“Nice good value hotel”
Review of Ardmore Hotel

Ardmore Hotel
Ranked #97 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed her for one night recently as we were attending an event nearby. The hotel was great value for the night. The room was comfortable & had everything we needed for our short stay. We were on the 4th floor & the corridor leading down to our room was a bit worse from wear especially the carpet & it smelt musty, and thankfully this did not follow through to our room. We had breakfast the next morning & it was good. There was a decent selection & the staff were very friendly & service was efficent. There was secure underground parking. I would consider this hotel again as its great value for money.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear your comments regarding the corridor on the 4th floor. The hotel is relatively new and we pride ourselves on maintaining high standards of cleanliness in all areas of the hotel. I can assure you that it is very unusual to hear comments such as yours and and I would like to thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. As you have mentioned, there is free and secure underground car parking available for all overnight guests. This is a great amenity for those who wish to explore Dublin City by public transport. The hotel is located a mere 15 minute bus journey from Dublin's City Centre and there is a bus stop conveniently located right across the street from the hotel.

Thank you once again for taking the time to review Ardmore Hotel.I am delighted to hear that you would consider staying here again and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We sayed at this hotel in Sep. We got verry good price for the hotel-we had 5 rooms. The rooms were nice and clean and quite spacious.

We took the bus the first day in to the senter-but found out that the busses drove by as they were filled up-so we had to wait for a while. Buisy weekend a lot of ameircans there.

We tried the pub at the hotel-and found it a lot of fun.
We altso tried the restaurant--no reccomandations there. It seemed like they were in shock when 11 People wished Food. They didnt have enough so we had to pick what`they had. The Food was under average-it seemed like they were trying to stretch for a Level they couldn`t manage.

We wished wehad eaten at the pub instead.

This hotel has a good value and nice rooms. We enjoyed our stay. and like to reccomed it to friends.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Ardmore Hotel. I am sorry to hear your comments about the hotel's restaurant and I would like to thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. In general, we advise groups of more than 5 people to book in advance in order to ensure we have enough staff on duty to cater for the needs of our guests. On a positive note, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meal in our Premier Bar and even more delighted to hear that you would recommend us to your friends. Thank you once again for posting your comments. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

€20 for 2 Adults and 2 kids at the moment for Sunday Cavery! Choices of Turkey, Beef, Bacon and Salmon. Why would you bother cooking a sunday family lunch at this price. Excellent value in my opinion, going back next sunday!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JamesHBristol
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your lunch in our Premier Bar. As you have mentioned, we are currently running a special offer on our Sunday Carvery. Two adults and two children can enjoy a Sunday lunch for the fantastic price of just €20. Don't forget that we also run special offers Monday-Saturday until 4pm such as a tea/coffee plus a dessert of your choice for just €4. Thank you once again for your kind comments. I look forward to welcoming you back next Sunday.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is apleasanr hotel, with a nice bar rea serving food. The staff were pleasant and attentive and teh server explanined a number of items on the menu. Choose a hamburger without a bun which was freshly cooked and well garnished. The service was prompt and the food was flavoursome. This was ideal for a quick snack at lunch hour, and it seems that the hotel is very poular with locals always a good sign. Parking was free and I will be back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GERARD D
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your lunch in the hotel's Premier Bar. Currently, there are a number of special offers running Monday to Saturday until 4pm such as Tea/Coffee plus a Soup and Sandwich Combo at the fantastic price of just €6 per person. Thank you once again for taking the time to review Ardmore Hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel Monday 21 Jan. Booked at the last minute literally, 5 o clock in the evening. Got a double room price 38 euro . Lovely girl at reception we told her we would be checking out at 6 15 the next morning. My wife asked was it possible to get some tea and toast in the morning it was no problem . It was delivered at six and their was no charge, nice touch, we had some bar food although it was not fine dining it was cheap and filling for a cold January night. The rooms were clean and warm, comfortable bed , clean sheets. Plus free underground car parking , would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and would stay here again. By the by all the staff were very friendly

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank newryman
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Ardmore Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed on your kind comments to the staff as it is always nice to receive such positive feedback. As you have mentioned, there is free underground car parking available for all overnight guests. The hotel is a mere 15 minute bus journey from Dublin's City Centre. Thank you once again for posting your review. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We arrived at the Ardmore at about 8:00am after 22 hours of being at airports and in planes. We expected to leave our bags and go wander for several hours until check-in. We were immediately checked in to our room and were able to get about 6 hours of very necessary sleep. Thank you for that! We were close to the elevators but it was very quiet. The room was nice and clean. The staff was terrific. We were a little farther from town than what I would have liked and we spent too much time every day either waiting for a bus or riding on the bus and we had to leave the downtown area earlier than what we wanted so we could catch the last bus at 11pm. My only complaint would be that the beds are so uncomfortable that neither my husband or I could sleep for more than about an hour at a time. I even spent a few hours every night sitting in the chair because my back could not tolerate lying down. I can only recall a few hotel beds that have been worse. If you are the type of person who can sleep anywhere, this is a great hotel for you. If you need some comfort while sleeping, you may want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 32mnykids
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Ardmore Hotel. We always appreciate hearing the opinions of our guests. Normal check in time is 2pm, however, we always try to accommodate early arrivals to the best of our ability as we know how important it is to get settled after a long flight. The hotel is located a mere 15 minute bus journey from Dublin's City Centre and buses run every 20 minutes. There is a bus stop conveniently located right across the street from the hotel. The matresses in the hotel are all quite new so I am sorry to hear that you did not find yours comfortable. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I am just now getting around to writing a review of this hotel from our vacation in May 2012. The staff was very courteous and professional. We arrived too early to check in but they let us park our car rental in the secure parking. The rooms were clean and comfortable. It is a little out of the way, but close to the bus stop. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mandy S
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Ardmore Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. As you have mentioned, there is free and secure underground parking available to all overnight guests of the hotel. The hotel is a mere 15 minute bus journey from Dublin's City Centre and the bus stop is conveniently located right across the street from the hotel. Dublin Bus tickets can be purchased from the hotel's Front Desk. Thank you once again for your kind comments. I hope to welcome you back to visit us very soon.