The Croke Park
Westin.com
$242
$205
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$140
$380
$349
Westbury Hotel
$213
$192
Agoda.com
4,854 results
All reviewsthe executive loungegreat hotelsideline bistrocity centrehot towelsminute walkbottled waterfourth floorcontinental breakfastdeluxe roomhop on hop off busmini baro'connell streetwould highly recommend this hotelbar foodmodern hotelenjoyable stay
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is a very nice hotel, well maintained, good service. The location is not perfect but its only a 15 minute walk into O'Connell St. However during our stay we were disappointed by breakfast as it felt there were not enough staff - we waited ages for someone to take our coffee and toast order and in the end I went to find someone. The plates were not very clean either. In addition we had a defective shower and it took three attempts to get it fixed, so two days with barely luke warm water. Lastly beware Gaelic match days when the stadium empties into the hotel after the games - it then becomes extremely difficult to get bar food and drinks.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Paul C
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete our online review regarding your visit to The Croke Park Hotel. We most certainly appreciate receiving all feedback, be it positive or negative, thus affording us the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel.

As you rightly mention, the hotel does indeed become very busy on match days, this however we feel creates a great atmosphere in the hotel as Croke Park holds a special place in the affections of the Irish people. It is the spiritual home of our native Gaelic games. It’s a place where mighty sporting warriors contest for the most coveted trophies in Irish sport and where legends of our games have made their claims to immortality. And located next to this great sporting shrine, The Croke Park Hotel plays its own unique part in Irish and Dublin life.

I note that there were however, a few points mentioned in the review that you felt were below par, please kindly contact me on the contact details below to discuss further should you so wish. We strive to provide our guests with memorable luxury experiences, but it appears your stay with us was memorable for the wrong reasons. It is my goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future..

Russell

Reviewed March 12, 2013

The Croke Park is a great place to spend a weekend in the city. They enjoy an enviable location overlooking Ireland most iconic sports stadium and are close to both the airport and the city center. A great place to enjoy the city while having some peace and quiet at the same time. the layout is quite modern and spacious, beds are very comfortable.

Room Tip: executive rooms are worth the upgrade ..
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ICT_Management

It’s very kind of you to take the time to share your positive comments with your fellow travellers.

I was delighted to read that you had a most enjoyable stay and I will be sharing your kind comments with my team. I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I would like to thank you in advance for recommending us to your friends and family and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel again in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed March 10, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is a gorgeous hotel. Service, room quality, breakfast, second to none. I got a fantastic full breakfast included , sole occupancy, deal from Travel Republic. There were a few group/hen weekends there but I heard absolutely nothing and slept like a log. Free wifi and an ice making machine in the corridor are the sort of thing I really appreciate.

The only drawback I would point out is the location. Not so much distance from city centre as the walk is only 20 mins or so. However in the dark it is a through a really dodgy part of town. I walked back early on a Saturday evening and wouldn't again. Street lighting is seriously crap in places.

So factor in taxi fares from city centre at night. If that isn't an issue for you or you have your own transport I cant recommend highly enough. Reception got me taxis within 5 mins when I needed them.

Finally if you are arriving by Airport Aircoach ask to get off at Quinn's Pub in Drumcondra Rd from where the hotel is only a 3 or 4 minute walk. Cheaper and quicker than going into the Bus station and back again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Gailnic
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to record your most positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Croke Park Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you received such excellent service.

As is the case with all businesses, the greatest advertising we can aspire to is that of word-of-mouth from satisfied customers. Our guest feedback is very important to the overall running of our hotel and affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and service. I can thus personally assure you that the feedback you have provided us will definitely assist my team in becoming better at what we do.

We hopefully look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Spent 2 days midweek staying at the hotel as part of group of 14.
The staff were very friendly and helpful, rooms clean and well equipped. Loved the large stand alone shower.
Spent time on the large sofas in front of fire on last afternoon recovering with no pressure to leave!
Added bonus was we could get into our rooms at 11.15 on our arrival.
Breakfast was eat all you can, and we certainly did!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Andrew V

I cannot thank you enough for your kind review. I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was in perfect order. It means a great deal to me and the team to read such good reviews.

Please feel free and visit your home away from home at any time!

It would be a pleasure to personally look after any further bookings.

Russell