“Hidden Treasure”
Review of The Croke Park

The Croke Park
Ranked #5 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Croke Park Hotel, Dublin for 2 nights. Brilliant! Friendly staff and a good choice of food in the restaurant made for an excellent stay. They could not do enough to make your stay memorable. I especially was taken by the delicious hot chocolate served in the bar if you did not want to face the formality of the main restaurant. The huge TV screen at the end of the bar, in the lounge with a feature flame fire under it, all made for a cosy stay - Clean rooms with comfortable beds made for a really memorable trip and I would stay here again if given the opportunity. Thank you Croke for making this a great stay.

Room Tip: This hotel is not in the main run of hotels, it is about a 15 minute walk from Connolly Street, but...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank chrissy_alexsmith
Sean R, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear chrissy_alexsmith,

Thank you for your fantastic review of The Croke Park Hotel. I am delighted the team here made your stay memorable and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Sean

sean_reid@doylecollection.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4,767)

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Stayed in the hotel through Secret escapes and the package which made it very good value for money. Reception was quick and easy. Bit robotic and lacking in personality though.

Delux Room Large and comfortable. Bathroom clean and great to have a bath which was taken advantage of. Normal tea/coffee making facilities. Good breakfast with a very good continental spread.

Executive Lounge was a major disappointment. Asked what is provided and was told Snacks, fruit, Juices, tea/coffee. Went in to check it out and looks comfortable, but no snacks only a big basket of fruit. Coffee/tea machine was broken. Fridges were full of big open jugs of milk. One jug with orange juice and bottles of water. Only snack that finally appeared were disgusting home made cookies..burnt. Advised that cookies is the only snack ever provided. Something that should have added that little bit extra, just rubbish. Very easy to make better and more appealing. Only other gripes were the sink in the room being very slow to drain, reported...nothing done about it. Window in room left open by housekeeping staff. Not the best arriving back to a freezing cold room at midnight. Generally though feeling and attitude from the staff was positive and that it was a one off.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sean R, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Dear KollieH,

I would sincerely like to thank you for having taken the time to complete your detailed review regarding your recent visit to The Croke Park Hotel. I certainly appreciate receiving all feedback which affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and services. I was however most disappointed to learn of the poor service you experienced in our Executive Lounge. I would greatly welcome the opportunity to personally discuss this further with you personally, as this would further assist me in carrying out the necessary corrective action.

Again, I greatly appreciate your feedback, as it will assist my team in becoming better at what we do. As is the case with all businesses, the greatest advertising we can aspire to is that of word-of-mouth from satisfied customers.

It is my desire to retain you as a satisfied customer and I hopefully look forward to being able to restore your faith in us. Please contact me personally before your next visit to the Croke Park Hotel.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We just had a long weekend away staying here, and managed to get an insanely good deal on what turned out to be a really amazing hotel. Would definitely come back again... The breakfast was awesome, and the staff were very polite and helpful with us inexperienced travellers.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank kardia1805

Dear Kardia1805,

Please allow me the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete your most kind Tripadvisor review regarding your recent stay with us here at The Croke Park Hotel.

As a member of The Doyle Collection, our Proud values are that we meet every guest with a smile, a greeting and an enquiry, we care about the well-being of our guests and actively look for opportunities of how to enhance their experience.

I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

The staff was quite friendly and helpful. The facilities are clean and in good repair. No complaints. It is a bit removed from the center of things, but it is probably priced accordingly. It was a solid 15 - 20 minute walk to the beginning of the sights folks want to see. Breakfasts were adequate European style buffets. Overall, I would recommend it, but it is not a stellar property.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, especially if the stadium (across the street) is active.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Family_of_Five_DC

Dear Family_of_Five_DC,

I would sincerely like to thank you for having taken the time to complete your review regarding your recent visit to The Croke Park Hotel. I certainly appreciate receiving all feedback which affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and services.

Sitting close to both Dublin city centre and the airport, The Croke Park Hotel is one of the most popular hotels in Dublin, with fresh, spacious, contemporary interiors, luxurious bedrooms, a tempting bistro and bar, a hotel business centre and three meeting rooms.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed for a weekend whilst I visited Trinity College and we did a bit of sight seeing. The staff were friendly and the room was spotless - I would never have a bath at a hotel but it was literally spotless so I decided to have one (which was lovely!) It's close enough to the centre and I would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear mc-francais-irlandai,

I cannot thank you enough for your most humbling review. I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was in perfect order. It means a great deal to me and the team to read such good reviews and has given us all a great boost.

Please feel free and visit your home away from home at any time!

It would be a pleasure to personally look after any further bookings.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

We’ve recently spent a long weekend at the Croke Park Hotel, we arrived a little before checking in time and although there wasn’t anything available the staff did everything they could to find us a room. We left our bags and went for a stroll. Upon our return we were checked into our room which was excellent. It was a huge room with ample space for clothes, bags and substantial lighting which was great. The bathroom was huge and extremely clean, you can tell the staff takes pride in their work and the cleaners ought to receive a bonus. The beds are large and comfortable and everything is changed and cleaned daily. Every morning you’re greeted friendly by all staff, the buffet is amazing! There is literally everything you can want and more. The service is swift and friendly and we couldn't get enough of it. The bar area was modern and comfortable. The fire/TV lounging area was great and the gym the right size. Overall a wonderful experience. Exceptional service. Great food. Great city. Great time.

2  Thank UKworldtrotters

Dear UKworldtrotters,

We were truly delighted that you appreciated the timely, gracious and genuine service extended by our team members. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with thoughtful and intuitive service delivery, and I am proud to learn that our entire team was successful in achieving this with you.

We hope to welcome you back to your new home away from home.

In the interim, I remain at your service.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

This is a very nice hotel, which is within walking distance to the City Center. It is across the street from the Croke Park stadium, which is very impressive stadium. Our room was clean, comfortable and very nicely appointed. The meals were excellent as well.

3  Thank Dudley_55

Dear Dudley_55,

Thank you for your lovely comments on The Croke Park Hotel. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your time here with us and particularly our bedrooms. Our team do strive to exceed all our guests expectations and to read that we have succeeded is just fantastic.

We hope to see you back again soon.