“Doyle Collection Chain - Would highly recommend”
Review of The Croke Park

The Croke Park
Ranked #5 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We booked the Croke Park Hotel by reading reviews on Trip Advisor and it was an excellent choice. My husband and I and our adult son spent 4 nights at this hotel and we loved it. Right from the welcoming lobby to the pleasant staff on the front desk to the warm facecloths we were given at checkin, we liked the hotel. Our room was clean, comfortable beds and pillows, and all the amenities. We liked that your room key had to be used to acess the elevator for security reasons. when we booked we could not get a room closer to Templebar and Grafton Street in a hotel with. 4 star rating with reviews we liked so we booked the Croke Park. At first we were disappointed with the location, but that quickly changed. We booked the hop on, hop off bus tour which gave you 2 days access and each morning a free shuttle bus would pick you up at the hotel every 1/2 hour and bring you to the start of the hop on, hop off right on Grafton Street. Took about 10 minutes. We would then find a place for breakfast, look around, shop and catch the hop on when we were ready. At the end of the day we would end up in Templbar for dinner and drinks and when we were ready it was only a 10euro taxi ride back to the Hotel. By then a quiet, secure clean hotel was welcomed. would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you want easy access back and forth to your hotel several times during the day from Templebar and...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

It’s very kind of you to take the time to share your positive comments with your fellow travellers.

I was delighted to read that you had a most enjoyable stay and I will be sharing your kind comments with my team. I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated. Comments such as these are extremely encouraging to our team and make it all worthwhile!

I would like to thank you in advance for recommending us to your friends and family and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel again in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We are still here as part of a 7 day stay to attend a conference and have some fun as well. After 5 nights I feel qualified to review it already. The basic things: location is good- 15 minutes pleasant walk to the CBD and opposite the spiritual heart of sporting Dublin with a hop on hop off pick up point right outside. Room- nice size with a beautiful soft bed, nice bathroom with a great bath and lots of hot water. It has one of those pesky bar fridges that don't allow you to store your own stuff in it but this was not a concern. TV is flat panel and good size. Also nice and quiet with little street noise. Air con is good. Service- really good. Every team member was solicitous helpful, friendly and ready with a smile to go the extra yard. Sean was amazing. We were on the exec floor and it was worth it. Access to a lounge with tea and coffee etc and continental breakfast which was really good. Restaurant was good and the bar really good. We got some complimentary drink vouchers and had a great time every night in front of the fireplace with some very creative and tasty cocktails. Full,breakfast was also,very good.

Overall I rate this place very highly because it combines all the elements of a 5 star hotel with 6 star service. Recommend it highly and will not stay anywhere else when we return to Dublin

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to record your most positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Croke Park Hotel.

As is the case with all businesses, the greatest advertising we can aspire to is that of word-of-mouth from satisfied customers. Our guest feedback is very important to the overall running of our hotel and affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and service. I can thus personally assure you that the feedback you have provided us will definitely assist my team in becoming better at what we do.

We hopefully look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Hello everyone, I have just returned from a one week stay at Croke Park Hotel in Dublin and here is my review. Like you prior to booking this hotel, I reviewed the selection of hotels in Trip Advisor to see what comments had been posted. I made my selection based on price and convenience. This hotel seemed to offer everything I was looking for, I had read several reviews were the distance to the city center seemed to be a problem or that the district seemed somewhat undesirable. I can now confirm that you are getting great dollar value at this hotel, if this hotel was closer to the city center it would probably cost twice the price, parking alone could cost you 30 euros a day. I arrived with a rented car and parked directly in their indoor parking lot. At the front desk I was greeted with a smile and within two minutes I was off to my room (152) that was on the first floor. I like the security in this hotel; you need to swipe your access card in the elevator in order to access your floor. This is a large modern hotel with several hundred rooms spread out on four floors. My room was huge, it had a double bed as well as a single bed. Mini bar, blow dryer, iron and more. This room offered a view of the courtyard which was fine for me since I am a light sleeper and hate hearing traffic at night. On my very first night I kept hearing a thud every once in a while, I found this most frustrating. In the morning I wandered around to find out where it was coming from. It just happened that the service elevator and stairs were just on the back side of my room. When I opened and walked in the stairway I instantly heard the door thud as it came to a close. It seems that the attenuating rubbers were gone. I went to the front desk to see if I could have a change of rooms since this was very bothersome to me. Instantly the attendant browsed the available rooms and offered me a smaller room on the fourth floor with a king size bed, this worked out marvelously for me. The concierge came to see if everything was okay. I showed him the faulty door, he noted it down and said he would have maintenance fix this. The next day I realized I had forgotten my alarm in the other room, I asked the front desk to see if they could have someone pick it up. When we returned later that evening my alarm was in my room with a note from the front desk, this is the kind of service I enjoy, nice touch. Breakfast buffet with service between 6:30–10:30 at the Sideline Bistro on the ground floor was chic yet informal, Breakfast was included with my package. This buffet displayed a wonderful choice, several fruit juices, eggs sausages, bacon, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms yoghurt, plenty of different cheeses and fresh fruits, what more could you ask for. If management is reading this I would like to say that the service for breakfast is simply exquisite. I also found an Italian restaurant a couple of hundred feet from the hotel called Wallace`s Italian Winebar, excellent food at a lesser price than downtown core restaurants, 16 euros will get you a choice of a two course meal with wine. Parking is free for all guests at the Croke Park, you just need to have reception validate your voucher prior to leaving. I had read some reviews that this was a problem for some but not while I was there, there`s always several attendants at the front desk I did not find this to be a problem. A couple a days later I found a letter in my room informing me that there would be a Leinster Football Quarter Finals game at Croke Park stadium, and that the hotel might be busier than normal during the evening. Well when I arrived around supper time the streets around the hotel were closed to traffic and thousands of fans were marching to the stadium. I had never seen so many people at a game, the Croke park stadium which is just next door holds some 80,000 fans, and most impressive is that it seems to be legal to BYOB to the stadium, actually I`m not sure if it`s legal but no one seems to mind if you drink in the streets of Dublin. It really wasn`t a problem to access the hotel but so many people in the lobby and walking around, but all was well controlled, it was quite an experience to see. I have to say that this is one of the best managed hotels I have ever been to, bravo to the general manager Alan Smullen and of course to all the members of his team, you guys rock! I have to say that at first it was a toss between the Croke Park or the Jury`s hotel, I chose the Croke Park and I made the right choice. When I return to Dublin the Croke Park is where I will stay. Trust me just try it.

Cheers!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time and effort to record your valued comments regarding your recent stay at the Croke Park Hotel. I was truly overwhelmed and humbled by your truly delightful comments about our hotel.

Alan & I are indeed fortunate to have a truly amazing team here!

As a member of The Doyle Collection, our Proud values are that we meet every guest with a smile, a greeting and an enquiry, we care about the well-being of our guests and actively look for opportunities of how to enhance their experience.

Croke Park holds a special place in the affections of the Irish people. It is the spiritual home of our native Gaelic games. It’s a place where mighty sporting warriors contest for the most coveted trophies in Irish sport and where legends of our games have made their claims to immortality. And located next to this great sporting shrine, The Croke Park Hotel plays its own unique part in Irish and Dublin life.

I look forward to hopefully being able to personally welcome you back to the Croke Park Hotel in the future.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This hotel is situated right next to Croke Park, so perfect if you are visiting sports events there. A bit of a walk (c 1 mile) from the city centre but loads of taxis. Rooms were big and clean. Breakfast very good and bar quite nice. Decor a bit tired but overall this was good value.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank PKLH

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Croke Park Hotel. We always strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and ensure they have a truly enjoyable and relaxing stay. I am pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

I was disappointed to learn however that you found the décor to be a bit tired in some areas. I would like to reassure both yourself and other TripAdvisor reviewers, that we try to constantly re-invest into the hotel and a number of improvements to the hotel are being planned for this year.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to Dublin and the Croke Park Hotel in the future.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was a great stay. Stayed on a Monday night. Great service, great food, great everything !The girls on reception were helpful and friendly. The rooms were spotless and had everything you could want. I asked for a quiet room and boy did I get one. Had a fantastic nights sleep in a lovely big bed with crisp white sheets and plenty of pillows. Because of the package I had, I had access to the executive lounge and was able to get coffee, tea, fruit, juices and water at any time. Had dinner in the bar and the food was lovely too.
All in all a great stay, and would recommend this hotel as it would be a great base for exploring Dublin.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room to study and I was placed on the top floor...perfect....
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mars1809

Thank you for taking the time and effort to record your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Croke Park Hotel. I was truly delighted to read that you had a most fabulous stay with us.

I am indeed fortunate to have a truly amazing team here!

Our Executive Floor is definitely a great option as guests benefit from exclusive access to the lounge where complimentary refreshments are available throughout the day. Guests can also available of a complimentary evening drink. All executive bedrooms and the Executive lounge have access to complimentary wireless Internet access and turn down service. All bedrooms are well-appointed with plasma TV screens, stereos and under floor heating in your 4-piece bathroom suite

Warmest Regards

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I was very impressed by this hotel for a business visit. The decor was lovely, the staff were excellent and the breakfast delicious. And even though the hotel was completely full (itself a great sign!), it was really quiet in my room. I couldn't fault this hotel. It was excellent value for money. A little bit awkward to find for someone like me who doesn't know Dublin well but given that I was working in Croke Park the next day, it couldn't have been more convenient.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank libbylibby49

I cannot thank you enough for your most humbling review. I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was in perfect order. It means a great deal to me and the team to read such good reviews and has given us all a great boost.

Please feel free and visit your home away from home at any time!

It would be a pleasure to personally look after any further bookings.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We spent one night 23 May 2013 at the Croke Park Hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff were friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean, spacious, comfortable and modern!
We had a very enjoyable light meal in the bar on Thursday evening and a lovely breakfast on Friday morning. Very good value for money and we would like to have stayed longer.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Please feel free and visit your home away from home at any time!

It would be a pleasure to personally look after any further bookings.