Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel
Ranked #91 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
“Great stay”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

The receptionist was so helpful in our checking in & even went an extra mile to help us in our dinner arrangement for the 1st night that we arrived after a long flight to Dublin.
We had a good nights rest in this superb hotel with a good view & great bedroom.
Conveniently located near Grafton St. & easy access to public transportation.
Will come back for more for beautiful Dublin!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Khristina R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Zue

Thank you for your recent comment. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us in Stephens Green Travelodge. I am very fortunate to have such a fantastic team, who as you seen yourself delivery a fresh experience and fantastic customer service.

We do hope you will return to Ireland and visit us again.

Regards

Khristina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Polish first
Reykjavik
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The room was clean and practical enough. Location great (next to one of the main shopping streets and a very attractive shopping mall, only ten minutes from the Temple Bar area). But I had just stayed in a very nice B&B and as a comparison I found this place to be devoid of personality. I would have given this hotel a four star reveiw if the lady at the reservation did show us any interest. But the receptionist was incommunicative was more focused on a computer screen in front of her. I got very limited practical tips from her and she showed no interest in further communication. That was also the case the day after. Other members of the staff, during other shift hours, were more helpful though.

I must say that "bar" that was supposed to be downstairs, according to some sources, is not there anymore. It has been turned into a nice little café but its rustic ambience is a bit superficial. Well, it is clean and new. But they serve excellent breakfast. I had some of the best scrambled eggs I have tasted. A bit pricey, though. I would be great if guests at the hotel could have a special breakfast at a lower price, instead of ordering from a menu.

Would I use Travelodge again? If I had one or two days and had to "do" things, like sights and shopping, then yes, probably. Otherwise, for more leisurely traveling, I´d opt for a nice B&B (see my other reviews).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Steiniberg
Khristina R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Steiniberg,

Thank you for your recent comments. I find it hard to believe that you found the staff engaging as we are well known for our excellent customer service and local knowledge. My team and I strive to deliver a fresh experience to al our guests. As you mentioned the hotel is an ideal location for both leisure and corporate travellers.

I do hope you will return to us again in the future.

Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Hotel is dated and needs a complete revamp to it rooms

located within 5 minute walk of Grafton Street, 10 minutes to

Breakfast is available in a restaurant next door, but linked thru from reception

Was served the best breakfast I ever had in all my 30 + years staying in Dublin. This restaurant is a hidden jem

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Cathal,

Thank you for your recent review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. The hotel itself is nearly 20 years old and has only been a member of the Travelodge family for the past 2 years. Since joining the group I had carried out some soft refurbishments on the hotel, and we do hope to carry out further developments in the future.

We do hope to welcome you through our doors again in future.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2014

This hotel is conveniently placed for our needs, the room was clean and the staff were mostly helpful, indeed a receptionist lent us her umbrella one rainy evening. Breakfast was just to our liking and the service was friendly and efficient. A few minor disappointments, on one of the days room service came to the room, changed the towels but didn't wash the tea cups or make the bed. I reported the toilet seat was loose but it was not attended to during our 6 day stay. Also, there was no bath mat to stand on after having a shower. So not 5 star, but reasonable value for money.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Khristina R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
MFG5

Thank you for your recent review of our property. I do apologies that the maintenance of the toilet seat was not taken care of during your stay, but I can assure you it has been repaired since you checked out. Regarding the bath mats- all our baths contain anti-slip markings thus we do not provide mats in the baths. I am glad that you found the staff to be friendly and warm hearted during your stay.

We do hope you will return to us again in future.

County Galway, Ireland
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Beds were clean, comfy and easy to sleep in. Room was clean. Was asked to pay for WIFI if I wanted to use it, didn't bother, felt it was was too much for a few hours. Lift was useful though slow. Didn't have breakfast as it wasn't included in the price. Very central location but I think I'd stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Hellie B
Khristina R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Hellie

Thank you for your recent comment regarding your stay with us. As you have commented on the rooms being comfortable and clean and location, I would be interested in hearing your views regarding our service as the staff in Travelodge Stephens Green are known for their excellent customer service. You can email me personally on khristina.ridge@travelodge.ie.

Clevedon, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We were only there 2 nights but found the room clean, tidy and quiet and perfectly adequate. The staff were extremely helpful, kind and good natured. They made our stay so very easy and we thank them for that.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Khristina R, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Michael,

It was lovely to meet you during your time in Dublin. The team at Stephens Green are a real asset to the hotel and to Travelodge. We appreciate your kind words and do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I wasn't expecting great things from this hotel, I chose it mainly for it's location and very good price. However I found it was once of the nicest and friendliest hotels I have stayed in. The hotel is very well positioned just behind the shopping mall on Sy Stephen's Green, and round the corner from Grafton St. The rooms are well sized and everything very clean. The staff could not have been more helpful.

Travelodge hotels are good value for money, this one was good value for money and really nice to stay in.

Room Tip: Get WiFi from reception 5 Euros for 24 hours. On line from the hotel it is 12.50!