“Brilliant Location”

Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel
Ranked #89 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

The location of this Hotel for walking distance to St Stephen Green, Powerscourt, Geroge Street, Cafes and Bars is first class. It's also very hand that they are in the Qpark building and their is a special parking rate for guests. I cost us €15 for 24 hours which is good for Dublin. We booked it through booking.com though it lists it as free parking as well, so watch out for that.
We enjoyed our stay but, rooms are good size, rooms have bath with shower, and are clean.
They are let down a bit due to being dated, and could do with a refurb quite soon, loo roll holder missing in bathroom, metal cover over cistern coming off, basin cracked, bath enamel worn through and rusted in one place, and the wardrobes interior shelving is a bit rough round the edges.
Saying that you do have to weigh up location and price of under £70 a night. And the room does have air conditioning, big flat screen tv, tea and coffee.
Overall even with the refurb issues it can only be great value for the area.

• Stayed: May 2013
Michelle G, Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Hi Zaria123,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We do appreciate all the comments you made in the review both positive and negative.

We do hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel is very central to everything the city of Dublin has to offer. The staff are friendly & welcoming. The room was spacious & very clean. The bed was extremely comfortable especially the pillows! the bathroom was bright with both a shower & bath. Although there is no restaurant, we dined at the adjoining restaurant & enjoyed a lovely meal. This is also where we had breakfast which was plentiful & very tasty. Ther is also a lovely comfortable bar in the restaurant which could be great if there was some live music. I do think that a seating area at check-in is needed & checkout time is strict, but I will stay here again & rest my weary head on those lovely pillows!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Mary B,

Thank you very much for your positive review.

We are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay.

We do hope to see you again in the near future where you will now be able to experience the newly opened bar and restaurant.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

First off, the location is great, just behind St. Stephen's Green Shopping Centre, the location is in the center of a lot of restaurants, coffee shops, pubs as well as close to Grafton Street and the Green itself. It was a quiet area. The rooms and decor were dated, the bathrooms definitely in need of refurbishment with cracked tile floors and sink. The shower required a good 10 minutes to heat up - and on no account do not leave the bathroom door open. My friend turned on the shower early Saturday morning, left it to warm up, which it did, only to have the steam activate the heat/smoke detectors which set off the fire alarm. The beds were clean, the mattresses were good. There were in-room tea and coffee services but the supplies were never refilled or, in fact, fully stocked. During our visit the restaurant and lounge were closed for refurbishment, although no work had been done which lead me to question whether, in fact, there were any plans to refubish or whether the proprietors just decided that, due to the close proximity to good restaurants and bars, it wasn't worth while to keep open. For a short weekend stop it was fine.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Hi mswiseguy,

Thank you for your review.

I do appreciate your comments both positive and constructive.

The bar/restaurant has now been fully refurbished and has reopened.

We do hope you visit us again.

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I booked this on a spur of the moment idea to treat the wife to a night on the town.
Great location at back of St. Stephens Green shopping centre.
Very friendly staff on reception. Room was small but had everything one needs inc air conditioning.

Cant fault it at all at the price.

Hi EricIrl,

Thank you for your review and your positive feedback.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Title says it all - bed clearly slept in previously and not changed, despite house attempts to kid me otherwise. Receptionists reaction was underwhelming to the point that your couldn't help think this was not the first complaint about something similar.

Exchanged to new room two floors up - I can only assumed it was cleaned, or not, by the same house staff. Bath full of hairs, empty water bottles, spring, not for keeping warm, in cupboard.

Still waiting for several promises of manager 'Emma' to call. When you do Emma, if you do... or if you are reading this. All I would say is I am not fussy, I don't complain easily and I am the first to pass on compliments. I know what Travelodge is, a cheap budget chain, however there is one thing I would expect from you, your staff and the same of a manager and staff of a 5 star hotel; CLEANLINESS!

In short the rooms are shabby and the staff need to go on some kind of customer service course to get the basics. I accept guests can be a nightmare - in some cases they have every right to be.

I still want a refund, email me, call me or just send me my money back and we'll call it quits.

ps. Would be useful to put on your website that bar/restaurant not open too...!!?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Andrew M

Hi Andrew M,

We take complaints like this very seriously so please note 3 attempts were made to contact you on the mobile number you provided. I did not get an answer to each attempt and there was option for me to leave you a voice mail.

You can contact me on michelle.gaffney@travelodge.ie to discuss.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We checked out this morning after staying for 4 nights. The location is a close walk to Grafton Street (where we didn't spend much time) and a 4-5 block walk to Temple Bar and most public transit stops.

When we arrived, we had a queen sized bed and a random twin bed in the room. The twin bed was not made. I am particularly funny about seeing a bare hotel mattress and uncovered pillows. They were gross for lack of better word. The carpet had multiple dark stains and I was afraid to walk around without shoes on (even out of the shower).

If you're looking for a cheap (level above hostel) hotel, I'd say this is the higher end of the value. It seems to me, that for 15 euro more/night, it would be worth the substantial upgrade in quality.

Otherwise, bed was comfortable, shower had hot water, clean towels were provided daily, small TV worked (remote missing-though we didnt watch much) and free wi-fi in the lobby came in handy. I would not stay here again, but would recommend to the budget-conscious traveler looking simply for a bed at night.

Hi Cpelkey10,

Thank you taking the time to write your review.

I am sorry to read some aspects of this review and please be assured these points will be followed up on.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Wanted to be close to the ferry terminal for an early morning sailing to Holyhead, so we drove back to Dublin the day before , picking this travel lodge for its location , so we could have a day exploring Dublin .
The location is bang in the centre with a multi storey car park next door , discounted when Travel Lodge stamp your ticket .
It took just about fifteen minutes leisurely stroll to reach O'Connell street and the famous main post office .
The lodge is of the usual Travel Lodge standard and is nice and clean .

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle G, Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Stephens Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Hi John C,

Thank you for writing this review and for your positive feed back.

We hope you will visit us again in the future.