“Great hotel”

Ranked #5 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Purley
“Great hotel”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We were more than satisfied with our stay at the Croke Park Hotel. The room was spacious, well equipped, clean and comfortable. The room was serviced daily with fresh towels and clean linen whenever requested, The staff were all very friendly, courteous and helpful.We bought breakfast vouchers for our stay and we were impressed with the variety of food on offer and the service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Linda O
Sean R, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Linda O,

I am delighted to read your lovely comments on your recent stay with us. Thank you for your kind words on our all our departments, from housekeeping to the kitchen.

We look forward to welcoming back soon and hopefully you will make The Croke Park Hotel a home away from home whilst in Dublin.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

sean_reid@doylecollection.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wotton-under-edge
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Lived up to its rating, with the most helpful, nicest, friendliest but professional staff throughout the hotel. A travel club offer that really ticked all the boxes for value and star rating
The ambiance was excellent, a good mix of clients, couples, business and families as well as locals in the bar in the evening. Food was worth staying in for and after touring the city, and the bay both days it was great to eat in and relax. Well worth it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Helen M
Sean R, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Helen M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. One aspect of the business we strive to ensure is genuine, warm and constant is our welcome. On this occasion it is evident that the team passed with flying colours.

We look to hopefully welcoming you back soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Very clean and comfortable hotel with excellent service. My husband and daughter were ill upon arrival and spent 3 days ordering room service. Unfortunately we didn't get to venture out but this would be a great spot for events across the road at the stadium. Very comfortable room and free wifi & parking! Will be back

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank javalata
Dear javalata,

Many thanks for your review on your recent stay with us. I am delighted you found our location perfect. Close to the city centre to enjoy a good nights peaceful sleep and also only 9km from Dublin Airport.

I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back soon,

Seattle, WA
Reviewed February 5, 2014

This hotel is literally across the street from the Croke Park Stadium, so the location is great if you're attending a game or concert. The hotel was great and has a large bar/lounge area with a huge TV screen. The rooms were comfortable and we were able to walk back from restaurants, etc.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank RiaBee
Dear RiaBee,

Thank you for taking the time you post your review regarding your recent stay with us at The Croke Park Hotel. I am delighted you found our location and service satisfactory.

Please so not hesitate to contact me directly before your next visit to Dublin as I would like to welcome you back personally.

Best wishes,

Hoedspruit, South Africa
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Just completed 3 nights at the Croke Park, lovely large rooms, wonderfully cleaned and amazing service from all the staff, nothing is ever to much for them.
The food in the bar is great and wonderful place to meet business colleagues for a quick meal and meeting.
Will most definitely stay here when next in Dublin

Room Tip: Try the Sam Suite
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank bushbaby2014
Dear bushbaby2014,

I would like to sincerely thank you for your kind review on your recent stay with us at The Croke Park Hotel. I am delighted you found The Sideline Bar so welcoming and the food of a high quality, I will ensure to pass these comments onto the team.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly before your next visit and I will ensure all hospitalities are extended.

Warm regards,

Northop Hall, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a 2 night stay with my boyfriend and I cant recommend this hotel enough. We arrived very early (8am) and just expected to leave our bags as check in wasn't until 2pm but they had a room ready for us and hot towels to warm us up! The rooms are a great size with everything you could need, bathrooms are large and modern with a separate bath and shower. We didnt have breakfast included so I cant comment on the food. The concierge was extremely helpful in giving us information about getting around and we bought the hop on hop off tickets from the hotel at a reduced rate. These are valid for 2days so its great value for money. There is a free shuttle bus which goes from the hotel into the city but to use this you have to purchase the hop on hop off tickets. We walked both into and from the city in about 20 minutes on a couple of occasions and didnt find the area a problem as some people have said in their reviews. If I visit Dublin again which I hope I do then I will definitely be booking this hotel for my stay!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wendym9855
Dear wendym9855,

Thank you kindly for your review on The Croke Park Hotel. Our renowned concierge department really do try to go the extra mile, it is fantastic that you recognised this.

I hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

www.doylecollection.com/crokepark
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I spent two nights here for business. My company chose the hotel, and I was not thrilled with the location when I looked on a map. However, the hotel completely won me over. It was so comfortable, and the staff was so kind. I slept great. The room was large, and bathroom modern (and enormous by European standards). The breakfast was fabulous; it is so generous that it can be breakfast and lunch. I ate dinner two nights in the bar as I didn't want to go back out in the windy rain, and both meals were very reasonable and very good (fish & chips one night and butternut squash soup with sandwich the other). You can walk into town in about 15 minutes - there is probably a bus, but I chose walking to help with my jet-lag. I had two tiny problems which the hotel addressed in under 2 minutes on both occasions. It's right across the street from a gigantic stadium, so beware of that. I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to anyone, except maybe if there is something happening at the stadium.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Samantha74137
Dear Samantha74137,

I would like to sincerely thank you for your lovely comments on The Croke Park Hotel. I am delighted you would recommend us and the kitchen team are especially thrilled with your positive comments on the food.

I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back soon.