“Excellent hotel and great staff- highly recommended!”
Review of The Croke Park

The Croke Park
Ranked #6 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My family spent 3 nights here to celebrate my mums 70th birthday (15th - 18th Feb 13) The staff went way beyond our expectations to make it special - if your going for a special occasion let them know before you go. Hotel very handy to find coming in from the north of Dublin, free secure underground car park, lift up to reception and a quick check in with super friendly staff.

You get a swipe card to use the lifts, the doors to the stairs and your room. This is great because it keeps the hotel really safe- you can't get upstairs without one. In other hotels these swipe cards can be a nuisance but these ones work and are easy to use.

The rooms are a great size and really fancy and have everything you need- hairdryer, tea/coffee facilities, tv and music system!! The bathroom is lovely with a large shower and bath. It is stocked daily with lovely toiletries. The beds have the thickest mattress I have ever seen - super comfortable- i wanted to take the bed home with me!!

The hotel is looking directly onto the Croke park stadium - it is directly across the road.

Breakfast is €9.99-€14.99 and children were free. It was lovely and you could eat as much as you like- worth it in my opinion.

I didn't have any other meals but the bar / restaurant etc looks lovely.

We bought our hop on/hop off tickets at reception - you get a discount. (Green bus - highly recommend this to). The bus starts down in the city centre but runs a shuttle bus to take you to the first stop free from this hotel - right outside the front door!

We got a taxi back one night (taxi bus for 8) and it was €12 (taxi rank on upper o'connell street). We also walked one day too. Some reviews say its a dodgy area- we didn't walk about it at night but the day we walked the area looked fine to me.

On checkout we were each given bottles of water for our journey home - nice touch I thought.

Bottom line - super helpful and friendly staff from the reception, restaurant and cleaners. The hotel is really lovely , in excellent condition and super clean. If I go back to Dublin I will definitely be back to stay here- couldn't recommend it enough!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in 172 and 173 - both really lovely and right beside the lifts.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

I cannot thank you enough for your amazingly kind review. I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was in perfect order. It means a great deal to me and the team to read such good reviews and really keeps us all motivated.

Please feel free and visit your home away from home at any time!

It would be a pleasure to personally look after any further bookings.

Russell

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We were here for a concert in the O2 last year, it was very handy to get to the o2 and a short walk from O' Connell street. Its lovely hotel would definitely stay again! great meeting place on match days also!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review on trip advisor. I am very happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and please let me know of any future visits to Dublin - I would be only too happy to look after your reservation needs.

Thank you once again and I look forward welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel.

Russell

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed during mid term break with hubby (who works nearby and will be back)and the kids. I read another review where someone complained about "looking out on a grey stadium". I have to say as a culchie and gaa fan, looking out onto croke park lifted my spirits. My kids thought it was fantastic. Thats something you can only understand if you are Irish. I can only imagine the buzz here when your team are getting ready for an All-Ireland.
Room was really spacious, breakfast delicious and concierge was so friendly and good craic.
Now not to repeat all the previous reviews. For a more relaxed shopping experience head towards Santry omnicentre and take the 16 bus. Theres a mcd's there too if you have little people with you.
You can order breakfast in your room for €5 extra and its worth every penny. Gorgeous breakfast. If you arrive cold and hungry and dont like eating in hotels walk out the front door and walk five minutes to your right for a lovely Italian restaurant. Affordable authentic and on the doorstep of the hotel. (Cant rate the hotel's restaurant as only had breakfast there).
You can buy a family day pass for the bus in the Centra on Drumcondra road and travel as much as you like. (12 euro) So much to see here.
Great to come back to staff who look happy to see you. Sit in the hotel bar with good friends and a glass of wine and you will find no reason to leave the hotel. I WANT to come back.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed with my mum for my 40th birthday 24th to 26th February 2013. The stay from beginning to end was excellent. We got off the aircoach from Belfast and on arriving realised a really big match was on at Croke Park. Even through the entrance was busy we got checked in quickly by a lovely young man called Stephen and we were in our room on the second floor in no time. We'd just arrived at our room when the phone rang and we were being given tickets to the match! It was a very pleasant way to spend the afternoon and on coming back to the room we found some bubbly and glasses waiting for us! The room was beautiful and quiet with CD player minibar and TV. Very spacious. We booked dinner in the Sideline Bistro (part of our package) and the 2 course meal was exquisite. I had the chowder and salmon. The whole experience was lovely and the staff were very attentive. We visited the concierge for tips of how to get to St Michans,etc and he was very knowledgeable.

Again, breakfast was part of our deal, and we had a relaxing breakfast both mornings. There was a wide range of continental and cooked food and we were given an option of types of coffee - my latte was great. I am able to come back to the hotel again I will make sure I have all my meals in the bistro as it was top-class.

Our room was kept spotless throughout our stay by the friendly cleaning staff. On our return from shopping in Grafton St I played a CD on the player in our room and we got ready to go see a theatre show. We got a taxi from outside the hotel and they were very reasonable.

We got a fantastic deal on Travelzoo - just a pity we didn't have time to make use of one of the vouchers. A big thank you to all the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to pay for an upgrade to 4th floor - fluffy robes and slippers and access to executive lounge if...
1  Thank JRis40
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Visited this hotel on a two night package with my better half. The hotel deserves its current good reviews as it is a very well run establishment. The rooms are comfortable and spotlessly clean.
The breakfast was excellent and the dinner we had on both evenings was quiet good. We both thought the quality of the full Irish breakfasts were first class.
The staff without exception were pleasant and helpful. Is is possible to walk into O'Connell Street in about 15 minutes if you are reasonably fit. The nearest bus stop we found to take us into the city or to the airport was on Dorset Street about 10 minuts walk away. The hotel is directly across the road from Croke Park which is a major sports stadium and dominates the skyline. As a result this hotel may be busy when there are sporting events on which is generally at weekends.
Recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Jones Road may be subject to slight traffic noise but it is not a busy road. There is n...
Reviewed February 25, 2013

What a fabulous hotel. We stayed over the Christmas holidays and though not central, it was close enough to family and the centre of town so it suited our needs perfectly. We loved everything-great breakfast, spotless room, heavenly bed, quiet at night, we took advantage of the executive lounge etc. A special thank you to the staff- they were kind, accommodating and beyond helpful.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Snowfatigued
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

It’s very kind of you to take the time to share your positive comments with your fellow travellers.

I was delighted to read that you had a most enjoyable stay over Christmas and I will be sharing your kind comments with my team. I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I would like to thank you in advance for recommending us to your friends and family and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel again in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed 22-02-13 to 24-02-13. Couldn't ask for better especially at the price we paid. Well done all round. Room was spotless. Air condition worked efficiently and quietly. Decor was clean, bright and modern. Staff were very nice, friendly and helpful. Free national paper in lobby. O'Connell Street was a 15 minute walk away. Saved on taxi's and bus fares.
Definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank doebag41

Please allow me the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete your most humbling Tripadvisor review regarding your recent stay with us here at The Croke Park Hotel.

As a member of The Doyle Collection, our Proud values are that we meet every guest with a smile, a greeting and an enquiry, we care about the well-being of our guests and actively look for opportunities of how to enhance their experience. I am thus delighted to hear of your positive and hopefully memorable experiences whilst with us.

I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel in the not too distant future.

Tel + 353 (0) 1 8714444