“Great Times at the Pub” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #89 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
San Diego, California
“Great Times at the Pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I'm surprised to see so many negative comments about this place. My friends and I literally came here at least once every day that we were in Ireland (over 7 days). A couple of times we arrived after the kitchen closed so we drank our supper, but all of the food that we had was good and the pints were great.

One of the waitresses was rude (which we came to expect overall in Ireland) but the other staff and the bartenders were great.

After hearing so many horror stories about the high prices in Europe, we were pleasantly surprised at the reasonable prices of food at O'Sheas. Two of the barmen were so hospitable that all three of us added them on Facebook and have kept in touch.

I look forward to returning to Dublin to bring my family here for the Irish Stew and live entertainment.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Zagreb, Croatia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was in this hotel jutr to eat something for eat. I ordered fish and chips and it was disgusting, the fish has a really bad smell and it was not tasty. But at least servise is quite good. My advise: stay away from fish and chips here :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hewitt Z

Travelers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Just returned from a 3 night stay at this hotel. Extremely good value and very central location. Main chap running reception through evenings/ night was great. Very helpful and also endured my rather tipsy episode congratulating him on a great hotel. The room was clean and was a little wary of a review on here describing dirty sheets but this proved not to be so in this case. Everything was spot on. Clean, contemporary though small en suite. Also described in previous reviews is the noise. I wasn't disturbed by noise from the hotel bar at all but then I didn't go to bed till the music had finished. Why would you? The music was fantastic. Traditional Irish. Noisy in the street but this is a city centre hotel so one would expect noise ( always amazed by people who raise noise as an issue in a city centre!!!!!!). Breakfast was great and extremely good value ( our room charge did not have the breakfast included but only cost 5 euros). The Irish stew is to die for. Had it for 2 consecutive meals. Chaps behind the bar pleasant and no hassle to check out when our stay came to an end. All in all a great place and I will be returning.

Room Tip: Try the Irish Stew!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CrazyHorse12
Kerry
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

The receptionist was a lovely person , very helpful and had a great sense of humour. I was not happy at all with my room, there were big long black hairs all over the bath! the bathroom floor and carpet was full of muck! and my sheets were disgraceful, they were not changed at all and there was dirty brown marks on them! I was horrified! I said to my self I would never stay here again!
The location is brilliant!! and the hotel has a storage room to store your bags for free as long as you like! I was very happy with this! but I will NOT be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Giddyfiddles1
Rome, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I booked online in hopes that the photo would match the room. Nope! It was terribly small and the bathroom was terrible. The view was awful as it was over the roof line and other rooms looking straight into mine. I decided to skip the shower altogether because it was so nasty looking.
But, it is what it is. A small room in a central part of Dublin. On the upside, I did want a pub experience and I got one. Music and crowds downstairs and it was a nice way to end the trip by drinking few beers and listening to Irish Music. The crowds left around 1am and I was able to get a little sleep before the traffic noises woke me. Would I stay again? Yes, but I would haggle with them over the price. I paid 90 Euro. I met a lovely fellow in the bar who bought me a cider and told me he paid 30 Euro for a large room and enormous bathroom with a nice view.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor room. Don't settle for first floor unless you get it at at rock bottom prices...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights while on a 4 night weekend in the Republic going to see Horse Racing.
We managed to get a twin room including a full Irish breakfast at a bargain price of 70 Euro per night. We had a corner room overlooking the Liffey and on the 2 nights that we were there the entertainment in house was good enough to keep us in the bar all night. The staff were all friendly and the black stuff was to die for.
The room was adequate, the power shower wonderful with plenty of nice towels and there was a tea/ coffee tray. A nice touch was the FREE safe in the room.
I would have no hesitation in staying here again and will definitely return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
boston/galway
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Oh, where to start? What a dump. Hotel room yuck. Someone else's body order rose from the sheets and duvet. Restaurant? I suggested my friend get a tetanus shot after sitting in her ratty chair. Pay a bit more and stay somewhere decent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends