“Good hotel but Too far”

Ranked #7 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good hotel but Too far”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Just returned from Dublin and stayed at Croke Park Hotel. From many of the reviews we read we were under the impression it was close enough to walk into the city centre. That is simply not true. Even the staff told us it was too far to walk. We did try it one evening and it took us thru sketchy neighborhoods and over a half hour in the rain. The hotel itself is quite comfortable much like a holiday inn in states, no thrills but great bed and space. Shower was on same level as floor so there was puddles of water everytime we used it. Staff was good, breakfast great, but distance too far. Westin is perfect location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Carole B
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
I would like thank you for having taken the time to complete your Tripadvisor review regarding your recent visit to The Croke Park Hotel. I was most disappointed to learn that you did not find our location suitable and would gladly welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further detail.

The Croke Park Hotel is located directly across the road from Croke Park Stadium which is the GAA sports’ Mecca. The Croke Park Hotel is located just one mile from Dublin City Centre and a walk or short ride away from Dublin’s Museums, Galleries, Theatres and music venues. Located on the North side of the city allows for quick, easy access to Dublin Airport and is only approximately five miles from the airport.

The hotel is close enough to allow easy access to Dublin City Centre and all of its attractions but also far enough away to guarantee a perfect, quiet nights’ sleep away from the city revellers.

I would like to reassure yourself and other TripAdvisor reviewers that The Croke Park Hotel has an excellent transport network, with several Dublin bus routes stopping nearby. These bus routes service both Dublin Airport and city centre attractions. There is also the touristic Hop-On Hop-Off bus which has a shuttle service stopping directly outside the hotel. Taxis to or from the world-renowned Temple Bar district should cost no more than €10 each way.

Again, I greatly appreciate your feedback, as it will assist my team in becoming better at what we do. It is my desire to retain you as a satisfied customer and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again in the future. Please contact me personally before your next visit to the Croke Park Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of our renowned hospitality.

Jones Road
russell_hadley@doylecollection.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Westport, Ireland
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have experienced staying in this hotel many times and I always look forward to it. The staff are exceptional as are the rooms and breakfasts. I especially love staying when there is not a big match as it can be so busy but the standards still don't slip. One thing I miss and I don't know if its exclusive to me. Twice I ran out of cash and had to walk to Drumcondra road for an ATM machine as there is no "cashback" facility when paying with credit cards. I just wondered with the level of people who pass through this hotel especially on match week-ends when the place is thronged and, being that it is a quiet area would the hotel benefit from having an ATM machine installed? Always looking forward to my next visit. Thank you all!

Room Tip: I think guests should always ask in advance for anything they require. It is better than going off...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Croke Park Hotel. We always strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and ensure they have a truly enjoyable and relaxing stay. I am pleased to see that you experienced all of these and enjoyed your stay with us.

Our guest feedback is very important to the overall running of our hotel and affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and service. I can thus assure you we will review the cashback facility as suggested.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to Dublin and the Croke Park Hotel in the future.

Erlangen, Bavaria, Germany
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Croke Park Hotel is a warm and welcoming hotel. The servie is excellent. When did you last receive a hot towel to freshen up? The rooms are rather spacious and immaculate. The beds are very comfortable and ensure a good night's sleep. The bathrooms comprise separate shower and bath tub.
The nearest bus station is only about 500 metres away. You are in town in no time.
This is definitely a hotel to revisit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank wokie67
It’s very kind of you to take the time to share your positive comments with your fellow travellers.

I was delighted to read that you had a most enjoyable stay and I will be sharing your kind comments with my team. I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I would like to thank you in advance for recommending us to your friends and family and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel again in the near future.

Kind regards

Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

It all began well with our arrival to the hotel at 0630 after an overnight flight to Dublin. Damian greated us at the front desk and he went above and beyond to get us checked into our three rooms early. We were escorted by Damian to the breakfast buffet to eat while we had a short wait for our rooms to be ready early for us. The breakfast was amazing, the service was exceptional, the rooms were clean and comfortable, and the location was great-just a few kilometers walk or by bus or taxi into the heart of downtown Dublin.

• Stayed October 2012

I was delighted to read that you had a most enjoyable stay and I will be sharing your kind comments with my team, in particular our Night Manager Damien. I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

Kind regards

newry county down
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed in the Croke Park hotel for two nights ( 16th November- 18th November). We booked a deal via Travel Zoo for 170 euros for the entire stay. This included two nights bed and breakfast, one evening meal, two cocktails, two tickets to Guinness Store House and an upgrade to an executive room.The entire experience was absolutely divine. From the welcome at reception to the check out experience, everything was perfect. The room was clean, modern and spacious . The bathroom had a separate shower and was spotless. There was a great variety of food for breakfast and staff were very friendly and efficient. The menu for the evening meal was very limited with a choice of 3 starters, main courses and desserts. The food was of a good standard but choices uninspiring. At night there was a turn down service available with a butlers chocolate provided beside the bed and a lavender scented hot water bottle placed in the bed. Overall everything was of 5 star quality with staff going the extra mile to make the stay exceptional

Room Tip: upgrade to the executive floor with executive lounge
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank fussyNewryCountyDown
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review on trip advisor. I am very happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and please let me know of any future visits to Dublin - I would be only too happy to look after your reservation needs.

Thank you once again and I look forward welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel.

Glasgow
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have recently returned from a few days in Dublin with my (older!) mum. We stayed at the Croke Park Hotel and from the moment we arrived until we left we had the friendliest and most helpful service. The hotel itself is immaculate and the staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. Hot towels when we arrived, offer of use of the lounge until our rooms were ready (we were very early) bottles of water for our journey, help booking excursions etc. The rooms were lovely and very clean and the food in the restaurants was great. The hotel itself is a little bit out of the main area of Dublin but even for mum and me it was no more than a 15 - 20 minute walk, and on the way back there are plenty of taxis so its not really a problem. It also means that its very quiet at night and I had great nights sleep as a result. The only one drawback (if you can even call it that) is that there are not many restaurants or bars nearby so you really have to stay at the hotel (not an issue in my opinion) or go back into town if you want a night out, again not an issue but you do need taxis. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank GlasgowPGirl
I cannot thank you enough for your kind review. I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was in perfect order. It means a great deal to me and the team to read such good reviews.

Please feel free and visit your home away from home at any time!

It would be a pleasure to personally look after any further bookings.

mercia
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Just returned from a three night stay at the Croke Park, Dublin and it definitely lived up to the excellent reviews on TA.
Able to access our room at 10.30 am, very friendly and helpful staff, comfortable quiet room, spacious public areas and a 15 min walk away from the main sights.
Our first visit to Dublin , hopefully will be back soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traghetti
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review on trip advisor. I am very happy that you enjoyed your first stay with us and please let me know of any future visits to Dublin - I would be only too happy to look after your reservation needs.