“4 star quality and a great breakfast at a reasonable price”
Review of The Croke Park

The Croke Park
Ranked #5 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Warrington
“4 star quality and a great breakfast at a reasonable price”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have stayed at the Croke Park Hotel 20-30 times for a variety of reasons Business, family and wen I came over ro play rugby.

Location: It is 20 mins walk from from Temple bar and the centre of Dublin 5 mins in a Taxi. It is opposite Croke Park Stadium which means it gets very busy when there is a game on at the weekends.

First impressions : Classic 4 star / 5 star hotel with all the usual amenities but not the pomp of the Westbury its sister hotel in Grafton street or the price( westbury is 50% more expensive). I have paid on average 90 euros per night with breakfast. There are pubs and restaurants nearby all of which are very good and you can walk through Dublins equivalent of China town ( Parnell Street) on the way to O'Connell and into the heart of the tourist areas .

The staff are friendly and helpful, the lounge is large and comfortable with a restaurant off to the side and bar snacks available, the rooms are modern and comfortable with TV( irish and english channels plus skysports), bar fridge and comfy chair . The breakfast buffet in the morning is worth paying for and is substantial. There is a small gym and free parking in the underground car park.

I found the Croke Park hotel to be an excellent operating base for both business and family visits to the City.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank jonesthephone
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
It gave me great pleasure to read your review, thank you so much and I am delighted to hear that we have continued to provide a service that you enjoy throughout the hotel. I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to the rest of my team and I`m sure they will be very appreciative.

I hope that we will be welcoming you back very soon, please let me know if I can help with future reservations or in any other way.

Russell

russell_hadley@doylecollection.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (511)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Donegal
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with 3 children (11-13yrs) specifically for the All Ireland Semi final in Croke park. It was easy to get to the hotel and the location for us was perfect. Reception staff were pleasant and efficient. The room was great, on the 3rd floor and away from any noise (as requested). It was clean and comfortable and the heating/air conditioning worked well (I adjusted it twice.....once to turn it up and once to turn it down). It had wifi....which was a bit slow, but wasn't an important detail to us. We all had a great night sleep and were very comfortable, and there was a great choice for breakfast, from continental style fare to full Irish breakfast. The place is modern and kept clean, and does not reflect the expected level of wear and tear given the volume of people who pound through here on match days. HOWEVER we had one experience that somewhat marred our visit. Following our arrival we ate in the bar, and two of us ordered the chicken korma but requested half chips/half rice. The portion of rice that arrived was (no exaggeration) about half a teacup of boiled rice......for both of us. I queried the portion we were to share and asked if we could have another teacup of rice.....and was bluntly told that that was the portion size (divided by two now ....as we also got a bowl of chips) and if I cared for another I'd pay for it! I registered my obvious dissatisfaction but was not going to argue with her, because it was obvious there was NO WAY the waitress was going to give us that rice. I still have not recovered from my shock really......a 54 euro meal and there was a quibble over what amounted to about 2 table spoonful's of rice each????? I also felt treated with contempt, which was worse. The food was relatively expensive for what we got. We had the hotel package that included a discount for food, but it became obvious when we were checking out that we had (it seems) mistakenly had lunch in the wrong place......the bar rather than in the bistro. However the checkout staff gave us the discount anyway, (without me asking) which was good customer service. So overall this hotel served our needs well, and the majority of staff were pleasant. But there is a problem with customer service somewhere, when even the mildest and most courteous of complaints are dealt with with such contempt....and all for the value of a teacup worth of boiled rice. Would I stay here again , yes but........

Room Tip: On match days ask to be on upper floors.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JacDonegal
Firstly congratulations on the win by Donegal !

Thank you for taking the time to record your comments regarding your recent stay at the Croke Park Hotel. I was most disappointed to learn of the issues you encountered during your stay with us and would gladly welcome the opportunity to discuss these in more detail.

As a member of The Doyle Collection, our Proud values are that we meet every guest with a smile, a greeting and an enquiry, we care about the well-being of our guests and actively look for opportunities of how to enhance their experience. I have personally spoken with our Food & Beverage Manager and Executive Chef regarding your concerns and can assure you that these issues mentioned are being dealt with accordingly. Your constructive observations have also been the subject of a meeting with our Senior Management, as I most certainly cannot condone any deviation from the high standards that have become synonymous with The Croke Park Hotel.

Our aim at The Croke Park Hotel is to consistently ensure that we surpass our guest expectations, but it would seem on this occasion we failed, and for this I sincerely apologise. We strive to provide our guests with memorable luxury experiences, but it appears your stay with us was memorable for the wrong reasons.

I look forward to hopefully being able to personally discuss your stay in more detail.

Warmest Regards

Toronto
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Wow! That is a long title - but it is true. I stayed at Croke for 3 days earlier this week, and now have returned for 2 nights. I have no complaints - both my rooms have been immaculately clean. The staff are keen and helpful. And, depending on your intentions, the hotel may be an excellent diversion from spending all your time in Dublin Tourist traps.... because of location I ended up doing a Tour of Croke Park - I found it so interesting, I ended up going to a Hurling match (very convenient - across the street). My Point? I probably would not have done this if I was in a hotel close to the Templar Bar area.. Depending on your interests, this hotel is walking distance to the Botanical Gardens, and Glancevin Cemetry (and walking distance to many other attractions, if you ealize the physical benefit to walking 45 minutes to all the downtown features).... Don't get me wrong, this hotel is not far; plus it gives you the option of experiencing the city as a true Dubliner.... 2 for 1 - what more can you ask for?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank scarlett_atom
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We bought a groupon for this hotel and it was seamless. We ate at the restaurant in the morning and they had excellent fare. Convenient location, friendly stay. No free WiFi - but that is very standard for the United Kingdom. I recommend.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Mira O
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review on trip advisor. I am very happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and please let me know of any future visits to Dublin - I would be only too happy to look after your reservation needs. I would also like to take this opportunity to reassure yourself and others that we do in fact offer complimentary wifi throughout the entire hotel.

Thank you once again and I look forward welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel.

Russell

longford
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Free parking, great rooms, very clean, friendly helpful staff, breakfast as good as any 5star hotel, restaurant excellent. would definitely stay again. Bit of walk to o connell street but not that bad.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scooby40
It’s very kind of you to take the time to share your positive comments with your fellow travellers.

I was delighted to read that you had a most enjoyable stay and I will be sharing your kind comments with my team. I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I would like to thank you in advance for recommending us to your friends and family and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel again in the near future.

Kind regards

Pitmedden, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed at the Croke Pk on an Easter getaway , first impressions were good - staff very friendly, room was clean and stylish and the bed was huge and very comfortable , decided to try the in-house restaurant and we were so impressed with the food and the service we didn't venture anywhere else in our 3 day stay( I know we could have gone out in the city centre for a meal but after a full day exploring Dublin the thought of staying put and enjoying a great meal won out ). We had been upgraded on arrival and so could enjoy our breakfasts in the executive lounge so could wonder along to a room full of comfortable chairs , papers to read and a wonderful continental breakfast. The hotel is a good 20 min walk from O'Connell Street but we found the walk to be no problem though the surrounding areas are not the most photogenic in the city. Overall I thoroughly recommend the Croke as a great place to stay for a few nights out of the city centre

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Torkm68
Please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete your most kind review. I most certainly appreciate all feedback which assists with reviewing and improving the hotel’s services.

Thank you for your feedback regarding your dining experiences in our Sideline Bistro and am delighted to learn that your dinner experiences were all most enjoyable. Our Head Chef John Sheridan draws on the finest local fare and seasonal produce to create a menu of simply cooked, exquisitely presented dishes.

It is my goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future. If there is anything else I can be assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Tel + 353 (0) 1 8714444
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We have stayed at the Croke Park three times now and we did not even consider staying anywhere else on our way to the ferry after our trip to the west coast of Ireland, it is easy to find and easy to get to the ferry as well as being an excellent hotel.
The rooms are modern and clean with free wi-fi and a bathroom with bath and seperate shower, the bed is very comfortable. There is also free parking.
It is quite a way to the centre of Dublin but is easily walkable.
We have already booked to stay again in December.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eileen R
Thank you for once again choosing The Croke Park Hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

As is the case with all businesses, the greatest advertising we can aspire to is that of word-of-mouth from satisfied customers. Our guest feedback is very important to the overall running of our hotel and affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and service. I can thus personally assure you that the feedback you have provided us will definitely assist my team in becoming better at what we do

We look forward to your return.