“Lovely hotel”
Review of The Croke Park

The Croke Park
Ranked #5 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I stayed in the hotel earlier this year. Its a very nice hotel with good facilities and great choice and variety for breakfast. The only downside I have to mention is that I wish the hotel had been sign posted better as I found it difficult to find even though I had a fair knowledge of the area. Also I think hotel should have some information in rooms relating to public transport connections near the hotel as taxis in Dublin tend to be expensive. Also be aware of huge crowds on days when Croke Park stadium is in use!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank ashy12348
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you for once again choosing The Croke Park Hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

As is the case with all businesses, the greatest advertising we can aspire to is that of word-of-mouth from satisfied customers. Our guest feedback is very important to the overall running of our hotel and affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and service. I am also delighted to inform you, that we are currently in negotations with the local City Council for permission to place additional road signage and hope to receive approval for this from them. I can thus personally assure you that the feedback you have provided us will definitely assist my team in becoming better at what we do.

We look forward to your return.

russell_hadley@doylecollection.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4,688)

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I spent 13 day here very recently. The place is immaculate, very well run and staffed by terrific, upbeat and very helpful people. The breakfast buffet was excellent, with tea/coffee/toast delivered to your table by servers. My room faced the front of the hotel but was very quiet at night. The hotel's location was distant for me to walk to the tourist area of 'downtown' Dublin. But, then again, I knew this before I booked. and I am not able to walk long distances. Taxis, for me, were a reasonable option, and that's what I used. I give this fine hotel a gold star and an 'excellent' rating.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side that faces the stream.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

I cannot thank you enough for your kind review. I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was in perfect order. It means a great deal to me and the team to read such good reviews.

Please feel free and visit your home away from home at any time!

It would be a pleasure to personally look after any further bookings.

Russell

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We found the Croke Park Hotel from checking reviews on Trip Advisor and couldn't be more pleased. We had a very modern, quiet, well-appointed room with a king-size bed that was particularly comfortable and enjoyed both a tasty dinner and a generous breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Although the location is adjacent to a large stadium we had some difficulty in finding the hotel in our rental car but after stopping for directions from local residents were delighted to find that the hotel had good, easily accessible parking. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. Although it was our last night in Ireland we left looking forward to returning.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ottawans

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review on trip advisor. I am very happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and please let me know of any future visits to Dublin - I would be only too happy to look after your reservation needs.

Thank you once again and I look forward welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel.

Russell

Reviewed October 8, 2012

It is so important to let people who do a fantastic job know that they do just that! At the risk of sounding repetitive, my husband and I have just returned from this brilliant hotel again! The thing is - we keep trying other places for variety and to be honest they just pale by comparison to the Croke Park and its fabulous staff and surroundings!!!! We just gravitate back each time - The room we stayed in was sparkling clean as usual - in fact, so clean that I thought it newly decorated and it wasn't - their standards are so high that this is the norm there. No - I don't have shares in the place!! We have stayed in cities all over the world, ie Paris, London, Edinburgh, Glasgow ..... This is easily the best we've ever experienced. See our earlier reviews, I'd have said it was impossible to improve on what they'd already offered but somehow they just go from strength to strength. There's a warmth and familiarity at the Croke Park and to be honest, I think its largely due to the fabulous staff who take their job very seriously and although their schedules are hectic, they still have time for pleasantries. All room standards are excellent, I'd particularly recommend you stay deluxe - you have a bed turn down service, luxury sweets by the bed, luxury lavender hotwater bottles, fluffy robes and slippers! The food is excellent and as I have a Vegan diet it was no trouble catering for me in again and again! - something which I can tell you is not the norm ... I was even offered Soya Milk at breakfast and I didn't even have to ask for it!! If you are going to Dublin and haven't already been here just go - It's everything I've said and more - You won't be disappointed!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a deluxe room!! - and we particularly love the balcony rooms with a view of the Croke Park...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank p0part

It’s very kind of you to take the time to once again share your positive comments with your fellow travellers.

I was delighted to read that you had a most enjoyable stay and I will be sharing your kind comments with my team. I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I would like to thank you in advance for recommending us to your friends and family and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel again in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Driving up to the Croke Park, I was a little leery as the exterior was dull and a little stained. Inside is quite a different story. Very modern! Exceptionally clean (as were all the hotels we visited in Ireland). Of the five hotels we visited in Ireland, the Croke had the least friendly staff but we were served well. Food was quite good, but short of excellent. Several of our fellow travelers had trouble with their security entrance cards as did we. However, the situation was remedied with good grace. There were no instructions in the room for operations of the different appliances,

The hotel is right across from Croke Park Stadium so beware of LARGE, no, HUGE, enthusiastic crowds during events. The taxi ride from downtown Dublin runs around 10 Euro. Several others were gouged by over twice that amount by unscrupulous drivers.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank mickiknits
Reviewed October 5, 2012

After finding the Croke Park Hotel on Trip Advisor, we stayed there from Sept 17-Sept 21 2012. What a lovely time we had! We have two young children, and the staff truly went above and beyond to make our stay stress free and enjoyable. Our kids were thrilled with the lego bin they got to play with for the three days we were there! Chris, the concierge, was helpful and kind in all his recommendations. Our stay in Dublin was the beginning of a two week vacation, and my husband said over and over again how he wished we would have saved the Croke Park Hotel for the end of the trip because no other place would be able to live up to it! The rooms are beautiful, breakfast wonderful, and you leave there feeling truly pampered. We will definitely be staying there on our next trip to Ireland. Thank you for the lovely time!

By the way, it was a little out of the way from the main sites of Dublin, but we were able to walk to St. Stephen's Green with our two young children. We did end up taking taxis to Temple Bar for dinner, but it was relatively affordable at about 10 euro each way. We were on vacation after all!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank AbbateAM
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This was a hard hotel to rate, as I wanted to give the hotel itself a four, but the location a two. Ended up on a three. The hotel is right next door to Croke Park, so if you're there to watch some games - the location is probably good. If you're in Dublin to discover and explore the city, the location is pretty terrible. Right of the plane I was surprised when I told the air coach-salesman that I wanted to go to the city center, Croke Park, and he answered, "That's not in the city centre - that's the outskirts.". It really is, and it's a pretty long and very uninteresting walk, so we had to buy day passes for the bus for the four days we were there.

As for the hotel itself, we really enjoyed the breakfast and service. The room was pretty small, but I suppose many triple rooms are as small. Just don't expect any space to move around...

So the hotel was ok, but the location (and the surroundings, might I add, with dog poo-littered walkways and nothing interesting nearby) really made our stay a lot less pleasurable than it could have been.

If you're in Dublin to see the city, I'd suggest getting something around the Temple Bar district or other parts of the proper city centre.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family