“Yet again a most wonderful stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Croke Park

The Croke Park
Ranked #5 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Ireland
“Yet again a most wonderful stay”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed here on Tue 12th February with my husband and daughter, staff here are so helpful and pleasant. The rooms are spotless and the food has always been delicious. We find that the food is reasonably priced and standard of food is very high. We find that we return to hotel after check out to collect our luggage in afternoon and head to the bar to have food before we head home. We love returning to this hotel and are already planning our return in June. Book this hotel, you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank IrelandAnnMarie
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this review, February 19, 2013

I was delighted to read that you once again had a most enjoyable stay and I will be sharing your kind comments with my team. I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I would like to thank you in advance for recommending us to your friends and family and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel again in the near future.

Kind regards

russell_hadley@doylecollection.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Galway
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have stayed here on a number of occasions over the past few months. (Mostly on business but my wife and daughter joined me last week). It is a great hotel. Staff are excellent. Rooms nicely sized, clean and fresh. Free parking and wifi. Food in the bar is a little price but reasonable quality. Overall I really like the hotel. It is a taxi ride from city centre but otherwise a decent location too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Munster21
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
It gave me great pleasure to read your most kind review, thank you so much and I am delighted to hear that we have continued to provide a service that you enjoy throughout the hotel. I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to the rest of my team and I`m sure they will be very appreciative and hopefully next time your experience will be even more enjoyable and worthy of a five star rating.

I hope that we will be welcoming you back very soon, please let me know if I can help with future reservations or in any other way.

Russell

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Lovely people and excellent staff. Can not do enough for you. Brilliant hotel only ten euro taxi into temple bar. Twenty euro taxi from airport. Rooms well kept and cleaned daily. Well maintained building. Would defiantly recommend.

Guinness factory a must cheaper online bookings. Hop on hop off bus is two euros cheaper if purchased in the hotel. Excellent way of seeing some of the sites and ticket lasts for two days.

Temple bar pub is expensive but other bar can be more reasonable. About six euros or cheaper for Guinness. Food is expensive as you want it to be. Portions are massive.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shelley T
It’s very kind of you to take the time to share your positive comments with your fellow travellers. As you rightly mentioned, the Dublin touristic bus services all of Dublin’s top attractions including Trinity College, Dublin Castle, Dublinia, Christchurch Cathedral, Guinness Storehouse, Kilmainham Gaol, Phoenix Park and the Jameson Distillery. The hotel offers discounted tickets from our Concierge Desk and there is a complimentary shuttle service that leaves the hotel each day at 9.30am.

I was delighted to read that you had a most enjoyable stay and I will be sharing your kind comments with my team. I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

Kind regards

Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Took my wife to Dublin for her 40th birthday, and after much searching decided on the Croke park hotel, and certainly made the right choice !

Arrived at around 4pm in the pouring rain and were greeted with a warm welcome and warm towels.

Check in took less than 5 minutes and had been upgraded into an executive room , which we found had been decorated for her birthday and a bottle of champagne waiting for us.

Room was really clean and had all the facilities you would expect. Executive lounge was a really nice touch as well.

Used the Restaurant the following night and meal and service were great, I even got "told off" for pouring my own wine ! ( in a friendly way! )

Some reviews seem to say this is quite far out from the City centre, Don't know if we just walk quickly or found a particularly short cut , but only took 10 minute walk to get into centre of city , which I would not consider a long way.

Could not recommend this hotel enough and if we ever go back to Dublin will definitely be going back here.

Room Tip: From what we saw all the rooms looked great !
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank IanMandy1709
Congratulations on your wife's 40th Birthday!

Thank you for choosing The Croke Park Hotel for this special occasion and trust you will return for your next special occasion! I was delighted to read that our team took good care of you and have taken the opportunity to share your kind comments with the team. Please do come and stay with us again and contact me directly at that time.

We appreciate your review and thank you for choosing The Croke Park Hotel!

Russell

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This was a great and very classy Hotel. From the moment you check in and given a nice warm flannel to the moment you leave, the staff were extremely courteous and helpful.

We booked an executive room (on the fourth floor) which enabled us to use the executive lounge which has large comfy sofas and chairs in front of a giant plasma screen and complimentary soft drinks (coffee machine, milk, juice and water).

Our room was delightful with a large queen size bed, fridge, free Wi-Fi and a view over Croke Park Stadium. The bathroom was large with a separate shower and great toiletries.

Evening food at the bar was great and my Apple Crumble dessert was a revelation. Breakfast followed in the same mode with great choice and great tastes so plenty to enjoy about the food at Croke Park.

The only problem for us was that the Hotel was a good distance away from the centre of Dublin and the No. 7 Bus was a ten minute hike from the hotel. Six days a week (Sunday to Friday), a courtesy bus picks up from the Hotel at 9:30 to take you to the Hop on Hop off Bus stop at the top of O'Connell Street (four pick up's on Saturday).

Brilliant Hotel, Fantastic Food and Great Service...even the car parking was free.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Croke Park Hotel. We always strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and ensure they have a truly enjoyable and relaxing stay. I am pleased to see that you experienced all of these and enjoyed your stay with us.

I was disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy our location as The Croke Park Hotel is located directly across the road from Croke Park Stadium which is the GAA sports’ Mecca. The Croke Park Hotel is located just one mile from Dublin City Centre and a walk or short ride away from Dublin’s Museums, Galleries, Theatres and music venues. Located on the North side of the city allows for quick, easy access to Dublin Airport and is only approximately five miles from the airport.

The hotel is close enough to allow easy access to Dublin City Centre and all of its attractions but also far enough away to guarantee a perfect, quiet nights’ sleep away from the city revellers.

Again, I greatly appreciate your feedback, as it will assist my team in becoming better at what we do. It is my desire to retain you as a satisfied customer and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again in the future. Please contact me personally before your next visit to the Croke Park Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of our renowned hospitality.

Jones Road
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We had an overall wonderful experience staying at the Croke Park Hotel. It was our honeymoon and first time in Ireland. Our flight arrived very early in the morning and we made it to the hotel around 8:30am. The staff was very accommodating and allowed us to check in early. We had to wait about 45 mins for a room to be ready, but we had access to the Executive Level lounge. They sent us up to the lounge and when the room was ready, they delivered the keys to us there.

The rooms were a little smaller that normally found in the US, but we stayed for 3 nights and we were completely comfortable. The bathroom had a nice tub for soaking in. We had breakfast in the Executive Lounge every morning. Breakfast consisted of different breads and pastries, cereals, fruit and yogurt and assorted meats and cheeses as well as juice and coffee. There was always bottled water available which was nice to have. We ate in the bar area one night and had great fish and chips while my husband had a delicious cheeseburger. The last night we were there, we ordered room service which was quick and hot.

This is a happening place on game nights...the hotel was quite quiet most of the time, but the last night we were there, was the opening night for GAA football. The entire hotel was packed before, during and after the game. Even with the extra people in the hotel, our room was still quiet and we were not disturbed at all.

We took cabs to City Centre and paid about 12 Euro each time. We were told it was about a 20 minute walk, but we chose to take taxis as it was raining. Overall, we had an amazing time and will definitely stay here again. All of the staff was friendly, helpful and very accommodating.

Room Tip: If there is a game at the stadium, I would definitely ask for a room that doesn't face the stadi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aquababy78
Please allow me the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete your most humbling Tripadvisor review regarding your recent stay with us here at The Croke Park Hotel.

As a member of The Doyle Collection, our Proud values are that we meet every guest with a smile, a greeting and an enquiry, we care about the well-being of our guests and actively look for opportunities of how to enhance their experience. I am thus delighted to hear of your positive and hopefully memorable experiences whilst with us.

I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel in the not too distant future.

Tel + 353 (0) 1 8714444
Fax + 353 (0) 1 8714400

County Cork, Ireland
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed for a 3 night mid-week break, including dinner. Dinner and breakfasts were excellent, bedroom/bathroom were clean and spacious, free wifi was very good. The public areas and bar were very comfortable and the gym looked excellent, but I didn't try it. The free parking was a boon and overall we had a really good experience. There's a nice Italian restaurant 3 minutes' walk away and the range of shops, pubs and restaurants in Drumcondra are less than 5 minutes' stroll away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple