“Dated but nice!”

O'Shea's Hotel
Ranked #86 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
“Dated but nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Has a really nice stay while the rooms are a bit dated and small its a nice cosy place and great value.The guy on check in was friendly and helpful. I didn't not have a drink in the bar but my husband went down while I was getting ready and sad it was a nice place to have a drink.
Would stay again!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

Recently went to this establishment for food after a days shopping , oh my god I was disgusted, firstly there was a que for the toilets when got to the toilets they where all blocked and had no toilet roll , disgusting , these where the main bar / restaurant facilities for the ladies , when i went to report it to the front desk I was told not his problem and go to see the bar attendant , approached the bar attendant who was nothing but an aul grouch not friendly whatsoever and couldn't give a hoot if the bathrooms where flooded , told him the facilities where blocked and he said oh are they , not a response I was hoping to here , so wanted to order food so had to go back to the unfriendly barman to order as the waitress was by passing and didn't seem to want to be there either , eventually my starters came out food was ok couldn't fault a plate of nachos , didn't bother to hang around all night for my main course so decided to leave this building and WONT be ever coming back, my overall opinion was the staff where unfriendly not pleasant unhelpful couldn't careless what was happening you
had to go up to bar to order food and still couldn't get it correct

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Lanadel

Travelers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed on Saturday night with my friend, night out in Dublin. Great location, as we did a bit of shopping before heading out. Staff very helpful, accompanied us to the underground car park and back to the hotel, arranged a taxi for us later on. Room small enough, perfect for overnight stay. Stayed on the fourth floor, no noise from outside or ground floor pub. Recommended for couples or friends heading for a night out in Dublin.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

For 80 euros per couple including full breakfast, i think it is good value for money. Good location, 3-4 mins walking to center, 8-10 mins walking to temple bar area. Rooms are old and tiny, but to be honest not noisy at all. It was smelly in the corridors. If you plan not to spend too much time in the room, but to see around and if you are in a budget then this is a good choice.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Well priced at £80 per room between 2 of us. Easy 10-15min walk to temple bar, 5 mins to connolly street. Clean, basic but adequate rooms. Friendly helpful staff. Bar with live music downstairs. Well priced full cooked breakfast. Coukd do with wifi.

• Stayed October 2013
Belfast
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Dublin hotels are rather expensive so when we came across O’Shea’s we were quite rightly suspicious – 80 euro per night for a 3 star hotel in a fantastic location? There must be a catch. And there was. The staff weren’t exactly customer service connoisseurs but other than that, I couldn’t complain.

My main issue was that we were treated with hostility from the start as we had friend with us. I guess the staff were worried she was going to try and stay in the room with us when in fact she was just going to have a couple of drinks with us while we got ready to go out since we had arrived on the train straight after work and she met us there as she lives in Dublin. She was already there when we arrived and had tried to explain the situation to the man on the desk but he told her she wasn’t permitted to come in. If it had been 2am I’d have understood it but it was 8pm and we were only just checking in. Eventually our friend (a Dublin resident, why would she be staying with us?) was permitted to join us for a drink but only after some heated discussion on the matter. I have never in my years of travelling experienced being treated like a naughty teenager in this manner however in their defence, I’m guessing this is a place usually frequented by stag/hen do’s so they probably have regular problems of this type. Customers should be treated as individuals though! I have to say, the older guy who initially had the discussion with us was quite charming in the end and a good laugh. Some of the others and the bar staff were downright unpleasant.

The room was as you would expect, slightly old-fashioned décor but immaculately clean with a comfortable bed and more than acceptable. It was VERY noisy though being on the main road, it’s double-glazed but you’d not think so. Anyone expecting to sleep should probably ask for a room off the main road.

I would stay here again but only for one night at a time and only for nights out with friends when all I need is somewhere to lay my head with no bells and whistles required. And I’d definitely bring earplugs.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank rubyglittershoes
Gaeta, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel is adorable, the rooms are small but perfect for a couple who is not planning on spending much time in the room. The 1st floor has a restaurant and pub, the food was delicious and the live music was great! If you are planing on a trip to Dublin mu husband and I would highly recommend staying here. The staff is GREAT! And the full Irish breakfast is not only filling and delicious but served from 0730-1030 so you are not rushed in the morning. The hop-on hop-ff bus stop and city center is only about a 4 minute walk from the front door. Again... HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple