“My second visit and still a great hotel”
Review of The Croke Park

The Croke Park
Ranked #5 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I think this hotel is fantastic. I have just returned home from my second stay there. The rooms are very clean, big and beds extremely comfortable and warm. The bathrooms are large with a separate shower and bath. The smellies provided are lovely and a proper hair dryer is provided to use.

The gym is a great little gym with everything you need for a good cardio workout with decent free weights, machines and fitballs etc.

Breakfast at croake park is faultless. Full Irish breakfast, toast, cereals, continental and fresh fruit are all in offer, something for everyone.

It is a walk into the city, about 15 minutes but we walked it everyday and it's nice to look around. Easy enough to get the bus or taxis though if need be.

The staff are friendly and can't do enough to help. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sean R, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Dear Bellamie16,

Thank you for your most favourable comments regarding your recent stay with us at The Croke Park Hotel.

Our fantastic housekeeping team are very proud of the standard of the bedrooms and have recently won the IASI "Accommodation Olympics" for 2013.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon and please do not hesitate to contact me in advance.

sean_reid@doylecollection.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4,765)

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed at this hotel between Christmas and New Year and were very impressed. Hotel is very clean, rooms are specious and light. Staff is very helpful and friendly. There is gym on site, free WI FI, hotel is only 10 min away from city centre and very easy to get to and from airport. Recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Katia P

Dear Katia P,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us at The Croke Park Hotel over New Year! Our guests do indeed find our location perfect. Close to the city centre to ejoy a good nights peaceful sleep and also only 9km from Dublin Airport.

I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed January 5, 2014

My partner and I stayed here for four days in December 2013 and might I say this is what a hotel should be like! We were presented with fantastic staff who were willing to answer any question posed before them, a wonderfully presented room with a double and single bed (which allowed us to place our bags on them and allowed more space around the room!) and the bathroom was magnificent! It is the first time I have had a bath and enjoyed it in a hotel! For a fitness couple, the gym was great for a hotel standard, even offering some weights! Finally, the breakfast each morning was wonderful! We had breakfast included our first day and then paid 10 euros for each morning there after for a full Irish breakfast, definitely filled up for the day eating there! Which was good as the walk to Dublin city was about 20 minutes away which was very comfortable and easy. I was definitely impressed with the hotel and would recommend for others to stay as well.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lorri_ann_77
Sean R, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear lorri_ann_77,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Croke Park Hotel. I am delighted you found the hotel excellent, especially the rooms and breakfast. The greatest advertising we can aspire to is that of word-of-mouth from satisfied customers.

Our guest feedback is very important to the overall running of our hotel and affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and service. I can thus personally assure you that the feedback you have provided us will definitely assist my team in becoming better at what we do.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly before your next visit and I will ensure all hospitalities are extended.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for one night only unfortunately it was fantastic! stayed in a delux room which was perfect , all the common areas bars, restaurant, bistro and reception were spotlessly clean and furnished to a high standard. All staff were very friendly and helpful. The food in the resturante was excellent and plenty of choice The breakfast had lots of choice and very enjoyable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Dublin

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear BernieW29,

Thank you for your fantastic comments on your recent stay with us here at The Croke Park Hotel.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly before your next visit and I will ensure that the stay is just as wonderful as you have come to expect.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 4, 2014

The hotel markets itself as a high standard. Unfortunately the food standard was very poor and the bar/bistro staff lacked training. They were not vigilant or professional. They were however very friendly and willing, just not very capable.

During my one week stay I tried three meals, the remainder I chose to eat out.

1. Two Steaks was so dry they were inedible - Given numerous apologies and a two tickets to Guinness Storehouse. Hey mistakes happen, I gave them another chance.

2. Played it carefully and tried a bar snack - Cheese and pickle sandwich. I was expecting Irish soda bread with Kerrygold butter and a good Irish cheese! I got sliced white bread with no pickle, no presentation.

3. After avoiding the hotel food for the rest of the week we found it convenient to eat there on our
last night. I chose Scampi - Again poor quality lacking taste.

Very disappointed - but on the upside we got very fit walking the 20 each day to get our breakfast each day.

Room Tip: Avoid inner rooms with no view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Trudy G,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at The Croke Park Hotel. I am most disappointed to read the issues you experienced.

I would like to sincerely apologise for the incidents that occurred and would be grateful if you could contact me directly to discuss the matter.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed January 4, 2014

These reviews don't lie. A TOP hotel only 15-20 minute walk from O'Connell Street. Staff are brilliant, rooms are brilliant, facilities are brilliant and get some amazing Irish food from the restaurant. Can't recommend highly enough!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear neimcloughlin,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Your fantastic comments have really delighted the entire team here at The Croke Park Hotel, especially our kitchen team.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

My family required two family rooms. We requested adjoining rooms but arrived early so that could not be accommodated. However getting two huge spotless rooms at 1pm only a few steps from each other was great. The breakfast was self service but substantial. The coffees teas and hot chocolates were served in huge pots to the table with loads of hot toast. The bar is on the expensive side but the staff are excellent friendly and professional. From start to finish brilliant service. Full marks

Stayed: December 2013

Dear Dub71_8 ,

I am trilled you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us here at The Croke Park Hotel. Our housekeeping staff take particular pride in our rooms and they will be delighted to hear your wonderful comments.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.