“An oasis of tranquility”
Review of The Croke Park

The Croke Park
Ranked #5 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I booked a three- day stay at The Croke Park Hotel Dublin to celebrate my partner's 50th birthday through Secret Escapes and it did not disappoint!

Our first day did not start well. We were ripped off by the airport taxi on our journey to the hotel. We reported this to the staff at the desk who offered us good advice about how to avoid this in the future - Be aware that it should not cost you 28 Euro to travel to the hotel from the airport. 18 Euro is a more realistic price!

We arrived well before our check in time of 2pm. In fact it was 10.30am but this did not present a problem and the very helpful and friendly staff at reception provided us with entry to our fabulous Deluxe room ( with the most comfortsble bed ever!) which was located on floor 4, This also gave us access to the Executive Lounge where complimentary refreshments were on hand in addition to newspapers, television and radio - all in a very relaxing and comfortable environment. We were amazed at the level of luxury available to us for the very reasonable price of the stay.

This hotel is truly difficult to fault, The staff are courteous and polite at all times. Nothing is too much bother for them, Breakfast is excellent, although some staff can be a little slow at clearing tables sometimes!

The location however, does present a problem or two. I would not recommend that you attempt walking back from town in the dark. It is only around a 15 minute walk but some points of the journey can be peppered with very scary and threatening- looking individuals ! Take the taxi back for your own safety and peace of mind.

On balance, I would have no hesitation in coming back to The Croke Park Hotel. It is simply one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff are delightful, the service is excellent and the hotel is clean and beautifully presented - even if the location is less than ideal.

Get yourself down there. It is a proper little jewel and the perfect base to enjoy the delights of Dublin's fair city!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th Floor had the extra delight of the use of the Executive Lounge
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jackie C
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Congratulations on your partner’s 50th Birthday!

Thank you for choosing The Croke Park Hotel for this special occasion and trust you will return for your next special occasion! I was delighted to read that our team took good care of you and have taken the opportunity to share your kind comments with the team. Please do come and stay with us again and contact me directly at that time.

We appreciate your review and thank you for choosing The Croke Park Hotel!

russell_hadley@doylecollection.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4,758)

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Croke Park is a modern hotel wiht first rate facilities. The staff are friendly and efficient. I thought that it provided exceptionally good value, particularly since a really excellent breakfast was included in the price. (Most hotels in Dublin charge extra for breakfast.) I liked the location - although it is some distance from the city centre, it only takes about 10 minutes to walk to O'Connell Street in the heart of Dublin.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Croke Park Hotel. We always strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and ensure they have a truly enjoyable and relaxing stay. I am pleased to see that you experienced all of these and enjoyed your stay with us.

I was delighted to learn that you found our location suitable as The Croke Park Hotel is located directly across the road from Croke Park Stadium which is the GAA sports’ Mecca. The Croke Park Hotel is located just one mile from Dublin City Centre and a walk or short ride away from Dublin’s Museums, Galleries, Theatres and music venues. Located on the North side of the city allows for quick, easy access to Dublin Airport and is only approximately five miles from the airport.

The hotel is close enough to allow easy access to Dublin City Centre and all of its attractions but also far enough away to guarantee a perfect, quiet nights’ sleep away from the city revellers.

Again, I greatly appreciate your feedback, as it will assist my team in becoming better at what we do. It is my desire to retain you as a satisfied customer and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again in the future. Please contact me personally before your next visit to the Croke Park Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of our renowned hospitality.

Jones Road

Reviewed February 10, 2013

First time in a Doyle collection hotel. Our stay was fantastic, we had a double superior room inc breakfast. The hotel Is located opposite their rugby grounds. The location is a 10 min walk to the centre of town. The location is very quiet after a busy day. Breakfast was substantial with a variety of hot and cold. Staff were friendly and very helpful. It's well worth every penny, so pls ls pls if you go to dublin for a stay CROKE PARK IS THE PLACE TO BE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Superior double front of the hotel, lovely and quiet and you can see when the tour buses arrive.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We've stayed at this hotel for New Years for 2 years running and if we were going back to Dublin we would stay here again.

Location - Little bit out the way, it's a 20 minute walk to town centre. There is a Green Bus that runs directly from the hotel which you can use to get around all the major tourists sites in Dublin. Taxi's from the airport to here are roughly €20 and to town was €10.

Food - Breakfast is very good. Everything you could want whether it's a full English breakfast or continental (including hams etc). Very good service, have as much as you want. We ate dinner here once, prices are similar to everywhere else in Dublin. It was a good meal but we recommend trying authentic Irish restaurants.

Rooms - Very spacious, well kept. Maid service was very good and prompt. You get free tea and coffee + biscuits every day. There is also a safe in the room, free of charge. Free Wi-Fi in the room as well.

Staff - Very friendly staff, always helpful, no complaints. The staff go the extra mile and are happy to book anything you want. Example, on departure, they offer you a complimentary bottle of water.

Hotel - Nicely kept hotel. We were happy with both rooms we stayed in. The hotel lounge is a very good place to chill. The gym is available to use for guests, which is usually very quiet, and includes all standard equipment, even a fruit bowl + towels!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room. You can tell by the hotel map they're much bigger.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

It gave me great pleasure to read your most kind review, thank you so much and I am delighted to hear that we continue to provide a service that you enjoy throughout the hotel. I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to the rest of my team and I`m sure they will be very appreciative.

I hope that we will be welcoming you back very soon, please let me know if I can help with future reservations or in any other way.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have stayed here twice in recent times and both visits were terrific. From the moment you check in the service offered at the hotel are superb. The staff are friendly and so efficient offering you a hot towel to refresh yourself while you check-in. Every one of your needs are almost anticipated and catered for. The rooms are lovely and the beds are extremely comfortable. None of the rooms will give you a great view but you won't really care as all other aspects of the room and the hotel will compensate for this. The food in the bar and from the room-service menu was great with good value. I am usually a 'shop around' kind of person for a cheap hotel room but the Croke Park Hotel have definitely secured by loyalty and I will continue to stay here in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

It’s very kind of you to take the time to share your positive comments with your fellow travellers.

As is the case with all businesses, the greatest advertising we can aspire to is that of word-of-mouth from satisfied customers. Our guest feedback is very important to the overall running of our hotel and affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and service. I can thus personally assure you that the feedback you have provided us will definitely assist my team in becoming better at what we do.

We hopefully look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Excellent staff make you feel welcome from the minute you check in. Well located , gives you a chance to walk into city and taxi back if you prefer. You are not far from the sea if you prefer that. A short drive away.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 7, 2013

What a friendly hotel to stay in. All the staff were helpful and friendly. the rooms were comfortable and I really like the ice machine! Ice in a G&T while I get ready to go out is a must. The breakfast was always good and the servers attentive without being intrusive. Stephen was our favorite as when he found out it was our wedding anniversary he had champagne sent to our room, what a lovely touch.
My only negative comment is that it is not nearly as close to the city center as some of the booking sites suggest!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review on trip advisor. I am very happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and please let me know of any future visits to Dublin - I would be only too happy to look after your reservation needs.

Thank you once again and I look forward welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel.