“Outstanding Value For Money”
Review of Ardmore Hotel

Ardmore Hotel
Ranked #99 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I've stayed here many times in recent years and will keep coming back. Quite simply it offers all round outstanding value for your hard earned money. The rooms are a good size, extremely comfortable and very clean. The staff are unfailingly polite and professional. Breakfast is a grand, unhurried start to the day and the bar food in the adjoining bar is sensibly priced and of a very good standard. The bus service into Dublin city centre is very convenient and helps you steer clear of the rather expensive taxi system. The secure underground car park is an added bonus. I've stayed at the Ardmore with several friends and all have been of the same opinion as me.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are probably the best if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Brian W
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you are happy with the service that you receive when you stay at the Ardmore Hotel and that your friends are too. Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and to give such a great mark for our services and staff. We very much look forward to your future visits and hope that you are equally as happy with your stay.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I like this hotel for the central position in Dublin with safe secure underground parking. The hotel is convenient for both ferry ports, Dublin Port, and Dunlargone, it is also not far from Dublin airport.
The staff make you feel a home and they serve simple bar food in the bar/restaurant where you receive 15% discount for being a resident guest.

Room Tip: All rooms seem fine to me, you may ask for a room at the back of the hotel away from the busy road b...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear Guest,
I am delighted to hear that the Ardmore Hotel met your needs and that you decided to return to stay with us again, I hope that you will do so again in the future. Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I will be sure to pass this onto the staff at the hotel as it is always nice to get feedback and does mean a lot to them.
I hope that you are in Dublin again soon and do come to stay with us.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

By far the lowest price of hotels I looked at online. Comfortable room, friendly staff. The 140 bus across the street and the 40 bus a block away go to city center in a few minutes. get a leap Card or else have exact change in coins for the bus. There is a Large Tesco grocery store a block away with everything you might need. A cab to the airport is less than 10 minutes and 19 Euro pre negotiated rate.The breakfast is not included which was fine for us as we just got some pastries and bread from Tesco and enjoyed the in room coffee and tea. Perfect!!!

2  Thank pvel

Dear Guest,
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Ardmore Hotel. Thank you for taking the time out to review the hotel and the services offered. I hope that it is not too long before you are able to return to Ireland for a holiday and that you come stay with us again. Perhaps this time you will get a rate that includes breakfast and it will save you a little walk to Tesco.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We last visited about 3 years ago and stayed here having got a good deal off the Ryanair site. We managed a 3 night stay with full option breakfast for cheaper than anything on Trivago which I usually use. The room excellent really clean. The iron didn't work and it was replaced within an hour, thankyou. If like us you don't mind the busses the 140 from O'Connell Street stops right outside. Glasnevin cemetery with all its history is 5 mins walk away. Pheonix Park is about a half hour walk. The park if a necessity if you like your walking and if you're lucky you'll see the herds of wild deer. Breakfast was really good, choice of cereals, fresh and tinned fruit, natural and potted yoghurt, mini Danish, white & brown bread, cheese, very tasty ham and fruit juices for your Continental. If you want the full there is a choice of eggs on request, bacon, sausage, black & white pudding, mushrooms and beans.
The only negative was the fried eggs had been left on a hot plate to long and the whites were crisp and the yellows had a skin round.
The staff were very welcoming and helpful.
If you can ask for room 201/301/401 they are corner rooms with two walls of half windows. To the right you get a good view of the mountains.
Highly recommend.

2  Thank Lincoln_PETE7904
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for returning to the Ardmore Hotel for a second visit. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you got to visit the Phoenix Park and the Glasnevin Museum whilst you were here. It is good to hear that you got a deal and that you would recommend the hotel and the breakfast. I hope that you return again to Dublin and that you visit our hotel again.
Kindest Regards,

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Stayed here on 25th May 2014 in room 214 for 1 night as we were attending a concert at Croke Park. On arrival receptionist was very cheery when checking us in. Room was spotless clean, modern and had tea/coffee making facilities. Bathroom was spotless clean with lovely fresh, clean towels. We were unsure of where to go and about using taxis or public transport but receptionist told us exactly where and what bus to get and to ask driver to tell us what stop we wanted off at. Bus stops 5 mins away from hotel for both directions. On return to hotel at night i had a lovely hot bath, water temperature on side tap. Lovely deep bath, plenty hot water that just set me up for a great nights sleep in hotel. Receptionist helpful when checking us out in morning and called us a taxi for airport.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit for the Concert, I hope that it was a good performance, we are as you say ideally located for anyone that is attending events in Croke Park. I will pass your nice comments on to the staff at the hotel who will be glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that if you are coming to Dublin for another concert or just for a visit that you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Ate my dinner here yesterday (Sunday 1st May) at about 5pm my partner and I sat down with our food and we immediately regretted going to the Ardmore for dinner. There was kids running everywhere screaming and going crazy and there were packs of people blocking certain parts of the floor with there chairs. We decided to just eat our food and go but then we discovered our food was stone cold. Wether your the first person up to the car very of the last your food should be hot.

We immediately said it to a waiter passing by and he was ever so nice his name was Sean and he went and said this to the manager and offered us a fresh portion. At this stage we wanted to leave so we nicely declined he even offered us some dessert and was really apologetic and professional about the matter. That been said the management need to be more strict on kids running around and throwing things. My wife got hit in the leg with a cube of ice by a unsupervised child. We believe in the saying "don't knock it till you try it" so we gave it a chance but we will never return to the Ardmore again.

1  Thank Nathan C

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Carvery, even though you didnt enjoy your experience I am delighted to see that you felt that the staff were very helpful and professional. Our Carvery offer of Two Adults and Two Children for €20.00 is extremely attractive and does encourage families to visit the hotel, unfortunately as with all establishments the only thing that the Staff or Management can do is return the unsupervised child to their parents. We have Security Staff on duty so that all unsupervised children spotted are returned to their table as soon as possible. With regards to people blocking the floor, it was an extremely busy Sunday that you had your meal with us, families do move the tables and chairs so that they can sit together, I am sorry that this made you feel crowded. I am sorry to hear that you will not return to the Carvery on a Sunday again, we do have a very attractive bar menu running every evening until 10pm, which doesnt encourage as many families, perhaps you might give that a try.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Yes nice place to lay your tired head,clean and comfortable.Bar and restaurant downstairs but built in such a way that you never hear the noise from the rooms.Ice machine on all levels and sweet/crisp machine on all levels.underground safe parking and friendly staff...what more could a body want;-)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank zorbothegreek

Dear Guest,
Thank you for reviewing the Ardmore Hotel, I am delighted that you found the hotel to be to your liking and that it was as you say Nice Clean and Private.
I hope that you return to Dublin again soon and that you choose to visit the Ardmore Hotel again.