“Excellent Standard Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Staffordshire
“Excellent Standard Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a conference at Croke Park, which in terms of location could not be better, as it is directly over the road from the venue. The rooms are spacious and well desinged, with everything you could need for a business stay.

The room rate are very good value compared to other hotels where i have paid far more for far less in terms of quality and service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank grizzly147
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
It’s very kind of you to take the time to share your positive comments with your fellow travellers.

I was delighted to read that you had a most enjoyable stay and I will be sharing your kind comments with my team. I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I would like to thank you in advance for recommending us to your friends and family and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel again in the near future.

Kind regards

russell_hadley@doylecollection.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

As many other reviewers have said, this hotel is very nice but the location is way off the beaten path. Getting to Temple Bar took 20 minutes through a mostly run down part of town and while we never felt it was dangerous, it wasn't a pleasant stroll and I wouldn't walk in the area late at night. We ended up taking a taxi back at night, which cost about 8-10 euros, depending on the starting point. That said, the hotel staff was wonderful, our room had a beautiful bathroom, comfortable bed and pillows, and all the amenities one could possibly ask for, including a pants press and an ipod dock. The food in the bistro was very good. I enjoyed watching the kitchen staff prepare the meals. Added bonus: free parking underneath the hotel. Because it is on the outskirts of town, getting to the hotel and the airport couldn't have been easier.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony or facing the canal.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank pmac1238
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Croke Park Hotel. We always strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and ensure they have a truly enjoyable and relaxing stay. I am pleased to see that you experienced all of these and enjoyed your stay with us.

I was disappointed to learn however that you did not find our location suitable. Located on the North side of the city allows for quick, easy access to Dublin Airport and is only approximately five miles from the airport. The hotel is close enough to allow easy access to Dublin City Centre and all of its attractions but also far enough away to guarantee a perfect, quiet nights’ sleep away from the city revellers. I would like to reassure yourself and other TripAdvisor reviewers that The Croke Park Hotel has an excellent transport network, with several Dublin bus routes stopping nearby. These bus routes service both Dublin Airport and city centre attractions. There is also the touristic Hop-On Hop-Off bus which has a shuttle service stopping directly outside the hotel. Taxis to or from the world-renowned Temple Bar district should cost no more than €10 each way.

Our guest feedback is very important to the overall running of our hotel and affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and service.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to Dublin and the Croke Park Hotel in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed here with my Girlfriend in December as was attending a concert in the city the following day so decided to make a weekend of it and do a bit of shopping also. The hotel was easily found, with its proximity to the main stadium. The outward appearance of the hotel was clean modern and quite appealing. Inside, the Hotel has a very modern yet warm look, very spacious in its arrangement in all areas so even with crowd you dont feel under pressure.

Room was excellent, very very clean, very well finished and very well furnished. Beds were soft are very luxiousous and pillows proived were of varying firmness from the very soft to quite firm depending on your own prefrence. The room was very warm with an excellent environmental control on the wall which provided tempratures from 16-26 degrees, but the overall temprature of the hotel means that you have very little need to boost the heat in the rooms. The bathroom was also very spacious despite having a seperate show and bath provided, both were very clean the the water temprature and pressure was excellent.

Bar area again had a very modern but still very warm feeling to it, a open plan type Gas fire more for decoration that heat value and a large screen provided a very nice atmosphere. Tables were all weighted on, which ment that i never had to go to the bar, which was nice, albeit making me lazy!. Food was very good, but i would say a little of hte pricy side for main courses although sandwiches and paninis were priced on the higher side of average. The portions were quite good, but without sounding critical for the price they certainly would need to be.

The area around the hotel, despite Croke Part itself is not particularly nice, you are very close to Dorset Street and there are a few other pubs around, but on a whole you would not be really that eager to leave the hotel and walk to the town centre particularly on a quiet nite. Best thing to do would be to make directly for Dorset street through one of the residential areas and if it was late, i would not advise walking alone.

Breakfast was delicious with a massive arrange of hot and cold foods, it was very very busy, but that was down to our own timing (30 mins before end of breakfast) as much as anything else, that said we were queueing for only about 5-10 mins and while we where were queueing, staff were encouraging us to have a glass of juice/ tea or coffee and a mini danish. Again a very nice touch. Staff were a little over stretched during the "rush period" i thought and one more person waiting tables or bringing out tost and tea and coffee would of made a huge difference but the rush was over quite quickly and the room emptied rapidly.

Staff were very polite from Check in to Check out, and it was perhaps the most "Friendly" reception ive had in a hotel, the hot towels on arrival and the complimentary bottled water at check out is a nice touch, but maybe a flirting a bit on the side of overkill.

Cant fault the hotel really, a very nice and most of all comfortable stay, probably as luxiourious a hotel as ive stayed in. A Little bit pricy is certain areas, but is i suppose a hotel of its type and in Dublin, it was to be expected. While i got great value for the cost of staying, cost of eating and drinking were easily 10-15% higher than other hotels, that would be the only thing that would stop me staying again. Then again taking into account how comfortable the hotel was, id almost overlook it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the statium, regardless of what people say it is a very impressive str...

Kind regards

UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed 3 nights on a short break, can't remember what we paid but it wasn't expensive, or we wouldn't have chosen it.
Room was good, good shower/toilet, staff were some of the best I've come across, reception, waiting, and concierge.. We didn't get to try the breakfast, but we did eat there 3 times and the food was very good, again at a reasonable price.
not sure when/if we'll be going to Dublin again, but if we do I'll certainly be looking at this hotel - if the same combination of price/quality holds up, it's hard to beat.
Only downside - It's not central, but it's only a short cab ride or a walk of maybe 15 mins to the centre.

1 Thank genghis15
It gave me great pleasure to read your most kind review, thank you so much and I am delighted to hear that we continue to provide a service that you enjoy throughout the hotel. I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to the rest of my team and I`m sure they will be very appreciative.

I hope that we will be welcoming you back very soon, please let me know if I can help with future reservations or in any other way.

Kind Regards

Russell

Carlow, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

The room was very nice and modern. They had great tea and coffee factiles and the shower was really relaxing. There was also sky sports on the tv in our room and a hi-fi radio where you could play your mp3 player. The hotel was well built and well mentained and very clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I will be back again.

3 Thank Niamh F
Please allow me the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete your most humbling Tripadvisor review regarding your recent stay with us here at The Croke Park Hotel.

As a member of The Doyle Collection, our Proud values are that we meet every guest with a smile, a greeting and an enquiry, we care about the well-being of our guests and actively look for opportunities of how to enhance their experience. I am thus delighted to hear of your positive and hopefully memorable experiences whilst with us.

I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards

Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

We booked this hotel on a great deal with a comparison website and might not have chosen it before that because there are so many hotels in Dublin so there is so much choice. I'm glad I got the opportunity to stay in the hotel because it lived up to my many expectations of hotels. I stay in a lot of hotels so I know what I like.

The hotel offers free parking and free internet access along with the choice of a 4th floor executive floor stay which has an executive lounge offering complimentary drinks and snacks and someplace to relax. There is the use of a meeting room also.

We booked for a birthday visit to the city and there were balloons and a happy birthday sash on the wall which was a nice little extra. They had given me the wrong room and within minutes apologised and upgraded us to the Liam McCarthy Suite on the 4th floor which has the exact same bedroom area with the addition of a living room/dining room, 2nd TV, iPhone dock(up to 4s) and Nespresso machine(in all 4th floor rooms).

We arrived at 11am and stored the car in the underground car park and headed off to Dublin City Centre to do some Christmas shopping. Dublin city is expensive for parking so getting free parking with a 15minute walk is a good choice because parking can be around €12 per day otherwise. It is important to note that I wouldn't walk the same route in the dark.

We had breakfast and it was standard hotel affair. I commented that the price comparison website offered me a "Full English breakfast" and this was "Irish". I don't think the girl got the joke.

If I am coming back to Dublin I will choose this hotel. If you are going to Croke Park then you cannot get a better location. If you are visiting even the Mater hospital then chose this hotel. 10 minute walk.

Room Tip: Ask for 4th floor.
1 Thank BertieBaron
Houston, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

We picked this hotel based on a package and we were glad it included breakfast. The hotel is pretty close to Dublin airport and we paid 26 euros to get to it. Once we checked in, the concierge offered us to upgrade a suite and be able to check immediately... for a fee, so we declined. She said there were no rooms available so we would have to wait until the regular check in time at 3. We were not able to get to breakfast either since we were not checked in. They did offer to hold our luggage on the mean time though.

I noticed the had a shuttle that take you to O'Connell street every hour. We signed up for it and the concierge told us we had to pay 2 euro each to take us there. If you go on a car or taxi, it is about 5 minutes, walking about 20 minutes or so. We came back later on the day and were able to finally check in. Yay! One perk was free Wi Fi in the lobby and in your room.

The room was pretty good size, we had 2 double beds, a small table with a chair, a flat screen TV, a roomy closet and the bathroom has a separate shower and a tub. The bed was very comfortable and the area is very quiet. There were no games on the stadium so we got a very good night sleep.

For one tour, we had to leave at 6:20 am to catch the bus, the concierge put together 2 small bags with our breakfast: cookies, muffins, yogurt, fruit and a small water since we were going to miss the breakfast. We had to ask though for it.

When we had breakfast, it was traditional Irish breakfast with eggs, sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms, potatoes, pastries, cereal, yogurt and juice served in a buffet.

If you decide to take a cab to town is about 10 euros each way.

We did walk at night coming back to the hotel and the area is residential, so it was pretty quiet. The downside is that there are no stores such as Tesco really close by, you need to walk 10-15 minutes. So when we went to town, we will buy water and snacks to bring them back.

2 Thank KandyKane056