“Fabulous we'll be back”

Ranked #7 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Fabulous we'll be back”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is great the staff are brilliant so helpful food was great and the room was brilliant. Easy access to Dublin we were at the Dublin show which was easy to use the dart system to get to. All in all they made our stay a great one.

• Stayed August 2013
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughtful comments of your recent stay with us at The Croke Park Hotel. Our customers’ reviews are a valuable resource to ensure we are offering the best product and service

I am so glad to hear your praises for the attitudes of the staff here at the hotel. I have passed on your comments to our staff who were humbled and pleased to have received such high commendations. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel again soon.

Russell

russell_hadley@doylecollection.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I can't sing this hotel's praises enough. I originally booked one night here, but loved it so much that I booked it again for my return trip to Dublin before I departed. The rooms were very large, the beds huge and extremely comfortable, and the bathrooms were spotless and had a separate shower and large bath. If you are on the fourth floor, you have access to the executive suite, which provides coffee, water, and cookies throughout the day and a very nice breakfast in the morning. It also has a fireplace and is a great area to hang out and relax. Their fitness center is large and beautiful! And the staff is so courteous and helpful. I hope to stay here again if I'm ever lucky enough to return to Dublin!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SmashB5
Thank you for taking the time and effort to record your valued comments regarding your recent stay at the Croke Park Hotel. I was truly delighted to read that you had a most memorable stay with us.

I am indeed fortunate to have a truly amazing team here!

Our Executive Floor is definitely a great option as guests benefit from exclusive access to the lounge where complimentary refreshments are available throughout the day. Guests can also available of a complimentary evening drink. All executive bedrooms and the Executive lounge have access to complimentary wireless Internet access and turn down service. All bedrooms are well-appointed with plasma TV screens, stereos and under floor heating in your 4-piece bathroom suite

I look forward to hopefully being able to personally welcome you back to the Croke Park Hotel in the future.

Warmest Regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed for a extended 6 day Dublin visit.

Biggest assest for this hotel..... Staff .... hands down winners when it came to helpfulness and service. Front desk and conciege staff ... the front of house and first people you meet on arrival area credit to this hotel. Housekeeping..... thanks to you for the room being kept clean and tidy for me and the turn down service for the Superior rooms.... say no more.
Overall, Dublin is a expensive place to stay and the prices for meals in the Sideline Bistro or Sideline Bar are very much inline with local prices for a decent meal.... many City centre coffee shops and restaurants charged far higher for less quality and quantity.

Access to the Ex. Lounge was nice and a quieter place for buffet breakfast in the morning....

A few negative (ish) points....

Please post the local bus routes, and stops for the hotel. For a casual, short stop user it would be extremely useful infomation. The walk into the City centre is do-able but navigating around the piles of street dumped rubbish on the way down to the top of O'Connel street is not for the faint hearted on a warm Summer morning.

CHECK match dates don't clash with your stay if you have very young children, are on a romantic weekend away or a more elderly client... that frankly likes it a little more on the sedate, quiet side. I've checked the "Offical website" and no mention is made that the entire groundfloor public areas of this hotel become a huge bar area pre and very much post match. I myself attended the match on the Saturday but come 10 pm the constant hum of the drinking crowd became a grind.... I was on the top floor !! Sunday.... no chance of getting near a bar and the Bistro...... full. It was suggested that I use room service ... but a tray charge of 5 Euro a time seemed a bit rich for the effort. Being asked to use a side entrance to enter the hotel by a temp. Security guard did not bode well... especially when I refused.

Local transport into and out of the hotel is also effected when big matches are on, especially post match, so bear in mind for airport transfer planning. Basically NO taxis or even if you hire a vehicle locally... no dice...... the local Police (Garda) shut some of the roads around the area to assist with getting a 70,000+ crowd in or away from the area quickly.

Would I stay again.... absolutely. One of the best I've stayed at in the past 10 years and I'm already booked in for a Sister hotel in Boston !!!

Thanks everyone

Room Tip: Can only comment on my Deluxe room..... vast .... well worth it... go for included breakfast deals
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Andrew S
Please allow me the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete your most kind Tripadvisor review regarding your recent stay with us here at The Croke Park Hotel.

As a member of The Doyle Collection, our Proud values are that we meet every guest with a smile, a greeting and an enquiry, we care about the well-being of our guests and actively look for opportunities of how to enhance their experience.

I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel in the not too distant future.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed just one night as a family pity not any longer. Car wouldn't fit in garage as roof box on so helpful concierge Christopher showed us to a bus area. Later he suggested the Croke Park tour for kids as I had some business following am. They loved even my wife was impressed by tour and hotel. Had dinner that evening, could,mix bar food and restaurant which was v good for the price. Swordfish was delicious if not quite as good as one on beach in Ghana I had previously.
Only regret - didn't tip Christopher as not on duty when leaving following am. Great value. Lifts to,rooms bit of a pain with card swipe but can appreciate safety and security. Will return when in Dublin,

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your most kind comments, which I have shared with the rest of the team – in particular with Christopher. He was delighted with your very kind words regarding him, and as you say he is definitely a great team member. Please also allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us, as it is through reviews such as this, that greatly assists in improving our hotel and the services offered.

I hope to welcome you back to The Croke Park Hotel. If there is anything else I can be assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Russell

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed over the QF weekend which was fortunately as we hadnt planned this. We ended up going for yhe Dublin game which was lots of fun! The hotel is really nice and modern, the rooms were large and clean and we got vouchers for breakfast for €10 which is worth is as there isn't that much for breakfast nearby. It's a 20min walk or so to the city which isn't too bad. During the weekend the hotel was PACKED with people havin drinks at the bar and lobby, making things a little chaotic. However the staff handled the situation very well and there was always someone to help you get served at reception. Also breakfast got very busy after 9:30am so it was lucky that we woke up early! There isn't much directly around the hotel except for the stadium which is why I scored lower on location, also it was a long weekend and with the games being on everything seemed a bit dearer than usual... Oh yes one more thing the shower didnt seem to stop the water leaking through but it wasn't so as long as you put a towel out.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to record your most positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Croke Park Hotel.

As is the case with all businesses, the greatest advertising we can aspire to is that of word-of-mouth from satisfied customers. Our guest feedback is very important to the overall running of our hotel and affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and service. I can thus personally assure you that the feedback you have provided us will definitely assist my team in becoming better at what we do.

We hopefully look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights while we visited Dublin. As stated by other reviewers, the area in which the hotel is situated doesn't inspire much confidence. However, once you go for a walk around it doesn't seem too bad.

The welcome we received at reception was professional and friendly, it was a great first impression. We booked the superior room, and it was just that. The room was lovely and clean and had all the facilities you would expect such as tea and coffee, toiletries and local area guides. The bed was huge and very, very comfortable. There was an ice machine down the corridor and a fridge in the room. The only flaw with the room was that the shower cubicle didn't seem to seal properly around the door and leaked water all over the floor when in use, but we managed to wedge some towels against it and seemed to help.

The view from the room wasn't the best, but that's a very minor point. The area looked questionable, but the transport facilities (cheap buses into Dublin city centre, for example) made up for it. It's not a very long walk to the city, and it's quite a pleasant one, provided you avoid the dog mess strewn canal path alongside the hotel!

Food and drink at the hotel was of fantastic quality, but that is reflected in the price. Both breakfast and dinner were very expensive. Bar food was again pricey, but you could eat in the bar instead of the restaurant, as we did once, and still feel satiated. If money is an issue, there is a lovely independent pizza place around the corner which served good portions at fantastic prices, with great service.

I would recommend this hotel to anybody staying in Dublin, but keep an eye out for offers on room prices, and book with meals included if possible. Don't be put off by the appearance of the area, we had no problems day or night.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fran M
Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed August 3, 2013

this was a return visit and it certainly did not disappoint. Had slight problem with the water in the bathroom and we were immediately transferred to another room which was even nicer than our original one. Good sized room with very comfortable bed and well appointed bathroom. Had one of the nicest meals for a long time that evening in the bistro and were looked after by a very pleasant and helpful waiter called Andrew. All the food was absolutely delicious and very well presented. After a great nights sleep buffet breakfast was lovely, as were the staff who made sure everyone knew where everything was. The hotel was very busy with a number of teams staying for cricket matches but all the staff were most attentive and pleasant. We left with regret but will certainly be back again in the not too distant future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple