“Thoroughly relaxing & enjoyable stay”
Review of The Croke Park

The Croke Park
Ranked #5 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We booked via Secret escapes and were delighted with our stay. The staff were so friendly and helpful in every department and the room was beautiful. The bed was very comfortable and the room had every amenity one would want. The breakfast was delicious fresh and hot, the pastries seemed to be just out of the oven. The free car parking was an added bonus. There was a real buzz about the hotel& bar so it felt like a really warm, lively spot. We will definitely stay there again soon!

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have stayed in the Croke Park twice and loved the service and the location. The hotel staff is welcoming and eager to make your stay pleasant. Everyone at the hotel offered advice on how to get around in Dublin and when I lost my IPhone charger I was given one to use for my entire stay. Great people. My husband and I loved the ease of walking to all of Dublin from The Croke Park. We enjoyed the ease of walking to the sights so that we really got to know the city. We never encountered any problems even walking back to the hotel late at night from the pubs. Our room was spacious and very comfortable and the food in the restaurant was excellent. We will definitely return to the Croke Park Hotel on our next trip to Dublin.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

It gave me great pleasure to read your most kind review, thank you so much and I am delighted to hear that we have continued to provide a service that you enjoy throughout the hotel. I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to the rest of my team and I`m sure they will be very appreciative and hopefully next time your experience will be even more enjoyable and worthy of a five star rating.

I hope that we will be welcoming you back very soon, please let me know if I can help with future reservations or in any other way.

Russell

Reviewed February 12, 2013

The service in this hotel is what makes it stand out. From the welcome at the reception desk to the charming staff in the dining room and the cheerful bar staff every member of staff makes a huge effort and it really pays off and distinguishes this from other similarly priced hotels in Dublin. Location is fantastic right beside Croke Park, close to the city centre and very convenient place to stay for the Mater Hospital. Haven't had breakfast as had to leave very early but dinner was really good.
Rooms are quiet and very spacious and comfortable. There is a real feel good factor to this hotel and it is well worth a visit. An added bonus is the great value. A better hotel than many others charging twice the price.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to record your most positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Croke Park Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you received such excellent service.

As is the case with all businesses, the greatest advertising we can aspire to is that of word-of-mouth from satisfied customers. Our guest feedback is very important to the overall running of our hotel and affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and service. I can thus personally assure you that the feedback you have provided us will definitely assist my team in becoming better at what we do

We hopefully look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

When I arrived at the reception at 11am, I was welcomed by the receptionist the ever smiling Emer, she is wonderful. Nothing is too much trouble for her.
I also met Sarah who deals with reservations, and she is fantastic, telling me to personally ask for her, when I come back (with my wife), and she will sort a great rate/offer for our stay
I was invited to the executive lounge while she sorted my room, 10 minutes later, she brought my suit case and room key for 414.
There is an upgrade you must not miss, for a small extra cost, you get upgraded to an executive room. and full use of the executive lounge. It is on the fourth floor, continental breakfast food, available all day, coffee, tea, orange, milk etc, FOC.
They bring you a hot pillow and chocolates and the bed room is fantastic, slippers and dressing gowns in the room if that is your thing.
The staff are ALL fantastic, and really helpful, and the hotel food is outstanding quality
The is no charge for WIFI connection, and the speed of the internet is excellent.
It is next door to the Croke Park Stadium
The cost of a taxi into town, is 8 euros, and you must visit the Old Jameson distillery, great value
At the Airport there is the air-coach, which stops near the hotel, ( 8 minute walk) for 10 euros return, if you do not want a taxi ( expensive) from the airport.
IF you ever go to Dublin, please consider this fantastic special hotel.

Room Tip: ask for the executive lounge upgrade
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Paulandbetty

Please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete your kind review regarding your recent stay with us here at The Croke Park Hotel Dublin. Your kind comments were welcomed by the entire team, in particular Emer and Sarah. Sitting close to both Dublin city centre and the airport, The Croke Park Hotel is one of the most popular hotels in Dublin, with fresh, spacious, contemporary interiors, luxurious bedrooms, a tempting bistro and bar, a hotel business centre and three meeting rooms.

It is my goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future. If there is anything else I can be assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I booked a three- day stay at The Croke Park Hotel Dublin to celebrate my partner's 50th birthday through Secret Escapes and it did not disappoint!

Our first day did not start well. We were ripped off by the airport taxi on our journey to the hotel. We reported this to the staff at the desk who offered us good advice about how to avoid this in the future - Be aware that it should not cost you 28 Euro to travel to the hotel from the airport. 18 Euro is a more realistic price!

We arrived well before our check in time of 2pm. In fact it was 10.30am but this did not present a problem and the very helpful and friendly staff at reception provided us with entry to our fabulous Deluxe room ( with the most comfortsble bed ever!) which was located on floor 4, This also gave us access to the Executive Lounge where complimentary refreshments were on hand in addition to newspapers, television and radio - all in a very relaxing and comfortable environment. We were amazed at the level of luxury available to us for the very reasonable price of the stay.

This hotel is truly difficult to fault, The staff are courteous and polite at all times. Nothing is too much bother for them, Breakfast is excellent, although some staff can be a little slow at clearing tables sometimes!

The location however, does present a problem or two. I would not recommend that you attempt walking back from town in the dark. It is only around a 15 minute walk but some points of the journey can be peppered with very scary and threatening- looking individuals ! Take the taxi back for your own safety and peace of mind.

On balance, I would have no hesitation in coming back to The Croke Park Hotel. It is simply one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff are delightful, the service is excellent and the hotel is clean and beautifully presented - even if the location is less than ideal.

Get yourself down there. It is a proper little jewel and the perfect base to enjoy the delights of Dublin's fair city!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th Floor had the extra delight of the use of the Executive Lounge
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jackie C
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Congratulations on your partner’s 50th Birthday!

Thank you for choosing The Croke Park Hotel for this special occasion and trust you will return for your next special occasion! I was delighted to read that our team took good care of you and have taken the opportunity to share your kind comments with the team. Please do come and stay with us again and contact me directly at that time.

We appreciate your review and thank you for choosing The Croke Park Hotel!

Russell

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Croke Park is a modern hotel wiht first rate facilities. The staff are friendly and efficient. I thought that it provided exceptionally good value, particularly since a really excellent breakfast was included in the price. (Most hotels in Dublin charge extra for breakfast.) I liked the location - although it is some distance from the city centre, it only takes about 10 minutes to walk to O'Connell Street in the heart of Dublin.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Croke Park Hotel. We always strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and ensure they have a truly enjoyable and relaxing stay. I am pleased to see that you experienced all of these and enjoyed your stay with us.

I was delighted to learn that you found our location suitable as The Croke Park Hotel is located directly across the road from Croke Park Stadium which is the GAA sports’ Mecca. The Croke Park Hotel is located just one mile from Dublin City Centre and a walk or short ride away from Dublin’s Museums, Galleries, Theatres and music venues. Located on the North side of the city allows for quick, easy access to Dublin Airport and is only approximately five miles from the airport.

The hotel is close enough to allow easy access to Dublin City Centre and all of its attractions but also far enough away to guarantee a perfect, quiet nights’ sleep away from the city revellers.

Again, I greatly appreciate your feedback, as it will assist my team in becoming better at what we do. It is my desire to retain you as a satisfied customer and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again in the future. Please contact me personally before your next visit to the Croke Park Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of our renowned hospitality.

Jones Road

Reviewed February 10, 2013

First time in a Doyle collection hotel. Our stay was fantastic, we had a double superior room inc breakfast. The hotel Is located opposite their rugby grounds. The location is a 10 min walk to the centre of town. The location is very quiet after a busy day. Breakfast was substantial with a variety of hot and cold. Staff were friendly and very helpful. It's well worth every penny, so pls ls pls if you go to dublin for a stay CROKE PARK IS THE PLACE TO BE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Superior double front of the hotel, lovely and quiet and you can see when the tour buses arrive.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family