“One night stay”

Ranked #5 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Belfast, United Kingdom
“One night stay”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in croke park hotel saturday 10th august for one night. Quick check in, helpful staff who ordered us taxis- which were also so quick and reliable! Rooms were immacutley clean, comfy bed and lovely bathroom. Drinks abit pricey in the bar but otherwise a nice hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for your lovely comments about your stay here at The Croke Park Hotel. My team thoroughly enjoy reading the praise they received for their passionate and enthusiastic service.

We hope this was not your last experience with us and thus look forward to your return.

russell_hadley@doylecollection.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is a most impressive establishment, from the refreshing towel at the check in to the bottled water at check out. Attention to detail in a very service oriented establishment with nice rooms, a fie bar and good food is what this hotel s about.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your fantastic review of The Croke Park Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed the service of our team so much. Every luxury hotel in Dublin will provide you with a good bed, soft linen and branded toiletries however as you mentioned it is the service that sets us apart. Our team’s passion shines through in their service delivery, and it is purely through their hard work and efforts that we maintain such a favourable position on Tripadvisor.

We are humbled by your high praise and thank you for taking the time to share your comments from your recent stay with us.

I sincerely hope we will be seeing you again soon

Reviewed August 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights in March. We were on the executive floor(4th) which has access to free bottled water, coffee machine, daily papers, fresh fruit and a balcony looking at Croke park.
The room was a decent size and the bathroom was very modern and clean.
We ate at the hotel both nights, the food was lovely both times and service was excellent!
There is free underground parking for hotel guests.

I cannot fault the hotel or its staff however a swimming pool/jacuzzi would finish this to the highest possible standard.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Claire1191
We were truly delighted that you appreciated the timely, gracious and genuine service extended by our team members. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with thoughtful and intuitive service delivery, and I am proud to learn that our entire team was successful in achieving this with you.

We hope to welcome you back to your new home away from home.

In the interim, I remain at your service.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is great the staff are brilliant so helpful food was great and the room was brilliant. Easy access to Dublin we were at the Dublin show which was easy to use the dart system to get to. All in all they made our stay a great one.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughtful comments of your recent stay with us at The Croke Park Hotel. Our customers’ reviews are a valuable resource to ensure we are offering the best product and service

I am so glad to hear your praises for the attitudes of the staff here at the hotel. I have passed on your comments to our staff who were humbled and pleased to have received such high commendations. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel again soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I can't sing this hotel's praises enough. I originally booked one night here, but loved it so much that I booked it again for my return trip to Dublin before I departed. The rooms were very large, the beds huge and extremely comfortable, and the bathrooms were spotless and had a separate shower and large bath. If you are on the fourth floor, you have access to the executive suite, which provides coffee, water, and cookies throughout the day and a very nice breakfast in the morning. It also has a fireplace and is a great area to hang out and relax. Their fitness center is large and beautiful! And the staff is so courteous and helpful. I hope to stay here again if I'm ever lucky enough to return to Dublin!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SmashB5
Thank you for taking the time and effort to record your valued comments regarding your recent stay at the Croke Park Hotel. I was truly delighted to read that you had a most memorable stay with us.

I am indeed fortunate to have a truly amazing team here!

Our Executive Floor is definitely a great option as guests benefit from exclusive access to the lounge where complimentary refreshments are available throughout the day. Guests can also available of a complimentary evening drink. All executive bedrooms and the Executive lounge have access to complimentary wireless Internet access and turn down service. All bedrooms are well-appointed with plasma TV screens, stereos and under floor heating in your 4-piece bathroom suite

I look forward to hopefully being able to personally welcome you back to the Croke Park Hotel in the future.

Warmest Regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed for a extended 6 day Dublin visit.

Biggest assest for this hotel..... Staff .... hands down winners when it came to helpfulness and service. Front desk and conciege staff ... the front of house and first people you meet on arrival area credit to this hotel. Housekeeping..... thanks to you for the room being kept clean and tidy for me and the turn down service for the Superior rooms.... say no more.
Overall, Dublin is a expensive place to stay and the prices for meals in the Sideline Bistro or Sideline Bar are very much inline with local prices for a decent meal.... many City centre coffee shops and restaurants charged far higher for less quality and quantity.

Access to the Ex. Lounge was nice and a quieter place for buffet breakfast in the morning....

A few negative (ish) points....

Please post the local bus routes, and stops for the hotel. For a casual, short stop user it would be extremely useful infomation. The walk into the City centre is do-able but navigating around the piles of street dumped rubbish on the way down to the top of O'Connel street is not for the faint hearted on a warm Summer morning.

CHECK match dates don't clash with your stay if you have very young children, are on a romantic weekend away or a more elderly client... that frankly likes it a little more on the sedate, quiet side. I've checked the "Offical website" and no mention is made that the entire groundfloor public areas of this hotel become a huge bar area pre and very much post match. I myself attended the match on the Saturday but come 10 pm the constant hum of the drinking crowd became a grind.... I was on the top floor !! Sunday.... no chance of getting near a bar and the Bistro...... full. It was suggested that I use room service ... but a tray charge of 5 Euro a time seemed a bit rich for the effort. Being asked to use a side entrance to enter the hotel by a temp. Security guard did not bode well... especially when I refused.

Local transport into and out of the hotel is also effected when big matches are on, especially post match, so bear in mind for airport transfer planning. Basically NO taxis or even if you hire a vehicle locally... no dice...... the local Police (Garda) shut some of the roads around the area to assist with getting a 70,000+ crowd in or away from the area quickly.

Would I stay again.... absolutely. One of the best I've stayed at in the past 10 years and I'm already booked in for a Sister hotel in Boston !!!

Thanks everyone

Room Tip: Can only comment on my Deluxe room..... vast .... well worth it... go for included breakfast deals
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Andrew S
Please allow me the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete your most kind Tripadvisor review regarding your recent stay with us here at The Croke Park Hotel.

As a member of The Doyle Collection, our Proud values are that we meet every guest with a smile, a greeting and an enquiry, we care about the well-being of our guests and actively look for opportunities of how to enhance their experience.

I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel in the not too distant future.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed just one night as a family pity not any longer. Car wouldn't fit in garage as roof box on so helpful concierge Christopher showed us to a bus area. Later he suggested the Croke Park tour for kids as I had some business following am. They loved even my wife was impressed by tour and hotel. Had dinner that evening, could,mix bar food and restaurant which was v good for the price. Swordfish was delicious if not quite as good as one on beach in Ghana I had previously.
Only regret - didn't tip Christopher as not on duty when leaving following am. Great value. Lifts to,rooms bit of a pain with card swipe but can appreciate safety and security. Will return when in Dublin,

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your most kind comments, which I have shared with the rest of the team – in particular with Christopher. He was delighted with your very kind words regarding him, and as you say he is definitely a great team member. Please also allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us, as it is through reviews such as this, that greatly assists in improving our hotel and the services offered.

I hope to welcome you back to The Croke Park Hotel. If there is anything else I can be assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me.