“not nice, very nice !”
Review of The Croke Park

The Croke Park
Ranked #5 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Dublin does not enjoy best european weather but for once this is a good reason to stay indoor and enjoy your room and the lobby.
the Croke Park is a really nice place. the hotel is new or almost, and design and furniture are very beautiful with attention to detail, form and function. I would send there some architects to get trained !
service is caring and attentive, and the lounge bar is a nice place to chat, navigate and sip a drink looking at other guests. wifi is free everywhere.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

I cannot thank you enough for your kind review. I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was in perfect order. It means a great deal to me and the team to read such good reviews.

Please feel free and visit your home away from home at any time!

It would be a pleasure to personally look after any further bookings.

Russell

russell_hadley@doylecollection.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4,767)

Reviewed December 2, 2012

My mom and I stayed at Croke Park Hotel during our last 2 nights in Dublin. After traveling all over Ireland and London, we were looking for a nice, clean hotel to unwind in before a trip back home to Chicago. Croke Park Hotel was it!

The check-in experience was quick and quite unremarkable. However the lobby was very welcoming with Christmas decorations. The first floor lobby area is quite large, open and airy which makes you feel quite welcome and comfortable from the get-go. I appreciated the computers in the lobby which allowed for us to print our boarding passes the morning we left (at no cost).

We were delighted to find out that you can purchase hop-on-hop-off bus tour tickets from the front desk. We were also delighted that there was a shuttle bus that picks up at 9:30am to take you to your first stop (though there is no bus to return you back to the hotel in the evening). Additionally, there is a discount offered if you purchase them at the desk rather than waiting to get to town and purchase them at a bus stop, etc..

The room itself was one of the larger rooms we stayed in during our time in Europe and I was delighted with the large bathroom with a bathtub and shower option (which were separate of one another in the bathroom). The room did have a distinct chemical smell, probably from the cleaning supplies they used to clean the room. And although the smell was unpleasant, we aired the room out and quickly got rid of the odor (there was one window to open in the entire room, which only opened a crack, but enough for fresh air, etc.).

The bar/eating area on the first floor is fantastic! My mom and I had a relaxing drink in the bar the first afternoon, and I ordered their clam chowder which was out of this world delicious! We had dinner at the restaurant two nights, and I was able to try their mushroom lasagna which was also very good. The service is so-so. I wish our servers had been more attentive; we probably would have ordered more drinks!

Breakfast is also served in/near the restaurant. The breakfast was one of the best we had on our trip (a cold, Continental spread with cheeses, fruit and pastry options, though there was a full hot breakfast option which was included for a price). The coffee was so-so.

Quite honestly, the only drawback to the property is the distance to the city center. Although many people don't mind the walk, I was with my 60+ year old mom and on a cold night the last thing we wanted to do was walk or stand in the cold waiting for a bus or train. A cab was a much easier (though more costly) option. However, the hotel is within 10-15 mins. from the airport, which was convenient.

I would stay here again, but it would not be my first choice when in Dublin, based solely on its proximity to the city center.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ChicagoCityDweller
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to record your comments regarding your recent stay at the Croke Park Hotel.

As is the case with all businesses, the greatest advertising we can aspire to is that of word-of-mouth from satisfied customers. Our guest feedback is very important to the overall running of our hotel and affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and service. I can thus personally assure you that the feedback you have provided us will definitely assist my team in becoming better at what we do

We hopefully look forward to your return.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

The hotel is lovely - no question. However, my Ipad was absolutely stolen out of my room. There is no mistake about this. I realized it when I got home and called the hotel immediately. I never felt that my situation was taken seriously. I was in America; they were in Ireland. There was nothing to do but be sad and disappointed. We loved our visit to Ireland, but bottom line - the hotel is great; the people were friendly; and my Ipad was stolen from my rooml in th Croke Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review.

Please could I ask you to contact me directly on russell_hadley@doylecollection.com as we are not aware of any items missing from any guest bedrooms and would like to investigate this matter fully.

Jones Road

Reviewed November 30, 2012

The Croke Park Hotel is a well run hotel with most amenities available to its guests. It is close enough to the downtown hub of Dublin to walk to shopping, the Writer's Museum and if adventurous, or if wanting to grab a bus, to many of the museums and galleries, Trinity Dublin, and St. Stephen's Green. There are a few options for dining on site, and the lounge area is very nice for a drink. There are many places to meet up with people, sit, or use the computer stations on the first floor. The service is very good and the concierge/attendants are eager to help. While I was not there for sports activities at Croke Park Stadium, it is clearly the winner to stay here if that is your mission. Breakfast is quite good, with a variety of hot and cold items available. The oatmeal itself is worth a special order!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ChinookTravel_12

It’s very kind of you to take the time to share your positive comments with your fellow travellers.

I was delighted to read that you had a most enjoyable stay overall and I will be sharing your kind comments with my team. I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I would like to thank you in advance for recommending us to your friends and family and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel again in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed November 28, 2012

My son and I recently stayed at The Croke Park Hotel in Dublin and were very impressed with the friendly, efficient staff and comfortable rooms. The staff went out of their way to offer us advice on tours, restaurants and directions. Our room was tastefully decorated and the bathroom was modern and nicely sized. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lift area.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My partner and I were treated to a trip to Dublin by the in-laws so we didn't know what to expect when we arrived at the hotel. However, we instantly felt welcomed by the very friendly staff who were happy to help with our queries of the best tourist attractions and places to eat etc. Although the hotel isn't placed in the most attractive of surroundings (directly opposite Croke Park Stadium) it more than made up for it with its interior. Our room was lovely, with a very comfortable bed, and the turn-down service with the 'lavender hottie' placed under the covers was a lovely welcome touch after a long day of sight-seeing! The extensive selection for breakfast was fabulous and we were spoiled for choice, and the service we received with our evening meal was top-class.
We thoroughly enjoyed our trip to Dublin, and the quality of the hotel was the icing on the cake. We haven't stopped recommending it since we came home!

Room Tip: We were offered the option of upgrading to the 'Executive Floor' for a small extra price, wh...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katrina D

Please feel free and visit your home away from home at any time!

It would be a pleasure to personally look after any further bookings.

Russell

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed here to celebrate a friend's special birthday at a fantastic rate from alpharooms for B&B. We were very impressed with our rooms. Breakfast service was very efficient and the food excellent. The concierge gave us great advice on where to eat and was very helpful in arranging taxis into town and the airport when we needed them. A bus stops up the road and takes you into town for 60cents- we didn't bother with the hop on-off tour because the buses finished at 5pm. Reception staff were also friendly and it was a nice touch to get the offer of a bottle of water on check out. Would definitely recommend this hotel, and would love to stay there again. Be warned though- Dublin is very expensive!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends