town Centre.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Michelle G, Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Rathmines, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Hi Troyman 100,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

We appreciate both your positive and constructive comments which enable us to improve our quality.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This hotel was in a great location in Rathmines, the receptionist was extremely professional and friendly, however, the double room we stayed in was a real let down, so dreary and drab, overall a neglected feeling about the place, the mattress on the bed was soo lumpy and thin, the pillows were really flat and uncomfortable, we got up really early and left the hotel the next morning as it proved impossible to sleep in such an uncomfortable bed, apart from the location, this hotel has nothing going for it, and l definately will not be staying again.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KildareZiggy

Hi KildareZiggy,

I am sorry to read your recent review on our property.

I would like you to private message me the details of your stay so I can investigate this further.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Comfortable, budget hotel. Located in Rathmines which has a lot of cafés and is pleasant to walk around. It takes about half an hour to walk into the city of Dublin.

Perfect for a budget stay, but not if you are looking for luxury.

Room Tip: Family rooms are available by request? Room 319 is quiet and spacious.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank anita s
Michelle G, Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Rathmines, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Hi Anita s,

Thank for for your positive review.

We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed in this place and it was £149 for a room which I was lucky to get due to high demand but which didn't include breakfast or car parking. I know it is a budget hotel but this was not a budget price I have paid less for 5 star hotels albeit not in Europe.The reception staff were definitely nice I couldn't fault them at all; its just the place is dreary and looks downmarket in the entrance but I have to say in its favor it is very well located in relation to going to Grafton street,Stephens Green etc.I didn't have breakfast but I understand that it was extremely poor.The car parking cost me an additional 6 Euros. I know that this was a very busy weekend in Dublin and normal price would probably be a third of this which would be OK.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank heggers

Hi Heggers,

Thank for taking time out to write this review.

We appreciate both your constructive and positive feedback.

For future bookings especially on weekends with high demand I would advise to book as far out in advance in order to obtain the cheapest possible rates.