“No complaints at all”

Ardmore Hotel
Ranked #95 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
“No complaints at all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Ardmore hotel for two nights. The hotel was very clean and tidy, staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and always said hello to us each morning. The room was very spacious and clean, bathroom was big also. Tea and coffee facilities, iron and ironing board in room which was an extra bonus. Bed was really comfy so much so found it hard to get up in the morning. Really could not fault the staff and the hotel at all. Hotel is about 20 minutes by bus to the town centre (temple bar) and buses are frequent so access into town is easy. I would certainly recommend staying at this hotel it is way above average. Made our break extra special. Would certainly come back and stay again.

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank Katamanda31
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Ardmore Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. All rooms include complimentary toiletries, tea and coffee making facilities, an iron, an ironing board and a hair-dryer.

I would like to thank you once again for your kind comments. I hope to welcome you back to Ardmore Hotel very soon.

Donna Curry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Belfast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed one overnight at the Ardmore. The room was pre paid on a voucher supplied when we renewed our house insurance, so we cannot comment on the value for money of the accommodation, although other reviewers seem to find it good value. We travelled from Belfast by car and the Hotel is easily found just south of Junction 5 on the M50., which is itself, close to the M1 exit from Belfast. Car parking is free in an underground park below the Hotel and behind electric gates. I suppose we just wondered if this security was needed in the area but at least reassuring.

Reception staff were helpful and our room, decent size and bright and clean. We ate in the Hotel and had a look first at the bar - but thought it was a bit dark and not very atmospheric. We ate in the restaurant and had a nicely presented, good value meal served by pleasant staff. We also opted for a room breakfast, again good quality and served on time.

The Hotel is located in an area of housing developments, North of the City centre and we suppose the Hotel surroundings could not be called exactly green and beautiful, but not really a surprise for a suburban location. The plus side is the easy access by car and we saw the frequent and convenient bus service to the front door, again mentioned by other reviewers. So a convenient, practical, good value Hotel. We would certainly use it again for its convenience to the Sports grounds, the Airport, Dublin itself, or the attractive little sea side towns on the North side, not far away, like Malahide and Donabate that we visited on our drive home.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments. We really value the feedback we receive from guests. As you have mentioned, the hotel offers complimentary underground parking to all guests. I am delighted to hear that you found the staff to be pleasant and helpful. The Premier bar serves food 7 days a week and guests of the hotel can avail of a 15% discount off all bar food. This offer excludes breakfast and beverages. There is live music in the bar every Saturday and Sunday night. The Cream Restaurant is open every Friday and Saturday night and we would advise guests to book in advance.

Thank you once again for taking the time to review Ardmore Hotel. I hope to welcome you and your wife back very soon.

Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

105 Euro for 2 nights. If you are looking for a good hotel that is outside of the center of Dublin consider this one. The staff were pleasant and helped us with bus tickets and calling a cab to the airport. The rooms were good and clean. Really no complaints here. Tesco is right around the corner, too. I went there to buy some fresh bread, meats and cheese instead of purchasing their breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing Ardmore Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff were pleased to hear that you found them to be friendly and helpful. It is always nice to receive such positive feedback. The hotel is located a mere 15 minute bus journey from the City Centre and as you have mentioned, Dublin Bus tickets can be purchased from the Front Desk. The Front Desk staff are always happy to help with enquiries and are available to book wake up calls and taxis for guests. Breakfast is served daily in the hotel. Perhaps you will try our breakfast the next time you stay with us? A Continental Breakfast costs just €8.50 and there is a wide range of options including pastries, fresh fruit, cheeses and cold meats. By adding just €1 extra, guests can enjoy a hot food option form our breakfast menu and this includes dishes such as a Traditional Full Irish, Grilled Waffles and Porridge.

Thank you once again for your kind comments. I hope to welcome you back to Ardmore Hotel very soon.

ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed for two nights at the Ardmore on a business trip. B&B for the Friday and Saturday worked out at €134. Not bad when you consider there were two big sporting events in Dublin that weekend.

The staff had excellent customer focus and were very attentive. I had meals in the bar on both evenings and would rate the food as about average on quality and price. Frozen chips I'm afraid let both meals down - especially the steak. The peppercorn sauce was way too salty and inedible but the steak was cooked to perfection.

The room was large enough for my needs though I wouldn't really like to have stayed for a holiday break as it became a little stifling after a while.

Plus side of the hotel:
1. Staff
2. Comfortable
3. Clean (I'm a stickler for this)
4. Price
5. Bar area
6. The room was as requested - in a quiet part of the hotel

Negative side:
1. Frozen chips
2. Far too warm - it felt as if the heating was on all day and night. I had to sleep with the window open both nights.
3. Public transport to the city - I waited 40 minutes for a bus on a Friday afternoon and was late for an appointment. That said I took ataxi back for €11 which I think was reasonable for rush hour.
4. There's nothing really in the area if you are a tourist so bus/taxi/car is essential.

Overall, I was happy with mybooking and woudl stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room as there is a bar with music Saturday night. The walls seem very thin too.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Ardmore Hotel. Your feedback is very important to us. I have noted your comments regarding the food you had at the hotel. I would like to offer you an apology and assure you that this is not a regular occurrence at Ardmore Hotel. The 140 and 40D buses to Dublin's City Centre go from the bus stop across the street and are very regular. Popular tourist attractions such as Croke Park and Botanic Gardens are both located close to the hotel and Glasnevin Museum is within walking distance of the hotel. I am delighted that you found the staff to be friendly and that you would stay with us again in the future.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Ardmore Hotel very soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

I booked the Ardmore because it was cheap so I didn't expect much more than a bed and a shower.
But when I got there I was actually speechless for a moment. I don't usually travel the fancy way, so for me this was something special...

The rooms are extremely nice.
We had a TV, Ironing board, huge closet, nice view, huge comfortable bed, extra blankets in case you need them, free WiFi, very luxurious bathroom with free towels every day and a large bathtub.

The hotel has a lift, a restaurant (though that one is actually quite expensive so we never went there), a bar and 24h reception.
For those who have a car, there is also free parking.

It is a bit far from city center (20mins in the bus) but the bus stop is right across the street.

The staff was very nice and helpful, giving directions and all in all just trying to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

The only downside is, that, even though the reception is staffed all night, you can't get out after midnight, unless someone unlocks the door for you. So if you want to pop out for a cigarette, you need to wait for someone to unlock the door and then ring the bell to be let back in... but that's fine I guess.

Would definitely book again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Magdalena B
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Ardmore Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. The Cream Restaurant is open Friday and Saturday evenings and we are currently running a special 'Wine & Dine' offer. This offer includes a bottle of red or white house wine and a three course meal for two people with tea or coffee and costs just €59. Guests can also avail of a 15% disount off all bar food. This offer excludes breakfast and beverages and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. As you have mentioned, there is free underground car parking available at the hotel. The bus journey from the hotel to Dublin's City Centre is a mere 15 minutes and the bus stop is located right across the road from the hotel. A single fare costs €2.15 per person and exact change is needed. A selection of Dublin Bus tickets are available for sale at the Front Desk.

Once again I would like to thank you for your kind comments. I hope to welcome you back to Ardmore Hotel very soon.

Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

The Ardmore is 2-3 miles north of Dublin center and about 4-5 from airport. It is not on an airport bus route, taxi cost about €18, but it is on regular bus routes into town and the fare is only €2-15 and the journey takes less than 15 minutes. It is a modern building in a clean area, reasonably priced and staffed by extremely helpful, cheerful people for whome nothing is too much trouble. The bedrooms are well furnished, bathrooms have decent sized baths ( I am over 6 ft.) with good showers over. Tea/Coffee making facilities are replenished every day. The main restaurant is only open week-ends but the large bar/breakfast room caters for meals , being a midweek guest I found the meals adequate and very good value. In all the hotel was completely satisfactory, no 'minus's'. and would certainly use it again if visiting Dublin

Room Tip: If you enjoy having a window open a room facing the rear might be advisable.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank elliven_9
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Ardmore Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed your kind comments onto the staff as it is always great to receive such positive feedback. As you have mentioned, the hotel is located a mere 15 minute drive from Dublin Airport. The bus service from the hotel to Dublin's City Centre is very regular and the bus stop is located right across the street from the hotel.

I would like to thank you again for posting your comments.The opinions of our guests mean a great deal to us. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

We had 2 rooms on the top (5th) floor of this hotel. We stayed for 5 days. The rooms are spacious and clean with everything you could ask for (ironing board, hairdryer etc). Including, luckily, an ice machine in the corridor outside. Lucky because it was VERY hot in our rooms and a bit noisy with the windows open as it's on main road. However this does mean it's easy to get into the city by bus and the hotel has free parking. Food is quite pricey but that's Ireland as a whole really - try the Tesco 5 mins up the road for cheap breakfast! Agree about bar being short staffed - we had a long wait for food. Also apparently children are not allowed in the bar after 7.30 which could be a problem as it's the only area serving food from Mon-Fri. There is no notice anywhere about this and our kids were still in the bar eating at 8.30 but I did see some other people get kicked out (quite rudely) with their kids.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back may be quieter?
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ArdmoreDublin, General Manager at Ardmore Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Ardmore Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. All rooms include an iron, an ironing board, a hairdryer and complimentary tea and coffee making facilities. If guests find the rooms to be too hot then complimentary fans are available upon request from the Front Desk. Breakfast is served from 7am-10am during the week and from 7am-11am at the weekends. Guests can opt for a Continental Breakfast which costs just €8.50 and this includes a wide range of choices including fresh croissants, yogurts, fruit juices and cereals. By adding a €1 supplement, guests can enjoy a dish from our hot food breakfast menu such as a Full Irish Breakfast or a portion of Grilled Waffles. Thank you again for taking the time to review the hotel. Your opinions and suggestions mean a great deal to us as we seek to improve and maintain our standards.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Donna Curry
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown
Maples House Hotel
Maples House Hotel
#99 of 153 in Dublin
Metro Hotel Dublin Airport

Been to Ardmore Hotel? Share your experiences!