“First Visit to Bach 16”

Cuisines: Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I visited the restaurant at 5pm in the evening. I was more than surprised at the service and the friendliness. I will definately return to this restaurant. They even kept our bottle of wine chilled while we were there. The food was excellant too. I will without doubt return to this restaurant. Well done to all concerned.

Josephine Maher.

1  Thank Maher413

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I was excited to visit this newly opened wine bar, I think there is a need for an establishment of this kind in this part of town. The owner Caroline was so friendly and extremely welcoming, we had meat platters which were so tasty and the portion size was just right, we also appreciated the meat:ratio, I usually find there is never enough. I would like to see the wine menu extended but the wine we sampled was excellent. I would highly recommend going here but make sure you check their opening hours, I went to go back here on a Wednesday evening and they were closed by 8, which I found a bit odd for a wine bar! I really hope they make a success of this place.

1  Thank Feehyland186605
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Visited Bach 16 with done friends and family and was extremely impressed with everything about the place!

Their wine menu offers great variety and value. Don't worry if you don't know what you're looking for, the owners are more than willing to lend a hand and give some recommendations.

We ordered as a group and shared around all of our plates, and this worked out better as we got to try everything on the menu. Nothing too extravagant, but everything was very tasty, and presented nicely in a very timely fashion. The evening passed very calmly as food continued to be served throughout and everyone shared and chatted freely.

Do not expect this to be a starter main course style evening, but that is what is great about it. With that type of formality removed, and the environment that they have crated in Bach 16, one can have a laid back night out with food and drinks, in a really cool place.

From the rustic stone wall interior, lively music and intimate seeing, to the superb and personal service we received, I'll definitely be visiting Bach 16 again!! Thanks to Caroline And her team for a superb evening!

1  Thank Daniel L
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We walked into Bach 16, just hoping for a coffee and a chat, and we got an enchanting experience! Ed and Caroline, the owners, are absolutely lovely and sat and chatted with us for ages. Their wine knowledge is incredible and they are so giving. We had lovely conversation and a glorious evening! Unfortunately we could only stay for appetizers, but the presentation of a simple hummus plate was elaborate and beautiful. The wine, conversation and food was amazing! I will definitely be Bach.

1  Thank Polly S
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Was walking past, in the mood for a little wine and bite to eat and had to choose here. The exterior is really inviting with a little terrace area at the front with outdoor seating. Just chose a snack from the menu and a bottle of New Zealand wine. Service was top notch, location is great to watch the world go by and the food and drink was wonderful. Will return to sample more of the menu!

1  Thank WanderlustDC88