“Highly recommended at a very good price”
Review of The Croke Park

The Croke Park
Ranked #5 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We've stayed at this hotel for New Years for 2 years running and if we were going back to Dublin we would stay here again.

Location - Little bit out the way, it's a 20 minute walk to town centre. There is a Green Bus that runs directly from the hotel which you can use to get around all the major tourists sites in Dublin. Taxi's from the airport to here are roughly €20 and to town was €10.

Food - Breakfast is very good. Everything you could want whether it's a full English breakfast or continental (including hams etc). Very good service, have as much as you want. We ate dinner here once, prices are similar to everywhere else in Dublin. It was a good meal but we recommend trying authentic Irish restaurants.

Rooms - Very spacious, well kept. Maid service was very good and prompt. You get free tea and coffee + biscuits every day. There is also a safe in the room, free of charge. Free Wi-Fi in the room as well.

Staff - Very friendly staff, always helpful, no complaints. The staff go the extra mile and are happy to book anything you want. Example, on departure, they offer you a complimentary bottle of water.

Hotel - Nicely kept hotel. We were happy with both rooms we stayed in. The hotel lounge is a very good place to chill. The gym is available to use for guests, which is usually very quiet, and includes all standard equipment, even a fruit bowl + towels!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room. You can tell by the hotel map they're much bigger.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

It gave me great pleasure to read your most kind review, thank you so much and I am delighted to hear that we continue to provide a service that you enjoy throughout the hotel. I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to the rest of my team and I`m sure they will be very appreciative.

I hope that we will be welcoming you back very soon, please let me know if I can help with future reservations or in any other way.

russell_hadley@doylecollection.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4,765)

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have stayed here twice in recent times and both visits were terrific. From the moment you check in the service offered at the hotel are superb. The staff are friendly and so efficient offering you a hot towel to refresh yourself while you check-in. Every one of your needs are almost anticipated and catered for. The rooms are lovely and the beds are extremely comfortable. None of the rooms will give you a great view but you won't really care as all other aspects of the room and the hotel will compensate for this. The food in the bar and from the room-service menu was great with good value. I am usually a 'shop around' kind of person for a cheap hotel room but the Croke Park Hotel have definitely secured by loyalty and I will continue to stay here in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

It’s very kind of you to take the time to share your positive comments with your fellow travellers.

As is the case with all businesses, the greatest advertising we can aspire to is that of word-of-mouth from satisfied customers. Our guest feedback is very important to the overall running of our hotel and affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and service. I can thus personally assure you that the feedback you have provided us will definitely assist my team in becoming better at what we do.

We hopefully look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Excellent staff make you feel welcome from the minute you check in. Well located , gives you a chance to walk into city and taxi back if you prefer. You are not far from the sea if you prefer that. A short drive away.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 7, 2013

What a friendly hotel to stay in. All the staff were helpful and friendly. the rooms were comfortable and I really like the ice machine! Ice in a G&T while I get ready to go out is a must. The breakfast was always good and the servers attentive without being intrusive. Stephen was our favorite as when he found out it was our wedding anniversary he had champagne sent to our room, what a lovely touch.
My only negative comment is that it is not nearly as close to the city center as some of the booking sites suggest!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review on trip advisor. I am very happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and please let me know of any future visits to Dublin - I would be only too happy to look after your reservation needs.

Thank you once again and I look forward welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

It really is a great hotel. The rooms are very large, there's loads of room to work on your laptop, the working area is designed for work and not for putting on makeup. My feeling was that they target business travellers because of their less than ideal location. It's not a family hotel, and it's not in a touristy location. Without Croke Park stadium across the road, the hotel would never have been built.

The price was good too - €72 mid-week.

About the location: it's a 10 minute walk from O'Connell street, but it's not the best part of town. A woman alone would probably not feel comfortable walking back to the hotel on a dark evening - or even during the day. But if you're a bloke, have a pair of shoulders, and don't mind stepping around the odd drunk, then you might find yourself liking this hotel and coming back again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have to agree with all the TA reviews. This is a great hotel outside the city center near Croke Stadium. The free parking is worth at least another 15-20 euros. The hotel and staff are faultless. Tons of great restaurants in the area. Highly recommended.

Tip. We booked here last minute, 2 days before arriving in Dublin. They ran a special for a superior room for two for only 35 euros. Next time we're in Dublin, well book a cancelable reservation with the Croke Park, and check rooms the day before our stay to see if prices have come down.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed at The Croke Park Hotel in December 2012. The staff were very helpful and friendly, gave us advise on the best walking route into the city centre and about the Christmas market.
The room was very nice, lovely and warm - clean and tidy. The bed was very comfortable and had a very good nights sleep.
The evening entertainment was one man on his guitar and wow what a great singer.
The breakfast was very good and hot, as sometimes the help yourself breakfast can be luke warm, but not here. On the whole 10/10.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

I was delighted to read that you had a most enjoyable stay and I will be sharing your kind comments with my team. I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I would like to thank you in advance for recommending us to your friends and family and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel again in the near future.

Kind regards